what did you think of neil cox interview?

liampie

I think both Ardley and Cox come across strong. They seem to compliment each other well and the way they come across looks as though they are honest with each other. Mansfield will be the first league match for the pair and I hope we see some sort of passion and tactics that can hurt Mansfield. 

I like the fact that the assistant manager seems and sounds like he will be heavily involved, the last two seemed a mix of it but Neil Cox appears to be a very hands on person. I hope he plays a big role in supporting Neal Ardley.

I'm more impressed with Cox than I am with Ardley to be honest.

Very pleased with both.

5 hours ago, Chris said:

I like the fact that the assistant manager seems and sounds like he will be heavily involved, the last two seemed a mix of it but Neil Cox appears to be a very hands on person. I hope he plays a big role in supporting Neal Ardley.

I'm more impressed with Cox than I am with Ardley to be honest.

Very pleased with both.

Their public face  isn't  necessarily their working or private face.I must admit I'm more impressed by this latest Notts Managerial appointment than I have been for many a while.I did think Kevin Nolan would have done better but he didn't seem to learn from his mistakes and anyway I think there was more going on that has never been made public.I just hope my gut feeling proves correct.

Well I am impressed and pleased @super_ram, I just feel first interviews are started and you learn more from future ones.

I'll be interested to hear his pre and post match comments.

Those are what will tell us what kind of a manager he is because we can actually compare his words to what he does, if he drops a player for example after a bad game - it's the right thing to do and his methods should speak volumes. I hope he gives praise too, this is something Kevin Nolan and Harry Kewell did but only on a very generic level. "I'm proud of my boys", well that's fine but we lost 3-1 (or whatever).

Tell us what you aim to do and praise players for doing right when its a good thing. 

I don't mean to sound nasty, Neil Cox doesn't seem to be the brightest bulb. I think that's why he's a little slow to reply, I do not think for a second he's being prompted or guided as to what he should say. I also think he seems more stern than Neal Ardley.

Could the club have a good cop/bad cop situation here?

I do feel this could get a better performance out of the players if one told people straight and the other lifted them.

Archived