Notts online shop deliveries

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I ordered two shirts for my grandsons last Thursday it said they’d be despatched the next day first class post but I’ve not received anything, I’m assuming they are busy with the shirts being just released. Do they send a message when they’ve dispatched them or is it just a case of waiting to see if they turn up does anyone know?

• Like 2
  • Surprised 4

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

@Fan of Big Tone i have usually got my orders within 2-4 days, it might be worth calling them because if you paid for first class delivery. you should get your order posted the following day [or the nearest working day].

• Like 6

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

You want to make sure they posted them to the right person. Nothing would surprise me with some of the staff at Notts. If you ordered them on Thursday and the shirts don’t arrive by tomorrow, I would call them myself. Being busy isn’t an excuse for poor customer service, but it might be an issue with the delivery company.

• Like 5

i tend to order a lot online as i dont like how busy the club shop can be and i have had no issues placing orders.

something seems to be delaying the delivery, its probably the currier.

• Like 4

Supporter+

@liampie can you remember if they notified you when it was despatched because we want to be in if possible so they don’t leave it on the doorstep.

• Like 3

sorry, i only received that the order had been confirmed and paid. i had no email after that, not even to say the delivery had arrived. 

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I do think you want to confirm that the items have actually been dispatched, otherwise you could end up waiting longer and not even receive the shirts due to an error along the way. I hope they arrive safely tomorrow.

• Like 4

Supporter+

Thanks folks, I think I’ll try and ring tomorrow, I was hoping they’d come before Friday as the boys are going to Croatia, it’d be nice for them to where their shirts on holiday.

• Like 3

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

Spelling ,Timothy(That'll have some members foxed) Stand in the corner for 10 minutes @Fan of Big Tone:rollonfloorlaughing:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

As for the sale mail, it’s hardly first class. I would recommend chasing it up. I hope you receive them soon though.

• Like 4

Supporter+
7 minutes ago, super_ram said:

Spelling ,Timothy(That'll have some members foxed) Stand in the corner for 10 minutes @Fan of Big Tone:rollonfloorlaughing:

Oh goodness as an ex printing compositor that is an awful mistake to make. :doh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@super_ram It's due to the name being "Fan of Big Tone" and not our mystery person's real first name.

I hope @Fan of Big Tone didn't put the post address "In my armchair, NG...... ;) 

• Haha 4

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

7 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Oh goodness as an ex printing compositor that is an awful mistake to make. :doh:

Sorry  @Fan of Big Tone.I just couldn't resist.I'll have to quadruple check my own posts now.An easy error.and it happens regularly in Derbyshire Live .

• Like 4

Supporter+

So I spent most of the day trying to get through to the shop, mostly the line was dead, once I was in a queue of 1 then got cut off, finally I got through to someone who checked and he said they had literally thousands of shirts to deal with and there are only two of them working there, normally they would post stuff the same day but with the number they couldn’t. Anyway he asked if ours wanted printing (which they didn’t) then he said they’d posted all the unprinted shirts out, the last lot were today so I should get them tomorrow or the next day.🤞

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

It’s definitely a big task to dispatch all of the shirts efficiently, but you would hope that the club would pull together and get help from other departments to ensure that everything runs smoothly. It’s concerning that people are ordering shirts and they’re not being sent out quickly enough. The club needs to plan things better and perhaps invest in more stock without waiting until Christmas.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3,392

It's understandable that handling over 1,000 shirt orders with just two people can be challenging. However, prioritising deliveries and ensuring enough staff are on hand could help prevent delays for paying supporters. Alternatively, they could have kept fans informed about the status of their orders through the website. Waiting might not be an issue for most fans, but the lack of communication and service is not an acceptable excuse.

Did they arrive @Fan of Big Tone?

• Like 2

Supporter+
11 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

Did they arrive @Fan of Big Tone?

Nope. :censored:

• Surprised 1
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

We tend to put orders in and collect it because then its there when we go to a match or some of us do, least the order should be anyway.

• Like 1

Supporter+
7 hours ago, cheeky~k8 said:

We tend to put orders in and collect it because then its there when we go to a match or some of us do, least the order should be anyway.

I wish I’d done that @cheeky~k8 but I wanted the shirts before our grandchildren went on holiday and as there were no matches I paid for postage as I didn’t want an 12 mile drive to the ground.

I’m getting really annoyed now they still haven’t come, I’m being fobbed off when I can actually get to speak to someone on the phone. I was told last Wednesday that they’d all been despatched then yesterday a young sounding girl on her own in the shop said she was despatching the last ones then. She couldn’t access the computer to see if my order had even been completed, it’s a complete shambles. They’ve taken £90 of my money and I’ve got nothing, the grandchildren were disappointed to say the least because I’d promised them theyd have the shirts before they went.

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I wish I’d done that @cheeky~k8 but I wanted the shirts before our grandchildren went on holiday and as there were no matches I paid for postage as I didn’t want an 12 mile drive to the ground.

I’m getting really annoyed now they still haven’t come, I’m being fobbed off when I can actually get to speak to someone on the phone. I was told last Wednesday that they’d all been despatched then yesterday a young sounding girl on her own in the shop said she was despatching the last ones then. She couldn’t access the computer to see if my order had even been completed, it’s a complete shambles. They’ve taken £90 of my money and I’ve got nothing, the grandchildren were disappointed to say the least because I’d promised them theyd have the shirts before they went.

We've had that before with tickets that never arrived by post and shirts during lockdown that took ages to arrive, hense why we now collect everything. We collected the season tickets yesterday as we were out anyway because otherwise alot of bus fare to just collect tickets or an order.

I do hope you get your order soon as its been awhile and clearly very delayed.

I know how hard it is to get through via the phone, they either don't answer or leave you on hold for hours and thats if you don't get an auto message saying "there is noone available at the moment, please call back later" after a long wait. I know the reason appears to be because theres generally only 1 or 2 people on the phone and sometimes they are also dealing with serving people in the shop or ticket office at the same time.

• Like 2

Supporter+

Well I went in the shop before the match to see what’s happened to my shirts, Lynn was a bit flustered and said she was trying to track them down and if I rang on Thursday she might have some news.

During the match she rang me and said if I came in the shop after the match she’d found two shirts.

The shirt for youngest grandson might be too big but @George L’s shirt should fit him he’s bigger than me now. 😂

All we’ll that ends well it’s the last time I’ll order any thing online from them though I’ll go to the shop in future.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 08/08/2023 at 22:57, Fan of Big Tone said:

Well I went in the shop before the match to see what’s happened to my shirts, Lynn was a bit flustered and said she was trying to track them down and if I rang on Thursday she might have some news.

During the match she rang me and said if I came in the shop after the match she’d found two shirts.

The shirt for youngest grandson might be too big but @George L’s shirt should fit him he’s bigger than me now. 😂

All we’ll that ends well it’s the last time I’ll order any thing online from them though I’ll go to the shop in future.

Like i've said before, either go to the shop or order online for collection instead. I know its a car trip you were trying to avoid but sometimes its the only option for it to be work.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3,392

@Fan of Big Tone I trust you received some form of compensation or discount due to the problems that caused inconvenience. Although I've never encountered any issues while ordering items to the United States, I did have an experience at Meadow Lane a few years ago before the onset of COVID. During my visit, I found the shop to be poorly managed, and a few of the staff members came across as impolite. They engaged in conversations with other customers while ignoring me, and some even served me while engaged in discussions with fellow fans. While I understand the emphasis on being a family-oriented club, discourteous behavior and subpar service are not what one would expect from a professional organisation.

• Like 1

Supporter+
4 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

I trust you received some form of compensation or discount due to the problems that caused inconvenience. 

No I didn’t @AmericanPie in fact I ended up paying £5 for delivery I didn’t get because I collected the shirts but no matter I will consider it a donation to the club, the main thing is I finally got the shirts.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Well said, @Fan of Big Tone. I appreciate your perspective in overlooking this matter. Personally, I would definitely inform Lynn about it and seek an apology. Instances like these should not occur, and fans should not be expected to simply remain silent. There are certain staff members at Notts who seem too complacent in their positions, mistakenly thinking that they are exempt from providing a high standard of fan care.

• Like 1