Notts County vs Yeovil Town

Chris

Supporter+

A very poor referee who completely spoilt the game with an incredulous decision. The crowd were quite rightly incensed.

Having said that the goals conceded were free headers which shouldn't happen.

On the down side 6 year old Grandson George learnt some new words.....not from me I hasten to add.

Was more gutted with this loss than I was with Weymouth's win today, absolutely livid to be honest. Seen the red card, if that's a red card in modern football then we might as well all pack up and go home, that is absolute disgrace! He wins the ball, he's not gone flying through him, it's a good honest midfielders tackle. If football is that much of a non contact sport that a tackle with as little in it as that is deserving of a red card then something has gone badly wrong. And that destroys the game.

OK, the red card has not directly led to us losing the game - 10 men or not conceeding 2 goals so quickly so late isn't great, but that red card changes the whole complexion of the game. It dosen't matter if your Notts County or Juventus, if your playing the league leaders or the bottom side, if your playing with 10 men for over an hour your gonna do well to take anything out of the game. And the fact we're this gutted with the loss is in part a measure of how far we've come in the last 12 months. Coventry away last season, remember how pathetically we wilted as soon as Haynes saw red? It was shamefull. At least this side has some fight and a genuine will to win. We know they'll be hurting just as much as we as fans are.

I really don't like criticising refs but Stuart Atwell in particular has a reputation for making cock ups like this. Surely if controversy follows a referee every week he needs looking at again? If I made so many costly errors in my work I'd be shown the door.

Notts will surely appeal the red card and rightly so, and if the red card is not resinded then football is well and truly f****d as far as I'm concerned, because that is a nothing challenge. Not one player appeals for a a card or even a foul, NOT ONE! They all go and get ready for the throw in. Scandelous decision.

On the positive side, we're still 6th and incredibly 12 points above the relegation zone. If you'd told me this is where we'd be in November I'd have laughed at you!

We'll bounce back and beat the blunts on Friday night.

It was a terrible game, not for the reason of the score as much.. more for the reason of the sending off and the lack of the refs ability to do what hes meant to do in the game. The incident that happened after the game was appalling and should never happen.

when we went a goal up i thought we would go on and win it.

notts seemed to become tired and yeovil took the momentum, its a shame because everyone near me felt it was not a red card. i was not sure if it deserved yellow but having seen it, i do think it wasnt a card at all. very poor calls from the ref!

It is not a two footed tackle,he makes direct contact with the ball with his right foot,his left leg misses the Yeovil player,studs are not raised.The Yeovil player is barely touched yet he bizarrely spins around in completely the wrong direction that his momentum would take him and starts writhing around. The Yeovil player should have been booked and Notts should have had a free kick.

Derry got it wrong after the sending off yesterday pure and simple. Adams for Mckensie 351with the emphasis on letting them have out wide, believing the later Edwards and Hollis have the aerial ability to be comfortable with anything into the box.

The sending off was a joke btw but the tactical adjustment a bigger one.

Supporter+

I think we would have had just about enough to win the game if we had 11 players on the pitch. There is no denying that we are not playing as well as we did before the Walsall defeat. The wheels have come off but every team goes through a period like this. What we have to be careful of is that it goes on too long. 

@weymouthPIE I doubt I will be able to listen even if I wanted.

I'm curious about @Pies4u's thoughts, as he always puts his opinion across in a stand out way and it's one of many whom I look forward to seeing. Hopefully he made the game, as I really don't think we was dire but people keep telling me we was. I felt Notts just got tired and was caught out, I do think their first goal clearly crossed. It looked like Carrol flipped it out but it looked over.

We will be stronger for this, Sheffield United will be a game where we need to just try to stay in it. If we could win or draw, I would be delighted!

Archived