Match Discussion: Game 35 - The Pirates (H)

PON_News

Game 35 - The Pirates (H)

Team: Bristol Rovers

Date: 05/03/16

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Jamie Fullarton opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

Loach will remain in goal IMO

No wholesale changes and Milsom took a knock and probably needed the minutes on the pitch so Noble will probably come in to midfield

Loach

Atkinson Hollis Hewitt Adams

Banton Noble Thompson Burke

Stead Murray

1-1 or 2-1 Notts......got to pick up soon and I'll be there so it'll be fine  ;o)

• Like 1

@NewNottsFan he deserves to be after Tuesday.

I can't believe people complained about him in the first half, I felt he did very well - to say he hadn't really played first team football with the back four. Yes he shaky at first but he really came into it.

Notts really need to go out more lively and build forwards by passing it along the ground.

Myself, I would drop Atkinson - put Hewitt back there and find someone else to cover as CB. I'm not remotely impressed by Wes Atkinson, he looks to have potential but his ability right now is disappointing.

I'm afraid I can only envisage another defeat here.  Barring some miraculous kissing and making up the expected absence of Aborah will mean a very unpleasant atmosphere.  The anti-Fullarton feeling will be evident from the start, and if we go a goal down things could turn really nasty which won't benefit the players at all.  Rovers are in poor form away from home (lost 4 of the last 5), but even 'poor' may well be too good for us at the moment.  

Prediction: Notts 0-2 Rovers.  Att. 4,950

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

I think that team is too attacking myself, but if we're gonna lose, might aswell lose with a bit of style rather than lose with defensive boredom and a chorus of boos. 

The thing is thouhg it's not too attacking at all, that midfield has everything,I would make a change and play 4-1-3-2.

Being

Loach

Hewitt McKenzie Hollis Adams

Milsom

Noble Aborah (any one of Banton/Campbell/Burke)

Mcloed Stead

55 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

@Elite_pie brave attendance prediction.

I think we will be looking to scrape past 3,600. The club cannot fiddle the attendances like they used to do. ;)

I'm usually a lot better at predicting attendances than I am the scores, in fact I guessed at 3,189 on Tuesday and the actual attendance was 3,147.  I think recent events will actually give the gate a bit of a boost on Saturday rather than a drop, with some going along to protest and some just to see what kicks off first hand.  Rovers usually manage a decent following by League 2 standards, so I would be very surprised to see a sub 4,000 attendance.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Northants Pie said:

The thing is why not name Aborah and put him in the team, that way if he doesn't produce then we will know the truth won't we!

To be honest, I don't think even if he names Aborah it will change anything.

Playing people such as Aborah and Noble in such a defensive tactical line-up isn't going to suit them. Ideally you would alter the tactics and starting 11 completely, I just can't see JF doing that. 

He makes informed decisions and picks his best players for 90 minutes, you know. 

• Like 1

Supporter+

The downward spiral to continue. 0-3. Fans up in arms. JF making excuses and maybe another impromptu owners meet the fans......and all hell breaks loose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

To be honest, I don't think even if he names Aborah it will change anything.

Playing people such as Aborah and Noble in such a defensive tactical line-up isn't going to suit them. Ideally you would alter the tactics and starting 11 completely, I just can't see JF doing that. 

He makes informed decisions and picks his best players for 90 minutes, you know. 

Informed decisions meaning.... whilst trying not to gag...... yes Guy, ok Guy.... ha ha

• Like 1

Comfortable win for Brizzle I reckon, 0-3 making it 360 minutes without a goal at home.

Post match meltdown to continue with the ticket office resigning on the grounds that they had been arrested for obtaining money through false pretenses.

• Like 2

4,829 watch Notts lose 3-1......sorry....but it's the truth!!

There will be no riot after the game....because Notts fans are still wandering around in shock at the complete meltdown recently.

Doris, the tea-lady gets promoted to head of Marketing......and JF was last seen booking a flight from East Midlands to Turkey, where he hopes to slip across the border and become the coach for Kurdistan.

I can't see anything more than a draw at the best, Bristol Rovers would have to be poor and we may need to perform far better than we have against poorer teams. You never know with Notts though, we may pull something off - yet it seems unlikely. It's the current mood right now, I've asked plenty yesterday and during the week and it's not improving.

Well I won't know the score until I finish celebrating a friends wedding, I'm taking the pictures! Wish me luck! ;)

C'mon NOTTS give us some PRIDE.

• Like 2