Transfer Deadline Day

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,742
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Firstly, it's important that we keep Crowley and Jones

I would say, another forward needed and a backup GK, if Stone were to leave. The Bart man would be a good choice for Notts

• Like 8

THE72.CO.UK

Norwich City attacker Ken Aboh is on the radar of MK Dons as well as Notts County, as per a report by the Pink Un.

• Like 1

FOOTBALLLEAGUEWORLD.CO.UK

Notts County are yet to replace Macaulay Langstaff, but Derby County's youngster could be their answer.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  367
  • Days Won:  0

I don't trust The72 and FLW too much. They often write clickbait articles. However, Ken Aboh and Dajaune Brown might be good players to consider. If we sign one of them, they shouldn't be guaranteed a starting spot. They need to work hard to earn their place on the team.

• Like 7

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I agree with others that we must keep Jodi & Dan. They are both an integral part of the team. Every player has his price, but I would be disappointed if either of them were sold.

Priority is to sign a striker, either by loan, free transfer, or transfer fee.

The situation regarding Stone is unclear. If Notts intend to offload him they will need goalkeeping cover.

In any case, three strikers & three goalkeepers in the squad is required.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i dont expect many signings, i think with the keeper department we have good enough cover. alex bass should be fine to play most of the games, so i dont worry about that. a striker would be nice.

@ARLukomski would you please consider adding transfers you think other clubs have done well to secure? i like your insights into this.

• Like 6

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  15

We can't afford to lose anyone, with Aidan Stone working hard in training and not seeming to be going anywhere. I think Notts will see him as the backup goalkeeper. I think realistically we might see another player come in on loan, ideally a striker. As for players leaving, we can't afford to lose anyone who isn't on the transfer list. Dan Crowley and Jodi Jones are match winners, we need their quality.

• Love 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  553
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

I hope we can keep the players that the club think are part of Notts' future. I'm not worried about losing any key players, but it's important that we make sure the squad has enough depth to handle the demands of the season. With plenty of games, players will get minutes, and maintaining good performance will lead to better form. I don't mind Notts using the loan system to improve the squad.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I keep trying to look out for news, between doing things. @super_pie has the habit of breaking transfers to me, which is super helpful. I can't see a lot of movement in or out, I also think from what I have seen of Aidan Stone training that the club is content with him as the backup, alongside Sam Slocombe. The amount of minutes they should get seems quite limited.

Of course, I would like to see a striker come in, but I hope it's someone more long term.

I am happy to see Jatta lead us, but I feel we do need someone with pace and offers a different approach to getting goals. I'm not against loans, I just think it's unlikely that we would see a youngster thrive in the role and that's what I sort of expect to happen. Naturally, I want all the players to do well, so we will see.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

❌ Ken Aboh has signed on loan for Stevenage
❌ Will Swan has moved permanently to Crawley
❓ Dajuane Brown is still at Derby

If we do sign someone it could well be someone we've not been linked with, Notts are pretty good at not letting anything out until the day of a transfer.

• Like 2

Supporter+

What never seems to get discussed nowadays is the fact that defenders can be turned into attackers and vice versa.

A strong tall, physical defender can fill in for a target man upfront if necessary.

Of course we'd prefer to have a quick mobile attacker, but if it's not possible, there are always other options.

Only hours to go before the window closes. Let's hope we see some movement in as far as Notts is concerned.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  616
  • Days Won:  1

I think we might not know if Notts has made any signings until tomorrow. I believe things will be sorted out today, but any announcements will likely be made tomorrow because of the game.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

🚨 There's a signing on the way, Notts social accounts have just posted to say "Incoming"!

• Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
57 minutes ago, menzinho said:

🚨 There's a signing on the way, Notts social accounts have just posted to say "Incoming"!

See this topic:

https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/community/topic/12822-welcome-to-notts-jevani-brown/

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

It has been a bit lacklustre from Notts' perspective, but I am happy overall. George Abbott sounds like a promising player, and if we can make that work, it will be exciting to see. I think it has been a fairly average transfer window in truth.

• Like 1

Supporter+

@Joshua

I think the deadline day incomings were slow, because I think it became apparent that clubs were trying to screw Notts with inflated transfer demands & Notts weren't playing.

I think overall it's been a successful summer signing period where 13 players have come in, being over half the squad.

Stuart and the board are delighted with what they have. Stuart needs to mould them into a promotion winning team if he can.