Diego Capel ........ remember him?

Piethagoram

It tells you all you need to know this rumour now about 1 year on from it. Nolan was obviously so desperate for a goalscorer in January to push for promotion and it never came. So he was going to push the boat out to sign a free agent and offer him stupid money. If only if only he had gotten his targets in January this could have all been a different story.

It could have worked but it seems it could have been a waste of money, I would have rather took a save gamble and signed someone with a good record within League Two. If we signed him, we might not have gotten Kristian Dennis and Kane Hemmings.

Who knows but I think we have a stronger squad and hopefully Neal Ardley can work his magic.

This type of signing at this level shouldn't be reattempted.

The thing I didn't understand is why fans argued over this?

It seemed clearly something that wasn't going to happen, we had two camps and the bickering was silly. If we gain promotion nobody would have battered an eye lid, if we didn't it would have been a different story. I am glad we didn't but I could see how useful it could have been, just at the price it seemed madness. I wonder if the rumour over the amount was true? I seem to recall AH saying we couldn't afford him.

That the offer was much lower than reported but who knows.

Archived