Spencer to Blackpool?

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have noticed this already being discussed, however since the nature of the discussion originates based around a rumour from off a Twitter account and the fact Jimmy Spencer linking with Blackpool is stepping up a few notches, I felt it was worth while adding a topic on the very subject.

Team Talk are reporting

"Notts County striker Jimmy Spencer is attracting interest from a host of League One clubs.

The 23-year-old striker is heading into the final year of his contract at Meadow Lane and Blackpool, Fleetwood and Barnsley are all keen on signing the Leeds-born player.

Spencer missed seven months of last season after suffering a cruciate ligament injury in July but successfully returned to action in March.

The forward started the final eight games of the season as County were relegated to League Two.

The East Midlands club will hold out for a six-figure fee if Spencer leaves."

Could the Twitter account have merit behind the rumour? What do you make of this? Do you think we should cash in on Jimmy if we could or are you against it?

Discuss folks...

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

I really hope it is just a rumour because I think Jimmy is a great asset to the club. However if the price is right then we might have to let him go! Would be very frustrating if we sold him for a low figure and then his next club took advantage of this. We haven't exactly been selling players in recent years for massive profits.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  285
  • Days Won:  0

I would hope that there is no basis on this and that it is just a rumour, Jimmy is a very good player and we have already seen that he can hold the ball up like no other player we have had in the past.

He just needs to find his feet and stay injury free, selling him would be exactly the same as Ben Davies.

A bad move.

• Content Count:  310

We have just secured the money, now hands off our Jimmy!

Selling him would be a step back because he is only 23, he has time to mature and develop further. Don't let him escape Notts!!

• Content Count:  117

It would depend on the offer but since we have ladbrookes, would it really benefit us to require replacing him?

Stead and Spencer should be a fantastic partnership.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

this would be terrible news, it makes no sense.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I don't think it would be a good step for either party if I am honest. I hope the club assures Jimmy that he is wanted here, and that he is a major part of our plans.

• Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  1

I hope there's nothing in this, I wonder if he's not the sort of player Moniz is wanting? Personally I think he is definitely good enough and would do well now we have some good wingers/service, but we will find out.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

It may tempt others into expressing interest, I would not outright reject it but I would inflate the valuation in which we put on Jimmy Spencer.

@RayTrew is there any truth in this?

• Content Count:  149

We will see, it's only a matter of time before we know. but If the club don't squash this quickly it could play into the hands of some fans.

• Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  1

Jimmy is going nowhere, Ray Trew has dismissed this, building a team not dismantling it. Coyp

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Every player has their price I suppose but I would be sad to see Jimmy go.

• Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  3

So what has Mr Trew denied.... That an approach or offer has been made?... Or that we are thinking of selling him?

It really depends on what, (if anything) has been done.

Jimmy Spencer would be a big loss if he moved, but as for being the best ever at holding the ball up, I think messers Lawton, Hateley, Hughes and others would wish to comment on that, but he is good enough to play in league 1.

By starting a rumour on twitter, other clubs may be trying to up set him. The promise of higher wages better standard of football etc. can be put before a player without going through the correct channels.  Once a player feels disgruntled he will not give 100%, and faced with this many clubs will sell.

If an offer were made, it would depend on Jimmy, as if he wants to go there is little point in trying to stop him.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

He said it was complete nonsense and that no offers have been received @Piety. Although if someone offered the club a massive fee they'd have to think about it, but the same is true of all players.

I hope it's a case of rumour-mongering rather than his agent trying to start a bidding war.

• Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  3

Dangerous Sausage: Thanks for clearing that up.

I know that agents try to start bidding wars but I feel that clubs leak  information  to create unrest in the hope of getting players at discounted prices. its so easy to do. We will see what happens.

I am surprised by the number of signings made. I thought we were going for a small squad of quality players. 

Archived