Luke Williams calls for more respect for Dan Crowley

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,959
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Why on Earth would anyone want to make unkind comments about Dan Crowley because of his religious beliefs, it beggars belief, he should be allowed to express his thanks to whoever he wants after scoring or having a great game. He could have dedicated the goal to his mum or his wife or whatever who cares it’s his choice, let the man believe what he wants.

• Like 7
  • Love 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

john bostock is very religious too, i think if its from within our own supporter base then bans need to be issued. its probably just some idiot who does not support the club but its easy these days to hide behind a keyboard or anonymous voice.

@Fan of Big Tone it shows the state of people today when people need to find something to pick out and be petty about.

• Like 11

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,786
  • Days Won:  27

Are we even certain that a Notts fan started this? I haven’t read the article, but I listened to the press conference and I’m somewhat puzzled as to why anyone would be so small-minded as to attack someone because of their beliefs.

• Like 9

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  15

There are always a couple of fools who are willing to speak out, whether they’re Notts fans or not. It’s not acceptable, and I hope the police are treating it as a hate crime.

• Like 8

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I completely agree with Luke Williams' call for more respect towards Dan Crowley and the team. It's so important for us as fans to remember that our club is made up of people, not just names on a sheet or faces on the pitch. Criticism can be helpful when it's constructive, but all too often it tips over into personal attacks and negativity.

Dan Crowley has done some amazing things for Notts County already, and he deserve our gratitude and respect.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  507
  • Days Won:  1

At first, I wasn’t sure if Luke Williams was talking about the players, but it soon became clear that it was an incident on Twitter. I don’t use the site, so I’m not sure, but I know what people can be like when there’s no moderation. Does anyone know exactly what happened or what was said? @Piethagoram

• Like 6

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,371
  • Days Won:  1

Why would the players’ religion matter at all? I can’t see why anyone would stir up trouble over it. It’s either fools or the BBC spinning it. I would be very disappointed if it’s a minor issue that’s been blown out of proportion. I would expect this from the Nottingham Post, but not the BBC.

• Like 6

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't know what to make of it, but my support is with Dan Crowley. It's hard to tell what's what when the questioning is vague, I get why but it doesn't provide those who don't know exactly. People need to be more kinder, there's enough hurt in the world as it is.

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I’m not sure, the article written by David Jackson doesn’t clarify anything and I don’t use Twitter enough to know what happened. I wonder if it was more innocent than abusive or rude, but has been taken out of context as many things can be when online. Either way, I will support Dan Crowley and his personal beliefs don’t change that.

• Like 2

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

Dan Crowley certainly deserves our backing, although I hope he learns from his decision to tussle with opposition players inside our penalty area. That’s a disaster waiting to happen and puts us on the defensive. Thankfully, he’s shown more class than anything else.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  570
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Dan Crowley has my full support. I don’t care about anything other than his contributions to Notts. Of course, health is important, but his religion doesn’t bother me in the slightest.