Dele Alli Exclusive

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

I encourage people to watch this. It's a real eye opener and shows a different perspective to what has been mentioned in the past. 

Now that everything's out in the open and Dele's getting himself back on track, I hope that this is his rise back into being the player he had the ability to become. He's still got some years in him. 

It's also great to see him being so open with Neville and sharing some very personal issues he's had to deal with from a young age that many people might not be aware of and how he dealt with them which hopefully encourages more people to talk, get help and be able to open up more about things rather than dealing with issues the wrong way. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

It is a very good interview; it shows a lot. Everyone knows that the UK tabloids are scumbags. It was quite clear that there was something going on with Dele Ali when he was still at Spurs. I thought it was a bad drinking habit, but we know differently now. It’s good that Ali has good friends and family. Everton supporting him is another good thing.

• Like 10

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think it's very obvious when mental health is the issue, even if people are trying to keep it inside.

More support needs to be given to all that suffer.

Not all situations can be treated the same way, as some people criticise those who suffer while others seek attention. The issue is, genuine cases tend to have depression don't magically see it disappear when people do rally around them. It can help, but there are obvious signs. Unfortunately, it depends on how people see you or, think of you, whether you are believed or not. Regarding Dele Alli, I must say that I foresaw it when discussing with my brother at the time when his performance was declining and people were doubting why he was still being picked for the England team. It's so easy for people to throb things off as they are just being 's**t' or 'no longer good enough'.

Ali's decline in his performance was very quickly, and he only started to seem better once he had joined Everton.

I hope fans of football support him and leave his suffering alone, people can be cruel when it seems like a bit of fun but mental health isn't a game.

• Like 14

@KingWilliams 100% the UK tabloids are scumbags. Take Gazza for example they exploited him multiple times and it's all highlighted in his documentary. They do anything to get a story and the way they go about doing so it's utterly wrong, they don't seem to have a care in the world about how it effects the person mentally or how much it damages their reputation they just care about getting a story. 

@Chris mental health is a major thing and people can hide it but when you know a person, you can tell when somethings up. Even, as you said, people like Dele you could see it was more than ability or what was happening on the pitch. The unfortunate thing is that he didn't allow people in despite efforts to help him but he now realises that it's needed.

I too hope football fans can get off his back and let him get back to playing football and let him regain himself as a player we know he's capable of being. Dyche has already shown he's willing to put an arm around his shoulder and be there for him so that could be massive in helping him. 

Unfortunately, to reiterate @KingWilliams point about tabloids I don't think they're going to lay off. I hope I'm wrong though but can't see it.

As I said, I hope this interview opens the door to more people talking about their own issues. Lee Dixon mentioned on a podcast about Tony Adams back in the day trying to open up but unfortunately he was in a time where it wasn't a thing men did back then but in todays day and age it's more open to discussion. 

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

The way Dele Alli was treated by Spurs was quite disrespectful. However, many players experience similar things. It’s just harder with him dealing with depression. To be honest, I thought he was going to say the reason was something else that spiralled him into depression.

• Like 8

@JackMagpie95 I felt it quite disrespectful too didn't really know the full extent before hearing this interview. But you're right, it effected him more than it could have others as he was dealing with his own struggles which obviously made it worse. 

I wasn't sure what I was expecting if I'm honest but it wasn't anything like what I seen or heard that's for sure. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Football has lagged behind in addressing mental health issues, despite their prevalence among players, often forcing them to retire early. I wish Dele Alli all the best. Some may dismiss this as an excuse, but such attitudes perpetuate the stigma and discourage players from seeking help.

• Like 9

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,896
  • Days Won:  5

It’s bad for football that players can’t take the time to look after their squad. I remember Notts fans complaining to Notts over allowing Matt Tootle time away from the club. Yet I praised Notts for that decision because you have to put the human side of things first and above everything else. Football is just a game; yes, we are loyal fans who obsess over victory, but not at the cost of someone’s health. I wish Dele Ali all the success that he can gain from getting his career back on track; hopefully, he repays Everton’s loyalty and support too.

• Like 9

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i feel sorry for dele ali because i think had he got the help sooner his career would not have been as impacted, but now i dont see him making a return to his very best. as sad as it sounds, i would be surprised if he makes it back into the england squad. its really harsh for him, but i think he decided well when he went to everton. i just feel the national team has moved on and with his current club, i cant see the ali we all felt impressed seeing will return.

hes still a very good player and i hope i am wrong, i just think it wont peak again. :( 

• Like 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  230
  • Days Won:  1

I hope Ali has everything in place to move forward. Admitting is the first step, seeking help is the second, but to truly heal, you need to consistently care about yourself over everything else. His time at Spurs originally was amazing to see, from MK Dons to a top-five club and England. That pressure could be a large factor in it.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  0

I hope Dele Alli has a support network in place so that he can fully move forward. If you think this is bad, look up the drinking culture at Arsenal in the 90s with Tony Adams, Paul Merson, etc.

Gambling, drinking… yet they somehow managed to retain things.

Hopefully, Alli gets what he needs and can make a comeback from here. It sounds like Everton is looking after him.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It is sad to hear about his situation. I cannot imagine what depression is like, but the fact that Spurs did not look after him and made it worse is disheartening. It is difficult to understand how anyone could behave in such a way. Footballers are often seen as commodities, and unless you are a very big name, you are unlikely to be the exception. I think less of Tottenham for their actions, but it is heartening to see that Harry Kane and Eric Dier stood behind him.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

It’s positive that Dele Alli knows he has an issue and sought help himself. That is a sign of wanting to break the cycle he falls into. It’s also good to know he had the support of friends and family, along with Everton looking out for him. I hope he can start putting in the performances that first got him noticed. If I were him, I would forget about the negatives at Spurs and just try to capture a new positive start. It’s a brand new chapter in his career, and focusing solely on what makes him happy should have a knock-on effect on his football itself.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

I’ve seen the interview and read a bit about it. I am hoping Dele Alli can move beyond his struggles and make a comeback. Clubs don’t always know what’s going on, and sometimes people just don’t know how to help. I’m not justifying Spurs.

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

I haven’t seen the full interview, but I don’t really need to watch it to understand that he has had difficulties. Spurs might not have known completely what Dele Alli was experiencing. It’s normal for people suffering from depression to put on a brave face and the communication between them most likely wasn’t the best. I do feel that more support should have been given, but at least he found that at Everton. I think once he realises his demons don’t control him, his football should return to the standard it was before and hopefully, the experience makes him stronger. Not that I believe depression has made him weak; it does give someone a lot to learn from though.

• Like 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,516
  • Days Won:  9

It’s a good interview, and I am pleased to see Dele Alli feeling comfortable enough to sit on camera and discuss his troubles, as it can bring things flooding back. I wish him well in his career and time with Everton, and hopefully both he and the club can push on.

• Like 1