Stuart Maynard catch up

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

He's absolutely delighted with the signings Notts have made. He has certainly been part of the decision to sign them 

Now Stuart's work has to begin to get these players to gel with the others & turn the Notts team into a team that will challenge for promotion next season 

• Like 8

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  15

It’s heartening to see his smile return. A bit of confidence can make a big difference, and I believe he stands a good chance of kicking off this season on a high note. If he can utilise his managerial skills to bring out the best in the team, the disappointing results and poor form should be a thing of the past. The new signings are sure to be a big help.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  381
  • Days Won:  0

The interview was excellent and has sparked excitement for me. I believe all the decisions are sensible. The four signings so far are of high quality and quite impressive. Stuart Maynard addressing the change in captain and vice-captaincy is a positive move, as it allows him to have his own leaders on the pitch.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,291
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

His best interview since he joined Notts. He looks a lot more calmer and confident now he's settled and is starting to shape the squad in his own way. 

There is a good head coach/manager in there. He's shown at Wealdstone that he can develop players (e.g. George Wickens, Sam Howes, Jed Ward, Riley Harbottle, Miguel Freckleton, Jacob Mendy, Deji Elerewe, Rhys Browne, Josh Umerah). Also, to get a Wealdstone team playing better than most would think, would mean creating a strong togetherness within the squad, which I think he will create over time. Matty Saunders said in his interview with Tom Williams, that he would phone players personally to explain to them why they weren't in the matchday squad.  

People can have their doubts still about him, due to last season, which is fine. I had my doubts through the end of the last season too. However when people come out and talk rubbish for the sake of their agenda, that's when it's ridiculous. Like mentioning the fact he says "management team" a lot. There's no constructive analysis or criticism given for the positives or negatives.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

agreed @ARLukomski.

he looked extremely worried for a long spell last season, like he was under pressure and whilst some fans were trying their hardest to get him sacked. i think the club did well to give him the time to learn, i think we should see improvements. its easier to make the right decisions when you are calm, where as panicking gets you nowhere.

• Like 8

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,128
  • Days Won:  2

I may have prematurely bestowed upon him the title “KingMaynard”, but who wouldn’t want to see an underdog turn their career around? I long to see the boss grinning, as it signifies he isn’t fretting over matters beyond his control and his attention is entirely on coaching, preparation, and upcoming matches. It’s all too easy to lose one’s composure otherwise!

• Like 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

He had a challenging time for a bit last season, and I hope we can press on and begin strongly. If this occurs, then hopefully those who criticise him based on his past or his previous role will shut up. I want to see Notts continue to progress, not decline because it suits some narrow-minded fans’ opinion of a person who genuinely needs time.

We discussed how Ian Burchnall’s failure to end his season positively could be a learning experience. Stuart Maynard is doing just that, he won’t lead us to relegation. If the fans rally behind him, we might just achieve promotion again. The squad is much stronger, he’s had ample time to learn from last season, and I believe he will triumph.

• Like 5

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,501
  • Days Won:  9

The video was enjoyable to watch. Stuart Maynard may need to win some people over, but that should happen with time. He won’t be concerned about that. The squad should manage itself, but under his guidance, we should anticipate a promising season ahead.

• Like 4

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

There is a head coach in Stuart Maynard. My hope is that all the new players will adapt quickly and start off well. The coach’s interview was reassuring. It seemed like he shouldered the impact of Luke Williams leaving and the team’s recent struggles. The backing he’s received from the board, and the influx of new players, must surely be a source of encouragement for him.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  868
  • Days Won:  1

Top-notch interview with Stuart Maynard, it wasn’t a walk in the park stepping in after Luke Williams departed for Swansea. He had a raft of things to get acquainted with, but the remarks from the players and staff about his pleasant nature and what I’ve observed of his coaching have been encouraging. I always hoped he would reach this point and not end up being shown the door by those fans who voted with their feet and voices. Hopefully, he’ll be all smiles by the season’s end.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

You know, it's hard for me not to want to see Stuart Maynard succeed. He has that underdog status, plus from the training I have seen him do, you can tell he has ideas and that he's a very good coach. Becoming the Head Coach of a professional team, although he has similar ways to our previous head coach, Luke Williams. Williams had everything in place, and I'm not making excuses, but Ian Burchnall left the club and Williams came in.

He had a fantastic recruitment window, which along with his ability to get the best out of our players and influence them with his interesting approach to management. He had everything needed to succeed right at his fingertips, and in terms of what the squad accomplished that season, it is amazing.

But that transfer window, where we brought in the likes of Macaulay Langstaff, Cedwyn Scott, Aden Baldwin etc - it was just what we needed to go further.

The pressure that Maynard had when he arrived, in hindsight, wasn't the same or nearly as close to what previous head coaches had taken over from. We were in a league that is far more professional, and any team could win on the day. Whilst I thought the standard was much better than expected in the National League, we have to accept that many of the teams weren't even professional outfits.,

I don't know what some fans expected, as he could only make coaching improvements upon his arrival and Williams left us at a point where we were very low with morale. I see it as being a big blow now, as the squad will be wanting to maintain their league position and success, whilst trying to navigate the poor results, and then we lose such an important figure in Williams. It's quite a serious loss for us, one which we unfortunately didn't break very easily.

You could see the moment Maynard arrived that he was trying, the pressure in his face quickly grew and he always looked a trouble man.

What I think some supporters need to realise, when you step into an environment where everything is perfect - you don't need to get out a magic wand and perform any magical spells. Good managers, with experience, would most likely know what to do in this situation but to be fair, Maynard will be learning despite his Non-League background.

Personally, I think some dislike Maynard solely due to Williams moving on. It broke that bubble, and it makes him an easy target. In addition, those who hold against him his previous role as a BT Technician that is the easiest thing to criticise. Whilst, I think some of the negativity to Maynard is very unfair, I do understand why rational thinking fans would be concerned. Yet, to take up a crusade against him, at a point where we all needed to be on the same page - I don't think it helped the situation we were in last season.

Again, I understand why some fans would want him out but only after a certain amount of games and I never once entered the camp of wanting him out. Simply, because I felt he needed time.

We have seen Maynard go from almost tearful and stressed, to a much calmer person - who has a real joy on his face. I truly hope I am right about the recruitment that's been brought in and that it will make the world of a difference. Right now, he will know much more about our squad, the way the club operates, and the signings just go a long way to ease things ahead of a new campaign.

Get behind the club, and hopefully Stuart Maynard. What do we have to lose?

• Like 3
  • Love 14

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

well said chris, its easier to not get behind him than it is it seems. he will have my full support whilst he is at notts. nothing else.

• Like 5

Supporter+

We know, Stuart has had a big influence on the recruitment team & we have had six excellent signings with Stuart's influence.

No wonder he is pleased and I, for one, am going to get behind Stuart and HIS team and I want him to succeed, & I have great confidence that he will succeed this season.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1,086
  • Days Won:  2

This is the reason I enjoy engaging in discussions here. It’s nice when people contribute insightful comments without constantly expressing concern or demanding the manager’s dismissal.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

It was a pleasant catch-up, and it was nice to hear his opinions on the new arrivals. I would have preferred if this had been done after all the recruitment was completed, but there’s always the possibility that the club will conduct another. I’m curious to know Stuart Maynard’s views on all the new signings. I’m delighted to see him looking cheerful and better prepared!

• Like 4

• Content Count:  616
  • Days Won:  1

On 27/06/2024 at 14:23, Chris said:

Get behind the club, and hopefully Stuart Maynard. What do we have to lose?

I accept opinions, but I find it sad how some people are still criticising Stuart Maynard. Do these fans just want to be right for the sake of credibility? There's no need for negativity now.

• Love 1

Supporter+

Quite right @Blake Maynard had a lot to do with those six new signings too. And I'll tell you what, the ghost of Williams has departed, & this Notts team is now Maynard's team.