PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,352
  • Days Won:  81

Game 18 - Daggers (H)

Team: Dagenham & Redbridge

Date: 27/11/2021

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Ian Burchnall opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,368
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

A strong home performance is needed here, I don't think Dagenham & Redbridge are anything special, and I think if approached well - we'd have little issues. Obviously, it depends on how Notts performs.

I would be disappointed not to make the most of this tie though.

Our midfield should easily find more time to influence the game, we just need to be wary of their set pieces and, pace.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Dagenham have lost their last 2 games. They lost to Yeovil and Eastleigh and didn't score a goal in either game. They lost both 1-0. They would have expected to win both of those games. A trip to Meadow Lane isn't exactly the game you'd want after losing your last 2. Nott's home form is quite good. 17 points from 24 so far. Dagenham have picked up 12 from 24 on their travels. It will be a tough game for Notts but I think we will win this one. We are a different team at ML and will be fully tuned in as Dagenham are a side not to be underestimated. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

I hope all this transfer speculation doesn't bother the performances of those attracting interest, its difficult enough at this level not to allow potential moves to turn heads.

Dagenham & Redbridge have been consistently poor when I have seen them play, nothing special at all. If we fail to get a good result then I would be disappointed. Starting a winning streak and building momentum could make the Christmas period much easier on us. The players have to work on this, but I think Notts should win.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

I am hoping for a win, but currently I do not expect them.

Whoever works the hardest will take the points, possibly a draw with both teams being tied.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

i feel confident notts will win but i dont think it will be easy by any means, notts will probably play well but struggle to score at first.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,114
  • Days Won:  54

We're pretty good at ML at the moment, but I agree Dagenham aren't a team to be underestimated. They seem to go through spells of being either really poor or really good. They started the season really well, then really struggled. However they are capable of smashing a few goals in. Just got to hope the memories and dread from the 3-1 loss here last season is still lingering for them!

In terms of us, we've settled back on the 3-5-2 and the team kind of picks itself at the moment. I don't think J'OB will come straight back into first 11 and I can't see Mitchell displacing either Ruben or Wootton. Hopefully we're not becoming too predictable to play at the moment, I'd like to see us get back to creating a bit more (and scoring more!)

I've suddenly become a bit superstitious about predicting the score, haven't done it since the three straight losses! 

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,368
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Those in attendance, please make sure you wrap up warm. You know the drill with games like this.

For anyone at home watching BT Sports or, listening to Radio Nottingham please do keep the match discussion up-to-date with your thoughts. I am hoping it's going to be a lively game from the Notts perspective. COYP!

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

I have a good feeling about the game, I think the attendance will be hit with many die hard fans opting to stay at home and watch the game on BT Sports. Nothing wrong with that at all, but if you do stay home please don't use it as an excuse if the club plays poorly/loses/draws.

I can't be the only fan who is hoping for a repeat in hammering them?

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  8

Good result, I would prefer to be a bit less nervous towards the end of games, a couple of extra goals in front with 5 minutes to go would be good, players please take note...thanks

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,114
  • Days Won:  54

Pleased, but I think I’d describe that performance as a bit messy and disjointed.

J’OB kind of changed the game for us. Even though it wasn’t exactly great from us. Too many times we passed the ball and got no-where or tried to play a perfect 60-yard ball. We didn’t play through the lines or move the ball quickly enough in the transitions. The first half was a bit of mirror football, very similar not much in it at all. Then second half Dagenham came out tried for 10 minutes and then where like, “nah we’ll just stick with the 1-1 thanks”. The game was there for us to win it and we did, eventually!

I’m still not sold on Cal in CM, when he was up the pitch on the right-hand side you saw what he’s about, two brilliant balls one for the goal the other a should be goal for Ruben. I want to see Cal back in that RW position...

• Like 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Notts got the job done. That's 20 points from 27 at home. That's pretty impressive. Slocombe could be faulted for their goal but more than made up for it with a few vital saves. Onwards and upwards!

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I want to credit Dagenham for making a game of it because early on, Notts looked a step above them and that made them play a lot more carefully. Before we scored, they had a few good chances to take the lead themselves.

It made the game very open and added to the excitement.

Notts needed to up their game at times, as weak passes, poor decision making meant that a lot of build up play was wasted. Good goals, but once we retook the lead I feared they would pull level and they did threaten.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

@menzinho o brien tends to be a game changer for us, he always comes on fired up and gets the players passing the ball around in different ways. i think he makes more of an impact coming on from off the bench. he played very well against dagenham!

i thought we could have had several goals, joel taylor missed plating up kyle wootton.

terrible decision to go it alone but it did not matter really, but the win did gives us something once again to build on. defensively, i was not impressed with the opposition and i wished we caused them a bit more trouble.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  507
  • Days Won:  1

Considering the coldness and television presence, both teams made it a good game.

Dagenham caused a lot of issues early on, but defensively they did not cope as much with Notts. I think we lead the game quite luckily, as we did not seem clinical enough on goal. Their equaliser, I feel was well deserved and it was superbly taken.

In the second half, Notts upped the ante and got their rewards when the winner went in.