Finances

gtownjohnno

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  368
  • Days Won:  1

Does anyone know what finances Notts will get after our return to the EFL..??.... I think we get monies from the PL and TV but does anyone know what will those amount too???? 

• Like 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Off the top of my head, the club will get 590,000 pounds per season from the TV deal (the BT Sport deal is a fraction of that) and there's also EFL funding for the youth system, something like 250,000 pounds. And maybe some extra money from an actual cup run as well?

The owners have already been putting a lot of money into the club to fill the gaps, so it won't necessarily go into the playing budget. But I think we're very competitive there anyway. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

It's great to see Notts County back in the football league where they belong. The added financial stability that comes with being back at this level is crucial for the club's future success. Hopefully, the club can use this additional resource to sign a few crucial players who can help bring the team to new heights. Exciting times ahead for the Magpies!

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Isn't it true that football league games are only on Sky Sports? I thought that was part of their deal. It's quite interesting to hear about the money shared down to League Two. With Notts being in the National League for 4 years, they'd only get the parachute payment for 2 years after relegation. Does anyone know the value of that payment?

• Like 4

"If you're relegated you get parachute payments for two seasons from the EFL but immediately you lose all of what's referred to as solidarity payments from the Premier League and they're worth around about £700,000 a year," he explained.

"Parachute payments you get £400,000 a year in League Two from EFL deals so I think that gets halved, so you go from about £1.1million to £200,000, and the National League is a really tough league.

Cheers, @Piethagoram! That £200,000 for Oldham is absolutely brilliant news, and it's very much appreciated. It'll likely help us all out a fair bit. Thanks for sharing the relevant link. 👍🏻

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

@AmericanPie im hoping we can use some of the promotion money to buy in a few key players, whilst offering those out of contract better deals. if we can keep the gates high, that will bring in some much needed money.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The Reedtz plan to allocate a significant portion of their budget towards acquiring new players for their team. I have had a quick look at the free agent list. There are some decent players, which I think will be picked up by League One or Championship teams. Young players from Premier League teams whose deals aren't being renewed.

It's good to know what finances the club gets in League Two.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

The primary aspect of participating in the football league is that it marginally decreases the expenses that our owners need to invest. Despite the fact there is no profit to be made in football, there is no question that the Reedtz utilise the resources available to us judiciously.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  881

Does anyone know what kind of fees the club is paying agents? I suppose when the Trews thought it meant savings, you still have to pay a good player and their agent. However, I am interested in what sort of fees we are paying them.

• Like 3

On 27/05/2023 at 21:37, liampie said:

@AmericanPie im hoping we can use some of the promotion money to buy in a few key players, whilst offering those out of contract better deals. if we can keep the gates high, that will bring in some much needed money.

I share your confidence in the club's ability to make the most of the funds available to them. It's always exciting to see the team make additions to their squad, and I believe that we could benefit from another solid centre back. However, as you mentioned, it's important to be patient and see what the future holds regarding renewals before making any rash decisions. It's crucial that the club considers all factors when it comes to signing new players and ensuring the team is capable of performing at their best. Most importantly, the club should always prioritise making strategic decisions to ensure future success, and I believe that with careful planning and execution, they can continue to excel both on and off the field. I look forward to seeing what's in store for the upcoming season, and I'm hopeful that the team can secure the right players to deliver an outstanding performance.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

On 28/05/2023 at 21:31, thommo said:

Does anyone know what kind of fees the club is paying agents? I suppose when the Trews thought it meant savings, you still have to pay a good player and their agent. However, I am interested in what sort of fees we are paying them.

The official figures are on the first PDF attached to this link: https://www.thefa.com/news/2023/mar/31/publication-of-payments-and-transactions-310323

We spent 68,000 on fees over the year, which was slightly less than Oldham and Chesterfield and less than half as much as Wrexham (163,000), but more than all other NL clubs. Eight League Two clubs spent more than us, most of them only slightly more. Stockport were waaay in front (236,000) and were the only L2 team to outspend Wrexham.

I'm not sure how this compares to the Trew era, but I remember us spending heavily on agents back them. We've also developed a habit of signing players from NL and NLN clubs, so you'd expect lower fees.

I'm expecting the squad to be strengthened, but not a wild spending spree. You can only spend something like 65% of your turnover on wages in L2, so I doubt there'll be a huge increase. But if the agent fees are any guide, we're probably already operating on a very competitive budget for L2, and the EFL money coming in won't harm things at all. 

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  5

It’s intriguing to observe the finances and the amount of money Notts receives for television appearances and from the Football League. The club will benefit from the funds received from promotion and our final National League standings when allocating resources.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

For once, our finances seem to be in a strong position. Hopefully, the Reedtz will continue to provide the appropriate level of investment, leading to success on the pitch.

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

I don’t mean to suggest that the owners must spend money, but I do want to emphasise that this season is a crucial time when such an investment could make the difference between achieving promotion or remaining in the playoffs/mid-table.

• Like 1

It’s interesting to see where Notts’ income comes from. Does anyone know if Notts might receive money from Sky for their TV coverage or are we just a BT Sports team now?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
18 hours ago, thommo said:

or are we just a BT Sports team now?

We won’t be on BT Sports this season as they televise the National league and a few Premiership games.

BT Sports does show some League Two games, but they’re mostly the less glamorous fixtures.