PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,335
  • Days Won:  81

Game 11 - The Spireites (A)

Team: Chesterfield

Date: 12/10/2024

Where: Technique Stadium

What line-up should Stuart Maynard opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,958
  • Days Won:  5

I can’t remember who said it, but this game is more than just 3 points. Notts has to approach the game in a way that shows the hard work from previous matches and get a result that makes the fans happy. I wouldn’t mind a draw, as long as the performance is good. I don’t think the game will be easy, but avoiding defeat is very important.

• Like 8
  • Love 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,277
  • Days Won:  17

As much as I Hate To Say It, but I think Notts will end up losing their Third Match on the Trot. Yes I know that sounds Negative but I think the Injuries to Key Magpie Players is going to have an Massive effect on both the Squad and the Results of upcoming Games. I think the only way to play on Saturday is be Defensive and see if Notts can Nick a Goal. A point at Chesterfield would be an accomplishment, but I can't see it. I Hope I'm Wrong but I think Stuart Maynard better be Prepared for an Hostile Reaction from some parts of the Notts Fandom, particularly if the Defeat is a Heavy One.

• Like 9

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,891
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It’s going to be a tough match that’s for sure but I’m hoping we can get a result, a draw would do, if we got a win I’d be ecstatic, I used to work in chesterfield and have a lot of ex colleagues I keep in touch with who are Spireite fans, I’d love to get bragging rights over them.

• Like 4
  • Love 6

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,208
  • Days Won:  187
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

This match will be tough but Notts have shown some good form away from home since the start of the season and remain unbeaten.

I think the difference between home & away is that teams tend to be more adventurous against Notts at their place, & this gives the Notts midfield & forwards more room to create clear cut chances.

Stuart had some more  encouraging news on Tuesday evening when Ness & particularly McDonald, played very well against Northampton.

I see McDonald coming into the starting 11 at some point, maybe even at Chesterfield. I'd expect him to replace Macari if he did start 

Hopefully, the news about Didzy will be positive, & he will be available on Saturday, so if players are fit my team would be.

Bass, McDonald, Platt, Bedeau,

Gordon, Tsaroulla, Palmer, Jatta

Robertson, Abbott, & Crowley

Subs, Slocombe, Macari, Hinchy,

Austin, McGoldrick, Cisse, Reynolds.

I would be happy with a draw but I think Notts can steal a win here

Final score 2:1 Notts or 1:1.

• Like 6
  • Love 4

• Content Count:  916
  • Days Won:  3

Having low expectations might be a good thing. I think some of our fans will be hoping for a draw but expecting a defeat. Notts will need to show their quality in a game like this. I do think it will be quite scrappy and slow at times. I hope we can do well, but all I ask for is a good performance.

• Like 6
  • Love 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,046
  • Days Won:  162

we really need to see how we start and what chesterfield look like, it might end up a goalless draw and that would not surprise me. i would feel a lot more encouraged if we had jodi jones up for selection, but i do think provided the players work hard together that the likes of kellan gordon and nick tsaroulla could be a handful.

i just wished we played into space a bit more, its good to use the wider areas but the middle opens up the play and we just seem to do one or the other. i would like to see us attack chestefield with real intent.

• Like 8

I Think even with a Fully Fit Squad Notts would have found Chesterfield a Handful, plus the Game is at their place, if the Magpies can get an early goal then Defend and Frustrate Chesterfield, their Fans will Start getting on their players backs, and this may force them to leave Gaps in their play which Notts could hopefully take advantage of.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,504
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The game looks like it will end in a draw. Chesterfield aren’t setting the league alight, and the hype is more about the rivalry between the teams. They haven’t met since the National League Playoff Final, which adds to the anticipation. If Notts defends well and creates chances, the game shouldn’t be disappointing. If either team wins, it will likely be by a single goal. Chesterfield has drawn many games recently, so it’s hard to predict a clear winner. It seems like one of those games our fans will look forward to, but might find lacklustre on the day. I would be happy with a point.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

• Content Count:  388
  • Days Won:  0

The occasion needs to be in good spirit, so I hope there’s no trouble on or off the pitch. The game could be a feisty encounter, which is common in a local derby. It will be good to see David McGoldrick return to the selection. I would start him ahead of Jatta and use him as a sub to impact the game. If we can tire their defence, it could lead to opportunities. I agree, there may not be many goals in the game. Whatever the outcome, we have time to make improvements and continue our good start.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

@NottsCountyKev

I Really Do Hope Stuart Maynard Doesn't Just Play One Up Front, That'll Get Notts No Where. A Lone Striker Will Struggle, No Matter Who Starts.

• Like 1

Supporter+

He's back and he's available against Chesterfield.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

I don’t know what to expect. Early on in the season, I would have felt confident. I think the players are going through a transition, and the outcome of games really depends on many different factors. Carlisle away, for example, we scored twice and then never really pushed for a third. The squad needs to remain hungry throughout the game against Chesterfield and not rely so much on our defending. Otherwise, it could be a long 90 minutes.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

With Didzy available for selection, I hope Maynard has the Courage to start both him and Jatta Up Front, Notts need to Develop a Strike Partnership, because either Jatta starting on his Own or Vice Versa, to be replaced with the other Striker after 60-70 minutes means the Magpies will get Nowhere. Even if either Didzy or Jatta is Replace around the 70 minute Mark put a young Academy Striker on, if Cedwyn Scott is unavailable. Play four at the back and Keep it Tight back there.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,340
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If we play two strikers, then we need to make sure the bench has options. I don't mind one striker away from home, but to play Chesterfield I do think a single striker would limit us. Jevani Brown will most likely be on the bench, so will we opt for Jatta and David McGoldrick? I can't see Cedwyn Scott being played in an attacking position, unless we do start with him as a midfielder and switch things up.

Then again, we could do that with David McGoldrick; it's really a limiting option though.

McGoldrick and Jatta do work well, but then that leaves just Brown as backup as Scott will most likely be played out of position. I really do think with our limits up top, that if he is available for selection that we start giving a chance from time to time as a striker.

I remember when we got promoted many Chesterfield fans saying they wouldn't have any of our players, though I think on paper we are stronger. As a team, I think they edge things and of course, then there's the home advantage.

It's going to be a close game; I can't see either team running away with it. What are the chances of the deciding goal being scored around the 87th minute mark? I really hope we turn up, give a confident performance and can focus solely on our football. No issues with the officials etc.

• Love 6

Supporter+

It's Matchday.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,476
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

This has the potential to be a cracking game and not just because of the rivalry. Chesterfield's issue is converting draws into wins. They have drawn 5 out of 10. They have scored 17 and conceded 10, but 4 of those have been in their last 2 games. I think this has draw written all over it. Notts cannot afford to lose this game. It's been a strong start to the season, but we have to start winning against the stronger sides. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Supporter+

Stuart Maynard has named his team to face Chesterfield.

McGoldrick & McDonald on the bench. No Scott.

• Like 4

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,100
  • Days Won:  54

Does feel a touch death by midfielders looking at that side! I know Austin will likely play LWB or RWB, but Abbott, Palmer and Robertson... I know given the injuries we are a touch light in attack but I just hope Jatta doesn't become too isolated.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Supporter+

Looks like this team is quite a defensive oriented side today. A workmanlike side, a side to grind a result out, with a pinch of smash and grab.

• Like 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,100
  • Days Won:  54

Fingers crossed @Robbie I'd take that! We've defended well away from home this season (Bromley first 5 mins excluded!)

• Like 3

Supporter+

Getting ready.

• Like 3