Pre season friendly v F*rest

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Nottingham F*rest will return to Meadow Lane this summer as part of our 2023-24 pre-season schedule.

The R*ds will be joining Stoke City in visiting us as we prepare for life in League Two.

Two away friendlies have also been confirmed, with other opponents and ticket details for all pre-season fixtures to be announced in due course.

2023-24 pre-season schedule

Sat 8 July (3pm): Stoke City (H)

Sat 15 July (1pm): Nottingham F*rest (H)

Tue 18 July (7.30pm): AFC Telford (A)

Sat 22 July (3pm): Boston United (A)

Tue 25 July: TBC (A)

Sat 29 July: TBC (A)

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,790
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

as a complete guess, 25 July, maybe Solihull away, Solihull away

So preparations may be one EFL1 side and one NL side to play

• Like 9

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

it will be for the derek pavis trophy but renamed in honour of jason turner. i dont mind playing them every other season but again so soon? really? oh well.

• Like 9

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I missed the one last season, so I'm looking forward to it. I'm not generally bothered about friendlies, but a bit of sporting rivalry and a bumper attendance wouldn't be bad. Hey, maybe we can go one better over Forest this time.

• Like 10

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

Should be a good game, will get our players running for the next season, and maybe we will even win.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  5

I don’t mind us playing Nottingham Forest, but if we do next season, I won’t be going. Friendlies are a nice chance to see a different team and I have no interest in seeing Forest at Meadow Lane this often in a non-competitive way.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I couldn't agree more with the sentiment that a high attendance and top-quality football go hand in hand. There's a unique energy that comes with having a large crowd in attendance at a match that can drive the team to perform at their best. And when the football is of a high standard, it can elevate the entire experience and make it a real spectacle. Nothing beats the thrill of watching a close game play out in front of a passionate crowd, with both teams playing their hearts out. Whether you're watching from the stands or at home, it makes for a truly exciting viewing experience. So I wholeheartedly support efforts to attract more fans and improve the quality of football on display, as I believe it will benefit everyone involved.

• Like 10

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I’m pleased that Forest has agreed to play Notts again. I think it’s good for Nottingham and both clubs. I wonder if we might consider taking some of their players on loan? If we can acquire a couple of quality players, I don’t see any harm in working with them.

• Like 9

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  561
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Playing Nottingham Forest at Meadow Lane in a pre-season friendly is a fantastic opportunity for Notts County. Firstly, it provides an opportunity for the team to test themselves against a higher-level opponent, which is always beneficial in terms of player development and preparation for the upcoming season. Friendly matches like this can provide crucial insights into areas where the team needs to improve, allowing the coaching staff to make necessary adjustments before the season starts. Secondly, having a local derby like this can increase fan engagement and excitement, which can only be good for the club. It's an opportunity for Notts County to show their fans what they're capable of against one of the most well-known and respected teams in the area. From a marketing perspective, this type of match can also generate buzz and interest in the club, potentially attracting new supporters and driving ticket sales. Finally, there's the added benefit of morale-boosting. Winning a game against Nottingham Forest, even in a friendly, can provide the team with a much-needed confidence boost and a sense of momentum going into the new season. Overall, playing Nottingham Forest at Meadow Lane is an excellent opportunity for Notts County to showcase themselves against quality opposition while generating excitement and improving team development ahead of the upcoming season.

• Like 7

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

I am eagerly anticipating witnessing the lads triumph over Forest in this encounter, as they possess several high-quality players, which would pose an excellent challenge for our team. It would only be fair, though, if Forest commit to fielding a majority of their first-team players for the match.

• Like 6

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,466
  • Days Won:  5

Nottingham Forest provides a strong pre-season game. It’s also beneficial to have a large number of fans coming through the gates, as this will generate revenue that can be used to improve areas of the team down the line.

• Like 5

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

There are several reasons why fans should be excited about the pre-season friendly against Nottingham Forest. For starters, it’s a great opportunity to see how the team is shaping up ahead of the new season. Plus, if we manage to win, it gives us some bragging rights over our local rivals. And even if we lose, it’s only a pre-season friendly and we’re currently playing in the fourth tier of English football.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  419

I take pleasure in seeing us compete against Forest. The friendly rivalry between our teams always leads to some great banter and gives us the opportunity to boast about our success. Nevertheless, I recognise that both clubs can coexist without any significant issue. Moving forward, if Notts County are to progress, we must endeavour to establish our team as a top-tier organisation. This is the only way for us to move forward and achieve what we're capable of.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Notts vs Forest is a decent pre-season game, but I would prefer it to be at Meadow Lane. I just hope they do not cause damage to the Jimmy Sirrel stand like they did in the past, as this is simply wrong.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  881

In anticipation of the forthcoming Forest match, it appears likely that it will be played in honour of the esteemed Jason Turner. However, one does hope that the Trophy for Derek Pavis is not utilised on this occasion. The encounter will certainly serve as a commendable showcase of Nottingham's footballing prowess, and it would be rather astonishing if a robust starting line-up were not fielded. Nevertheless, while a fair number of experienced players will undoubtedly feature in the squad, one can expect a significant proportion of fresh, youthful talent to be on display as well.

• Like 1