Attendances and that "feel good" factor

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,985
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

3 EFL "League" games in, an average 10,990

Where I sit in the Pavis, there used to be plenty of free seats ...now it's packed...but what is more encouraging, is the numbers of younger supporters coming through

Long may it continue

• Like 12
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Indeed it is very encouraging but at the same time I miss not having lots of space round me, yesterday the seat I had chose was between two rather large gentlemen in fact when I got there I wasn’t sure there was a seat because I couldn’t see it. I spent the whole match squashed in like a sardine, not a particularly pleasant experience. 

The week before that someone very close (I couldn’t work out who) had very bad body odour which was almost overpowering at one point. 

I guess I’ll have to put up with these things, that’s the price of success. The days are gone when you had to shout to the bloke next to you because he was 12 seats away. :joker:

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 8

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

It's outstanding. It shows that people are feeling entertained enough to come back, and there's also real belief that we can build on last season. The place will feel very different the next time I'm over!

To put it into context, we haven't averaged five figures over a season since we were in the top flight.

• Like 10

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,488
  • Days Won:  5

The attendances do make a difference; it’s good money for the club, and very few yesterday were from Accrington itself. Very poor support if I am honest; they could have at least brought a few more hundred. Our drummer also now adds a good beat to the game, whereas the only noise I heard from Accrington’s fans was an odd drum noise every so often and not for long at all. Our supporters need to avoid being like that; I think Doncaster would have made more noise at Meadow Lane.

• Like 10

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

notts are far more appealing to fans of all ages now, i just hope we can maintain them when we are not doing as well. there will be a time when notts are not chasing promotion or are struggling. these numbers makes a difference, yes they will drop because some will find their reasons for not staying when its harder. yet right now we are living the dream. i wished we could put the away fans in the family stand and fill the sirrell with our own.

if the club did this, i think we would see the kop less busy but still looking full. the players would come out to three side of our fans. something to consider for the future.

seeing this us beat 10k for every home game so far is great to see.

• Like 12

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  634
  • Days Won:  2

The attendances are very good right now, it’s a positive thing for a club like Notts. I can see the increasing gates being used to further the club in the long run. If we can hit 10k on a Tuesday night or against an average team, it will be even better.

• Like 10

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

I like seeing the ground busy; it’s nice to see the Pavis Stand full. I wish we could do it in the Family Stand. The club should look into former season ticket holders and see if there are any who simply can’t afford to attend, then offer them a selection of games to attend for free. The scheme where fans were helping others across the UK was a brilliant sight to see.

• Like 9

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I was told on Saturday that Notts are expecting the gates to be over 10k for the majority of home games. Whilst we are performing well and winning games, fans will come. It's a good thing as I feel it's helped with the atmosphere. Yes, there are some annoying individuals who show up and know absolutely nothing about the club. I am starting to learn to ignore them. This past Saturday was great though! Those near me were up for the game.

We should be having one of those games by the end of the month when the club promotes cheaper tickets, those I am dreading due to my anxiety.

The higher our gates are, the more money the club makes so it's win, win.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Our attendance has been very good; it does help that we experienced promotion last season and fans are optimistic. People are bringing more friends and family. I hope we can hit 10k for all Saturday games; I wouldn’t knock 7-8k for a Tuesday or midweek game. Those games are always hard for some fans to get to.

• Like 8

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

It’s good to see Meadow Lane so busy, with the stands being so full. I do think the club is missing a trick by not trying to pack the family stands with free or cheap tickets, to get more younger supporters watching this Notts squad play. They will soon become fans of the future. If we can keep getting 10k, not only will it be good for the budget, but it will also show that we are not a small club like some other fans think.

• Like 6

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  15

Yes, it’s good to see the attendances so far this season, and I would also echo that I hope it continues. It makes a difference on match days; it’s not too busy but about the right balance for our match days.

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Long may it continue, because Meadow Lane has been crying out for seasons like this for years. The stability and the way the club is moving forward would bring a smile to Jimmy Sirrel and Jack Wheeler.

Edited by Wilfordpie
  • Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  422
  • Days Won:  1

There's nothing quite like the sight of a bustling Meadow Lane stadium. It serves as a testament that dedicated efforts can attract loyal fans, while outsiders will also be drawn in by their own interests. This creates a win-win situation for the club, as it gains both local support and attention from a broader audience.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  8,985
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

What would be good ( apart from promotion), would be a FA Cup run to say 4th round, draw Man Utd away, win and pocket the gate money share too!!!!

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  0

I hope the good attendances at home continue, but I do hope the club implements ways for fans to navigate their way in and out of the stands. It gets far too packed with 10k when everyone walks out so slowly, it almost makes me miss the days when people fled at their quickest walking speed. Yet, I really do hope the 10k continues. It’s great for our old ground.

• Like 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  286
  • Days Won:  0

The attendances at Meadow Lane have been impressive. I like what the club does for match days. Everything seems much more packaged, and long gone are the days of fans complaining about half-time being boring. Good effort overall; it deserves to be rewarded with higher gates.

• Like 2

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

The attendance at both home and away matches has been commendable, and the support Meadow Lane receives should not be overlooked. It’s heartening to see Meadow Lane filling up, with over 10k spectators for our home games, which is financially beneficial for the club.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

• Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Football fans love to see open attacking football. They like to be entertained. 

And Notts are doing both of those things.

Long may it continue.