Butter or Marg?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

As part of the healthy eating fad at home we've switched over. Always had Flora (other spreads are available) Light and never ave it another thought.

I read the reports that came out last year about butter and it being more healthy (in moderation) for you than any spread.

Marg is really bad for you apparently and the guy that claimed that butter was a killer was found to be totally wrong. In fact one report likened the guy to Hitler in the fact that giving his medical evidence to the World that Butter was bad for you and we should all move to Margarine, he condemned millions to heart attacks around the World.

Butter is soooo much better taste wise, but the cos again is daft. KerryGold (again other butters are available, but Irish is always best!) is only sold in 250g blocks and when you are used to the 2kg tubs of Flora that's a lot of money spent there.

We now have a butter tray and cover in the kitchen and the butter tastes lovely, but it costs!

Which do you have and why?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

We have Asda olive spread, I couldn't stomach butter now.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Butter! Boy had I missed it

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

Butter all the way. Mrs was against it but the house revolted and she gave in. Don't mind the 'I can't believe' stuff either

Regards Al

You Pies!

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

As part of the healthy eating fad at home we've switched over. Always had Flora (other spreads are available) Light and never ave it another thought.

I read the reports that came out last year about butter and it being more healthy (in moderation) for you than any spread.

Marg is really bad for you apparently and the guy that claimed that butter was a killer was found to be totally wrong. In fact one report likened the guy to Hitler in the fact that giving his medical evidence to the World that Butter was bad for you and we should all move to Margarine, he condemned millions to heart attacks around the World.

Butter is soooo much better taste wise, but the cos again is daft. KerryGold (again other butters are available, but Irish is always best!) is only sold in 250g blocks and when you are used to the 2kg tubs of Flora that's a lot of money spent there.

We now have a butter tray and cover in the kitchen and the butter tastes lovely, but it costs!

Which do you have and why?

Do you have a link to that particular article?

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Butter-gotta be Lurpak! 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Do you have a link to that particular article?

It was one of the main ones from about a year ago. Might have been the mail? No linky as my comp doesn't keep browsing history (due to me errmmmm borrowing tv programmes and films from well known torrent sites) In fact Virgin often think I'm based in Honolulu or Egypt!!!

Definitely one of the tory rags as I read it when I was looking for their politics (or lack of) a few weeks back!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

Margarine is disgusting! Butter every time. German TV compared butter to margarine recently - one presenter had to make butter, the other marge. The presenter who made margarine basically needed the full lab equipment complete with artifical colourings and flavourings - none of that in butter. Butter is healthier and tastes better!

I buy Kaergarden, which is like Lurpak. I need salt in me butter.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Margarine is disgusting! Butter every time. German TV compared butter to margarine recently - one presenter had to make butter, the other marge. The presenter who made margarine basically needed the full lab equipment complete with artifical colourings and flavourings - none of that in butter. Butter is healthier and tastes better!

I buy Kaergarden, which is like Lurpak. I need salt in me butter.

Salt's bad for you(allegedly)????

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Sounds like I'm the only one who likes marg. if I have butter now it makes me feel sick.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Sounds like I'm the only one who likes marg. if I have butter now it makes me feel sick.

I like marg @tonyhateley,well most of them,and butter.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Yes and No. We need salt in our diet, it's the amount that is the problem. Most foods today are full of salt so you go over your daily intake every time you them. Salty butter is the only way to go IMO. The old blood pressure will rise but sure we have to die of something!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I think it's a problem if you have high blood pressure, but for most people it's no problem. And it tastes better!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Butter is much nicer, marg is horrible but some marg products you wouldn't tell the difference.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I generally buy Flora, but have used Utterly butterly and I can't believe its not butter before too. Some are easier to spread than others.

Archived