We're in the bottom two....

NottsGeezerCal

We're in bottom two after playing a game more than most around us, however with things falling into place and a changes from top to bottom, my question to you guys is: are you worried? 

Yes, but only in mild panic mode.   We still have a limited squad, but if we battle like we did today we have a chance.

Not in panic mode , yet , it's a battle for sure and we showed it today that battling spirit  , lots to work on , want to be positive , but worries are in there .

Supporter+

I'm going to brutal but not in a criticizing way. A point at home is good in the circumstances but wins at home are a must from now on. Relegation is a real possibility. Bottom 2. That's a sobering thought.

Yes, i'm worried. But ever hopeful after today's much improved performance. It's not that long ago this same set of players had us 6th from top. COYP!

We need to treat the takeover as if every game after (from Mansfield) is a brand new season.

I've seen many glowing comments from our fans, so its positive despite the outcome of fallen into the bottom two. Local derbies are difficult, so we'll see what comes from the upcoming games. I think when we as fans feel valued, the impact we have is a 100% greater and therefore if we can keep the feel good factor - hopefully then we will start picking up wins. It's important we fight for every inch on the pitch and that we come together.

If the transfer window doesn't see us dabble in the market, we really do need to make the most of this squad in order to survive the drop.

I'm actually less concerned at this stage, however it's early and it could easily revert back.

If we work on the assumption that 50 points stays up then we need 27 out of 60, that's 9 wins or you can work it out with draws as well but its definitely do-able, as hardy said - it wasn't that long ago that a win would take us to 2nd. Well now a run of 3 wins would take us a few places above the drop and give us some breathing room

I certainly think if we can dig deep and push on from here, the belief we have fans will return.

Already I am seeing people who have said we are doomed, praise the way we defended and although some have voiced comments about the amount of chances we created (I believe we only had 2/3 shots on target?) - I do recall Les Bradd saying the season where we was drawing all the time, that its the start of adjusting back to winning ways. We have lost our confidence (it's been drained out) and we have lost the belief and passion. If yesterday continues, it will return.

If we can win our next game we could jump out, provided on scores we may go a point or two clear.

Right now we just need to stay within the bottom five, draw the games we will probably struggle and win any that comes our way. At all cost we need to avoid losing! Notts County have their mojo back and it must remain.

I'm hoping that, with a new owner and new manager in place, whatever issues were affecting the players have now been resolved or at least eased. If it's true that the players were not being paid their wages, or late or whatever, then obviously it will have a detrimental effect on morale and performance.

The best thing to do is declare an amnesty all round, with a clean slate, and treat this as a fresh start. The toxic atmosphere enveloping the club has now been lifted (I would hope), so with conditions at the club expected to be much more pleasant, there's no reason why Notts can't start picking up wins and draws, and claw themselves back to safety.

However, it is worrying. Dropping out of the Football League would pretty much set the club back a generation, so I hope and pray that everyone involved, from directors to staff to coaches to players to fans, now knuckles down and comes together to fight for safety.

16 hours ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

Not in panic mode , yet , it's a battle for sure and we showed it today that battling spirit  , lots to work on , want to be positive , but worries are in there .

have to say i feel if we can defend like we did against mansfield and improve further, i think its only a matter of time until our form does.

I wouldn't say I'm worried, but I'm down to my knuckles.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It was sobering to see the table, but there's a long way to go yet. Right now I'm concerned. If we're still there in a month I'll be worried. If we're still there a month later it's panic stations.

19 hours ago, Joe Jones said:

I'm hoping that, with a new owner and new manager in place, whatever issues were affecting the players have now been resolved or at least eased. If it's true that the players were not being paid their wages, or late or whatever, then obviously it will have a detrimental effect on morale and performance.

The best thing to do is declare an amnesty all round, with a clean slate, and treat this as a fresh start. The toxic atmosphere enveloping the club has now been lifted (I would hope), so with conditions at the club expected to be much more pleasant, there's no reason why Notts can't start picking up wins and draws, and claw themselves back to safety.

However, it is worrying. Dropping out of the Football League would pretty much set the club back a generation, so I hope and pray that everyone involved, from directors to staff to coaches to players to fans, now knuckles down and comes together to fight for safety.

Absolutely agree with you. Everyone needs to pull together for the good of the club. I'd also like to add a "thank you" for your "if it's true" about player wages. Only once did we pay the players late.(a couple of days) and that was on the last time we had a scheduled responsibility. It has never happened before. Just thought I'd set the record straight on that one. Great atmosphere around the stands at the Mansfield game - long may that last for the good of Notts. COYP

On 15/01/2017 at 10:04, ohstanleyaborah said:

If we work on the assumption that 50 points stays up then we need 27 out of 60, that's 9 wins or you can work it out with draws as well but its definitely do-able, as hardy said - it wasn't that long ago that a win would take us to 2nd. Well now a run of 3 wins would take us a few places above the drop and give us some breathing room

Yeah, we need to get some sort of form or run going.

We have some big clashes coming up which will test the players and Kevin Nolan's metal but its more optimistic right now.

I will give it a few games before I jump on board this feel good factor, knowing Notts there will be a stutter somewhere along the way. I agree Nolan seems to have a grasp on what is required from here.

But I am not expecting the fortunes to change over night.

I am still very much concerned and worried about relegation.

We're in a dog fight, of that there is no doubt. However, where we are now with a new owner and a new manager is a heck of a lot better than where we were 2 weeks ago. COYP

3 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

We have some big clashes coming up which will test the players and Kevin Nolan's metal.

Will they iron out the problems and have the golden touch, or will it go down like a lead balloon?

Knowing Notts, I'll have a few coppers on the latter.

After Saturday, we will be in a run of winnable games, with the possible exception of Exeter, so I would hope to gain at least 3 wins from those and a draw. If we don't we could be well and truly on our way out of the league.

I am currently looking at the table and Orient are in a right mess and have transfer listed four players (Bowery is one funnily enough, remember him?), with no signs of bringing anyone in. Their fans think they are certain for the drop and are talking about the prospect of Administration.

It will be 2 from the current bottom 6 and I think (hope) we get to  the 18th-20th bracket, but need some new signings to do it!

i dont want us to rely on other teams to go wrong, i hope we can make the difference required to push away from the bottom half.

notts is the tend that tends to always get caught out.

Archived