Notts County Vs Preston North End

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It was mentioned on the radio these next two home games are 'winnable'. I asked on a certain place what people expected from the next four games after we played Crewe/Wolves. I said 7/8 points but i would be happy 5-6, realistic now I'd take 4. Preston are a side which play quick and direct football, to stop this and counter-act their tactics will be relying on our defense to stand proud and tall. We need to push onto them, making sure they're pushed back in the process.

No games unwinnable, it's how you setup and even average sides can be made the most of. However, I feel last Tuesday was 'winnable' and a game our focus should have been much higher, I know it deserved to be much higher because we cannot rely on this supposed 'home' form which keeps being mentioned.

Preston - Haven't enjoyed a result higher than 2-0 for sometime, I fear this Saturday could be that day. I'm not trying to be negative, just open and honest. They've got at least 4-5 players who are capable of running the show, 3 of which I don't feel should be playing League One football but they're and we will have deal with them.

Notts must start from the back, games will be easier to control if the defense pushed confidence forward. It's easy to say pressure can be taken away by good attacking football, though when you're a side being punished by cheap goals and weak marking, it doesn't spread confidence. It makes you feel like you must always do something going forward, so mistakes are always likely to happen (as they're in defense) but I don't think any Notts fan can see we have been right at the back. It cost us at Carlise - Along with many games before that.

I'm not predicting the score, I think the attendance will be around 3.5k.

Thoughts?

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

We really need to win this one and we can. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

4K I reckon. Will we win? I don't think so. Preston are a better side than us. The trend will continue. PNE score 2 before Notts start playing. Another 2-1 defeat IMO. JCR with a late goal for us.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

if we lose, it should not come so much as a surprise but i agree with everything joe said. i finish work at 2pm saturday, it would take me 30 minutes to get into town so its possibly that i can make it.

i dont see us scoring to be honest, i think they easily beat us.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486

Another tough one - Kevin Davies could pose real problems for our defence!

It is one of those games that Notts have an amazing habit of winning against all the odds. Preston are solid, have only lost 2 (I think) and we are all over the show. Whilst another defeat would not be a major surprise, I can see is managing at least a point. Hopefully, Haber will start - but I somehow doubt it - and Tempest ought to retain his place - another slight doubt!

You can keep Labadie for me, he offers nothing creative, lacks pace & awareness and concedes too many free kicks. Any good work he manages is rapidly undone by his errors.

Come on Notts - now is the time!

• Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I think this one will be a draw at best but more likely a defeat, I see CK is talking about bringing more youngsters in to the first team. Well we might as well give it a try. I really hope we win but I honestly can't see it. Sorry.

• Content Count:  2,743

I don't want to put a jinx on Notts by commenting.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I think this one will be a draw at best but more likely a defeat, I see CK is talking about bringing more youngsters in to the first team. Well we might as well give it a try. I really hope we win but I honestly can't see it. Sorry.

CK may as well give youngsters a chance.A bit of youthful enthusiasm may rub off on some of the players that are letting CK and Notts down.Notts are better than their league position says but the players need to show this by winning some matches-starting against Preston.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Preston shouldn't go home at all happy with themselves, I'd be annoyed if I was on of their fans (which I gladly can say I am not). After today I have a grudge of my own with them, how they went on about Laird and his injury it's a little cheap when their fans go about being thugs. I won't go into that here tho :)

Not not a pretty side, they started brightly but fizzled out in my opinion.

We easily controlled the first half, the defense deserves much of the credit for this and the only reason we didn't go upfront is the fact our forward line bowed and a lack of movement when needed. The midfield need to partner the strikers, who need to been more complacent (for a lack of better word) inside the box.

I would have introduced JCR at half time, I really felt we needed to make one change. It's disappointing to say I was right, as I said to @natward CK would leave it until after the 70th minute and when did make a change, they took it as a time to score themselves. The defense really buckled, quite unhappy with that but I am content with the play.

CK needs to go now, if we lose Saturday.. I just can't understand it - 10 games out of 13 we've lost.

Supporter+

As for the match itself I thought we played well plenty of possession with no cutting edge. The players I thought have their all but tactics were sadly missing, I thought it was crying out for Haber and Campbell-Ryce to come on at half time.

I was saddened to see grown men fighting outside the ground, from what I've seen of the Preston fans they are the lowest of the low.

I had my grandson with me and felt a bit frightened for our safety, thankfully George didn't seem to understand what was going on and said something about them tackling each other, I think he thought it was still a football match as I shepherded him away from the trouble.

A very sad day all said.

Back to the football, I think it is time for CK to go sadly. Something has to be done to change this situation.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

I felt sick to the pit of my stomach when I saw that Preston had scored. Once we go behind our heads drop far too easily and we never really look like getting back into it.

It's yet another game in which we've played well and created chances, but lost. I just dont think its going to happen for us this season.

Everyone wants to sack Kiwomya but I dont see it making any difference, we'll only appoint someone else inexperienced and sack them in a few months. Besides, can you really sack a manager when your playing well? if we never looked like scoring and were getting swept aside every week you could, but I dont know in this situation.

Tuesdays game becomes huge now. Everyone down the bottom won today apart from us, and we're in real danger of being cut adrift.3 points against Oldham are vital. No disrespect to them but we have to be beating them. A win is a must. It dosent matter how we get it, we just need a win

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

It was difficult to watch this game today as I do believe the players were trying. We had no cutting edge. Something is just not clicking on the pitch. Neal Bishop has put on Facebook that Chris has been sacked. Not sure if it's true! For those of you who read my comments re Twitter blocking. I have had a very nice reply to my email and it was an error. As previously stated I have not done anything wrong. :)

• Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

I think Notts played ok today... they could of done abit better but at least they were trying today. We didn't come away with the result we wanted but i wasn't expecting us to win because of the previous game record. We will get better but i think it will take time and we don't really have much of that left unless we want to stay near the bottom of the league.

Preston shouldn't go home at all happy with themselves, I'd be annoyed if I was on of their fans (which I gladly can say I am not). After today I have a grudge of my own with them, how they went on about Laird and his injury it's a little cheap when their fans go about being thugs. I won't go into that here tho :)

Not not a pretty side, they started brightly but fizzled out in my opinion.

As for the match itself I thought we played well plenty of possession with no cutting edge. The players I thought have their all but tactics were sadly missing, I thought it was crying out for Haber and Campbell-Ryce to come on at half time.

I was saddened to see grown men fighting outside the ground, from what I've seen of the Preston fans they are the lowest of the low.

I had my grandson with me and felt a bit frightened for our safety, thankfully George didn't seem to understand what was going on and said something about them tackling each other, I think he thought it was still a football match as I shepherded him away from the trouble.

A very sad day all said.

Very sorry to see the mindless morons are back.The type of incidents described were all too familiar in the1970's.I hope it hasn't put George or Jake off attending Notts matches.

Supporter+

Very sorry to see the mindless morons are back.The type of incidents described were all too familiar in the1970's.I hope it hasn't put George or Jake off attending Notts matches.

I don't think George hardly noticed, as I said he thought they were playing football or something he said something about them tackling each other but it was a pretty nasty incident with grown men fighting in the street and rolling round on the ground punching and kicking each other. I quickly shepherded him away but they were going the same way as us and continued to cause trouble all the way to the embankment, threatening people etc., I was glad when I saw them get into their minibus.

It won't put George off but it will make me think twice about which matches I take him to, although I hadn't previously thought that Preston fans would be a problem, I sure as always it was a tiny minority that gives the all a bad name.

Where were the police?There used to be a massive police presence at Derby matches but they still couldn't prevent pillocks causing trouble.This was one reason I didn't take Joe when he was only about 4 years old.

Supporter+

I don't think I saw any police at all, perhaps they weren't expecting trouble. It is after all very very rare at Notts games.

I think I have read somewhere that the club have to foot the bill for a police presence so it's probably up to them whether the police are present or not.

Archived