MK Dons boss targeted by Carlisle Utd

Piethagoram

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,477
  • Days Won:  165
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I think this must be a click and bait story. 

Why would he go to a smaller club which is 22nd in league 2?

I know MK Dons are struggling but there again, for a Manager to even consider jumping into the unknown would be bizarre.

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

MK Dons are unfortunately the bigger club, with much better prospects and a better squad. How bizarre would it be for Mike Williamson to remotely be interested?

I prefer Carlisle United, and I do dislike how plastic MK Dons are, but I am realistic at the same time.

• Love 2
  • Haha 10

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,730
  • Days Won:  27

It would be funny if MK Dons did end up losing their manager and the replacement didn’t know what to do with the squad, so they ended up struggling like they did at the beginning of the season. Franchise FC believe they are bigger than League Two.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Haha 7

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  1

Carlisle United are in no position to pull away a potential promotion-chasing team’s manager, not with the way they are currently run. It would be bizarre for it to happen.

• Like 11

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

As he managed Gateshead prior to MK for a number of seasons, I wonder if his family home is around there. That's surely the only reason that they'd be able to get him...

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  1

Yes, but it's a risk, and MK Dons is a better option. It would be strange, even if his family is based there. If he does well in his current role, he might move closer. Moving from a good opportunity to Carlisle doesn’t seem to make much sense.

• Like 10

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

He’s not had the best start managing MK Dons, but they do have a much better squad. I could see them bringing in someone with more experience if he wanted to leave. Carlisle are very limited. I don’t see the attraction either, even though he might be northern based. You can wait years before being appointed to take charge of an ambitious squad. It wouldn’t look good on his CV to leave.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

I think he’s being linked solely because of what @menzinho mentioned, but I wouldn’t think he would leave a job he hasn’t been involved in for long. Then again, he might see it as safer with MK Dons being tipped to win the league before the season started. Maybe he would do better in charge of a team like Carlisle? I don’t know. I don’t think we will know if it’s true until something happens.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

• Content Count:  144
  • Days Won:  0

If he were to go, it would make you wonder what Carlisle fans would think about appointing a manager who didn’t exactly allow MK Dons to reach their potential. Whereas, MK Dons fans might just be happy with him being appointed by Carlisle. I don’t think he’s done a convincing job at MK Dons so far. They are playing poorly, and I do think he’s somewhat responsible for that.

• Like 7

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,914
  • Days Won:  162

some carlisle fans on a banter group on facebook are saying its a done deal, i dont know if its to wind up mk don fans but the whole group is laughing at this.

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,477
  • Days Won:  165
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

This is astonishing.

Why would he go to a smaller club?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Surprised 3

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  579

MK Dons will be laughing all the way to the bank. Carlisle United won’t have much better luck with him. What a silly decision by Mike Williamson. He will be sacked before Christmas now, mark my words.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  73
  • Days Won:  0

Well, he’s abandoned MK Dons rather quickly despite it being a dream job. Their board was probably regretting the appointment. Unfortunately, this might mean they start to become tougher as a team, as Mike Williamson was doing a terrible job. Carlisle fans might have more issues than Greg Abbott.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  461

I don’t see the sense in the decision, but with him now moving closer to home, he will need to hope the move pays off. It’s not good to see because he had every chance of turning things around at MK Dons, but he’s up and left. Not much respect for a manager who does that so early in the season.

• Like 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,137

It’s weird because of him taking the job, it feels like a short-term stepping stone. The only way I can understand this is if Carlisle were aware that Williamson wasn’t happy at MK Dons, and that opened the door for talks. I do think he would have been sacked at some point by MK Dons, so they have smartly cashed in on him.

• Like 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,516
  • Days Won:  9

Good luck to him. MK Dons might not find form so easily under a new manager. I wonder if they will go for someone who has been there before? I hope they don’t pick up.

• Like 1