Carlisle Utd v Stockport County EFL 2 play off final

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,790
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Perhaps wishing Stockport to be promoted, just to prove promotion from the NL to EFL 1 can be done quickly.

• Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,096
  • Days Won:  2

I don't fancy Stockport getting promoted; I'd rather we face them and outplay them. However, the top team will triumph at the end of the day. Best of luck to both sides.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Kristian Dennis vs. Kyle Wootton!

I love Carlisle I have found memories of trips up there, so I am slightly hoping we get to play them. I really want to win against Stockport on their own turf, especially because their fans were very annoying about their promotion to the Football League.

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
3 hours ago, Chris said:

Kristian Dennis vs. Kyle Wootton!

Wooton is injured and not in the squad and Dennis on the bench 20 mins left Stockport winning 1-0.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Carlisle go through on penalties.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,790
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I was sorry when Dennis left us, think Ardley didn't play him enough. I was really annoyed when Dennis was subbed at half time in the play off final v Harrogate

Maybe Carlisle would have been my preferred opponents next season, Stockport will no doubt strengthen again

• Like 6

Supporter+

I liked Dennis the menace, he lived up to his name in the penalty area, I was sad to see him go.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  881
  • Days Won:  1

It's great to see Kristian Dennis doing well and I am pleased for Carlisle. However, I must say that I have my doubts about whether the Stockport will maintain a playoff spot next season. The competition in the league is fierce, and teams are always looking to improve and take advantage of any weaknesses in their rivals. With Kyle Wootton being such a talented player, there is a risk that other teams will start scouting his performances and taking note of him as a target for their own squad - no matter what resources his new club has at their disposal.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

I dont fear or worry about stockport, but i am more pleased by carlisle advancing. yes we would probably do well against them but i would rather notts play challenging teams that push us to be better. well done carlisle!

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  531
  • Days Won:  1

Congratulations to Carlisle United on their promotion. Hard luck to Stockport County.

• Like 5

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,300
  • Days Won:  69

Well done Carlisle, look forward to playing them again next season. I hope for less of a first half and more of a second half than a certain game in the sixties that sticks in my memory.

• Like 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,466
  • Days Won:  5

Well done to Carlisle. I thought Stockport would win, but that wasn’t the case. I hope Carlisle manages to stay up in League One.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Stockport are ambitious, will strengthen further and will be among the favourites for automatic promotion. So if we're going for two in a row, this might not be the greatest result for us. I bet the away travellers are relieved there's no to trip to Cumberland though! 

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  5

Carlisle in League One will make a nice change; I too hope they manage to stay up. Stockport is getting credit for very little; yes, they did great to get out of the National League and finish in the playoffs of League Two, but will they go much further? I know people say their owner is loaded, but that doesn’t translate to protecting them from losing players or sealing guaranteed promotions. I hope we take 4 or 6 points off them in the coming season.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Their hard work and determination throughout the season have paid off, and it is always exciting to see a team move up to a higher league. We wish Sheffield Wednesday, Derby County, and Carlisle all the best in their future endeavors, and we look forward to seeing their success in the upcoming seasons. Lastly, we would also like to commend all the teams that participated in the previous season for their dedication and commitment to their sport, even in challenging times.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Carlisle United did well to achieve promotion. They’ve had seasons where they deserved to reach League One but didn’t quite make it. I’m happy for them.

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

Congratulations to Carlisle on their success. I feel sorry for Stockport County, who must have been dreaming of back-to-back promotions. However, credit must go to Carlisle, who have returned to playing good attacking football.