Christmas Bah Humbug!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Has anyone got their Christmas tree up yet, I must admit as the years go by I am less and less inclined to get excited about Christmas but we will be putting ours up in the next few days, mainly because the Grandchildren like it.

We have been invited to our son's for Christmas this year so we are looking forward to that, what are others up to?

Have you put your tree up, do you decorate the outside of the house or are you an old scrooge like me? :lol:

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@cheeky~k8 has put ours up quite earlier and I'm pleased she did, as it's given me a little optimism as I walk around the house.

Oh c'mon, get foot loose and fancy free Tony. It's Christmas! (almost). Grab yourself a pint, relax, flick your slippers off and just dabble in this winter warmth that the festive period brings.

That's smashing news! I hope you have a great Christmas with your family.

I don't know our plans yet but I will find time to visit @GrannyPie as it's her birthday and last year we didn't. I have to make it up to her for being such a great supportive mother and grandmother, hopefully I can get her over here a bit and with grumpy @super_ram.

We don't decorate our outside but we do our windows and living room. The children also have their own Christmas tree!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

we have decorations up but its not a lot, pretty basic and we still need to replace the old tree.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Yes,our tree and decorations are up and we've received our first postal christmas cards.

When I return Jake ,Ellie and Ava after their visits on Fridays we pass several houses that are decorated.One house  has loads of  decorations on the house wall and the garden  is covered in 'snow' with loads of figures lit up too.The old guy who lives there was even standing at his gate dressed up in a Santa costume last Friday.The grandkids were very impressed but hurried by a bit overwhelmed.Lol. I love christmas,especially the grandkids,but it's also nice to have time recovering.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Tree is up, so are the trimmings! I only moan putting them up and down!!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350
  • Days Won:  1

All systems go here, tree is erected and the lights are all on.

What amazes me is the amount of effort some people go to in order to impress and yet half of these cannot be bothered to do DIY, look after themselves or tidy their gardens. 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Ours went up on Saturday. Looks lovely and cheers up these bleak grey days.  Although we did see a weak wintery sun today. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Our decorations went up on the 30th nov and the tree on the 1st dec. I was going to wait until the 1st to put it up, but the kids tried to open the boxes, so it was easier to put them up before. They do look nice up though.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I put the Christmas Tree up last Friday. Didn't take long. My favourite part is setting up the nativity scene/crib we have. There's something soothing about this I find. I'm not religious by any means but there is something special about Jesus in the manger. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

I must admit i love Christmas and all that's traditional during the run up to Christmas

in cyprus most village's have tree's lit and decorations plus music playing in shops and stores jingle bells in greek is very strange to one ears but its lovely

in my village on sunday were having the village Christmas party in our little square,the tree is up decorated by both local Greeks and ex pat residents from many countries and electric supplied via the street lamp yep they fitted plugs when they were fitted in a couple of years ago,  mince pies mulled wine + three choirs 1,the local school 2, the local Cypriot ladies 3,newly formed village choir and the Cypriot police band very good band they are too  hope the rain holds off

oh our tree went up last week inside the cats love it and on Sunday we got the real fir tree from the forestry people in troodos mountains we may have snow up there before Christmas as its below zero at night up there that's for the balcony well never a bah humbug in this house

enjoy

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I'm feeling quite Christmassy right now. The Germans do Christmas very well, with the Christmas markets, lanterns and mulled wine and all that jazz. And in the last few days I go back to my family and eat my own body weight in mince pies. But by the 25th I'm sick and tired of Slade and Wham.

My living room is small, so I only have room for a small plastic Christmas tree. I bought mine and decorated it in 2007, and every year since I have simply removed the decorated tree from the bag and plonked it on the table. Hey presto, instant Chrimbo tree!

Archived