Any more signings needed?

Joshua

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,910
  • Days Won:  5

Do you think Notts needs any more reinforcements or, are you happy with the squad now?

The depth is there, I would feel happier knowing we have another winger but since Notts can sign one at any point, I don't think it's a major issue. What are your thoughts?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I’m pretty happy with the signings. The last two summer transfer windows and beyond have been a breath of fresh air compared to some of the crap we’ve endured previously.

As above, winger would be nice, but we’ve got enough players to fill the gap if it became an issue. 
formation wise, I think we’ll be a lot more interesting this season.

That could be the kiss of death right there 😂

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

A backup winger is clearly missing. An injury to Enzio or Roberts and we start putting square pegs in round holes... Jim O'brien and Rodrigues on the wing would be a guess, or maybe Wes Thomas?

I still worry about the backup positions for CB. Lacey and Rawlinson are solid, but will inevitably be injured / need resting, Graham and Turner don't fill me with the same confidence. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I can see Jim O'Brien being pushed out wide if needed, however, I would still feel more comfortable with a strong winger who has a lot of speed. I'd be happy to weight for this, as I do feel the squad is strong and some players can be moved around.

Example: Damien McCrory and Dion Kelly-Evans are two possible players to fill in.

So, I'd leave it until a strong candidate is found. At this stage, I wouldn't be certain many good players would be without a club, so it might be worth waiting a little.

39 minutes ago, Chris said:

Example: Damien McCrory and Dion Kelly-Evans are two possible players to fill in.

If McCrory and DKE are our wingers for more than 45 minutes, we are fucked. 

That's a bit harsh, DKE trained as a winger and provided he's well supported - he would do well. McCrory for me is also much better going forward. I doubt they'll be required but if pushed, I am confident they could do the job until we had adequate cover.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

It seems the majority of Conference clubs are on the verge of crisis or in crisis. Notts are in a very strong position. The current squad is more than capable of winning the league and doing so comfortably. 

• Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

I'm happy with the squad, when was the last time we only had 22 players?! 

The fact we haven't signed a winger signals to me we'll be seeing other formations more often than the classic 4-4-2. If we plan to play the 4-1-2-1-2 formation like we have done for the start of pre-season we don't actually need wingers. We could easily play 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 as well. I think we'll be changing it up quite a bit this season...

With the Reedtz brothers at the helm never say never when it comes to another signing though. If an exceptional player becomes available or is spotted (ala Roberts) I think they'd move for them rather than miss out.

On 15/09/2020 at 18:16, menzinho said:

I'm happy with the squad, when was the last time we only had 22 players?! 

I hope come the end of the season, you can say something similar about how many players we have managed to keep in contact. This would be a massive sign of the clubs going in the right direction, both in terms of retaining a settle squad but a manager that knows his squad.

On 15/09/2020 at 18:15, Dripsey3 said:

It seems the majority of Conference clubs are on the verge of crisis or in crisis. Notts are in a very strong position. The current squad is more than capable of winning the league and doing so comfortably. 

Capable of winning the league? Could be. However, 'comfortably' is a bit of a stretch. There's a handful of good teams in this league that will push for that top spot. It's very rare when a team runs away with it. 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

i think we do need a winger but i would not expect one to just arrive soon, maybe a loan would be the way the club could fill the gap.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

maybe notts should try to offload enzio in exchange for someone else? this is his third season and i think hes a major thorn in our side.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

Aside from a winger, there's no need for any more players. I feel more will say we need additional players but signing wise, we can hold back.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I think we need to give what we have time, bringing someone in could change things and the diamond formation has been something the squad has worked hard to incorporate in training. It might require some transitional time to get back into the swing of things.

Sloths departure does create some room mind.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Need a centre mid now Sloth has departed as we now have only three proper centre mids and we can't go through the busy schedule with only Reeves, Doyle and O'Brien. Need a striker I would say as well

I don't think Neal Ardley will be in a rush to secure further signings just yet, I might be wrong, but I could see the loan system being looked into at some point.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Choosing from the 3 options, striker, winger or centre midfielder I would rather see a winger who can play as a secondary striker come in.

Archived