Match Discussion: Game 39 - The Chairboys (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

Any news on the formation ? 3 midfielders and 3 centre half's but audel could be a left back ?

PS match chat is being funny again

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

14 minutes ago, ohstanleyaborah said:

Any news on the formation ? 3 midfielders and 3 centre half's but audel could be a left back ?

PS match chat is being funny again

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Match chat fine for me.

STARTING XI: Loach, Hollis, Thompson, Noble, Campbell, Burke, Atkinson, Stead (C), Audel, Aborah, Edwards.
Substitutes: Pilkington, Murray, Snijders, Milsom, Hewitt, Banton, McLeod

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  3

Hope all goes well for you today.

Not really sure about Mark Cooper. It was this time last year that he started choosing crazy line ups and a lot of us think he drew play off humiliation from the jaws of automatic promotion. It is generally accepted that last year's playing squad was down to the chairman and it is arguable that Mark made the most of it.

This season started abysmally and we had a very large injury list  ... but Mark said basically that we would lose the next few games until some players returned. Defeatist? I think that is why he was sacked.

Nevertheless I wish him well and hope he can bring a smile to your faces!

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Lively start by Notts but we need to keep it down, early corner so there's pressure and at the moment we are keeping 'em quiet. Hopefully the fans can keep singing, very impressive response by the loyal kop.

• Like 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Will take a point. Dropped another place in the table but York lost.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm pleased by the response from the players, we all knew the fans will get behind them and the club - it was just the fallout of disappointment etc. I felt very proud today, which is the opposite to how I felt going or even before the match. I still have the feeling of we can't score, so will we defend? but honestly, they did a good job today and although a couple of players I felt played a little below average it was a good team performance.

It's not going to help confidence to mention anything more but it was the first game, which I felt we could actually get something.

Murray made the difference, he played his heart out. McLeod did alright, he needs a boost of confidence.

Thompson and Aborah for me, they did a good job today. However, all the players deserve credit. COYP

• Like 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

The game had everything except goals, it was good to watch. Even if a Notts player made a mistake they always looked to make up for it and recover the ball, or go again. Notts had their chances (as did Wycombe) and the team spirit was there to see. COYP.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I listened to the Whole match, and was gutted we didn't score. 

Keep playing like that, and confidence will resume. 

Roll on Saturday 

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Ratings 

Loach - 6 - Steady..had chances to release the ball earlier which became frustrating at times

Atkinson - 4 - Slightly better than Hewitt in that he did block some crosses but still unconvinced on his quality.

Edwards - 6 - Steady Eddy.

Hollis - 6 - Solid with the odd distribution lapse as usual. Perhaps should have done better with header

Audel - 7.5 - Man of the match Willingness to bring the ball gave us an outlet.Solid defence with fair share of winning headers

Aborah - 6.5 - Composure on the ball. Welcome back Oh Stanley!!!!.

Noble - 4.5 - Poor, wasted dead ball delivery. Should have been more instrumental

Thompson - 6 - Played with passion

Burke - 5.5 - He needed to switch with Campbell...He needs to step up as he allows the others to put effort in.

Stead - 4.5 - Too many loose lay offs gifting possession away.

Campbell - 4 - Final ball atrocious. Pity as he puts in the effort

Subs

McLeod - 4.5 - Idle by name, Idle by nature. Missing crucial chance, 150k should buy better.

Murray - 5 - Not enough quality, missed great opportunity to release Snijders

Snijders - 5 - Not enough time to influence the game.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i wish i had gone but tbh i enjoyed listening to the game.

i think the players will eventually thrive under cooper, he did not speak bad about anyone and seems to know how to issue man management.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

I thought the referee was excellent today. Good hard game with some robust challenges by both sides but no bookings (unless I missed something)

• Like 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Stead and Mcleod need to offer more upfront.

First half we looked off the pace and nervous but the confidence grew. I will take the point.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

At least when I checked the team on the twitter feed, coming in on the tram from Clifton, I thought that was as good a set up to be expected from a new manager. Maybe my only criticism as the game progressed, Burke should have swapped positions with Campbell. Very pleased to see Audel excel today but overall, we looked like a team and not a bunch of disinterested strangers playing for a manager no one liked.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,516
  • Days Won:  9

@Piethagoram For awhile Notts did look like it was a task to do anything other than defend but I am content.

I think a few more weeks and performances under the belt we will be able to see more of what Cooper is trying to do. McLeod did not look confident or an enabled footballer at all. As far as misses go, his will take some beating. Would have preferred someone else coming on instead of him but a goal could change things.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

I'm just pleased we got a point and I'm ticking them off until it is mathematically impossible to go down. I don't expect anything from Saturday's game, but then we have a couple of hopefully winnable games after that to see us safe and hopefully he can experiment after that.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

I thought the game was going to be called off too, i am glad we at least got a point from the game. I can't remember the last time we actually got points.

• Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

24 minutes ago, cheeky~k8 said:

I thought the game was going to be called off too, i am glad we at least got a point from the game. I can't remember the last time we actually got points.

Trevor the goundsman showed us some pictures of the pitch under a lot of water at 9.30 that morning. He and the others did really well to get the game on.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Neil Mellor was at the match for Sky Sports HQ. The ground staff made an appearance as well. Sky were impressed that they managed to get the water off the surface.