Notts County Vs Galatasaray

Chris

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Finally!!!!! :D

Home game and against such a huge European team. It's odd how a Turkish team enters European contests and yet their national side enters African cup of nations. I can recall reading them attempting to get classed as a member of E.U - Divided between Europe and Africa. Regardles we'll be playing their best league team (who are like United over there!)

I hear that our friends @shrewswill and @friendlyshrew side lost to them, I hope for our case we can do one better.

Wouldn't mind losing but to score would be nice! I actually think if we controlled the game, we might be able to sneak it but of course I've said this and I jinx things.

Personally I wouldn't risk Danny or some of our main players too much tho, they've got some hard tacklers who make Vinnie Jones and Roy Keane seems like pansies.

Might be a friendly, though as we all know the risk could be our loss.

COME ON YOU PIES!!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Yeah Galarasary won 3-0 at Shrewsbury on Saturday. I believe Drogba and Wesley Sneidjer were on the bench so they may well start tommorow night. Hope all you who are going have a good night, I'll be listening to commentary on Magpie Plater :)

Galatasary had over 600 supporters at Shrewsbury on Saturday, wonder how many they'll have at the Lane tommorow

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,309
  • Days Won:  28

I won't be at the game tomorrow, but as Notts-joe will i'll hear all the updates tomorrow evening.

Its gonna be a good but very testing game. Good luck Notts!

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  5

Good luck to Notts County in this game. Going to be a difficult test but a chance for the regulars to see a top European side.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Ay up Sadlad ,nice to see you here again.How's things going with your team?. Optimistic? Ready for the new season?

I'll  second Sadlad.Good Luck,Notts.

Preparing to get the kids ready, Ellie wants to come now. (I think to look after Jake)

I should be able to post now while I'm at the game, before it was a little hard as my connection would drop and the lack of 'easy use'. I think I'll have this sorted now, so I don't care if we lose. I just want to watch our Notts!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,951
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Looking forward to this, I just hope nobody's bought a ticket for my normal seat!

Team news:

Notts Starting XI: Bialkowski, Dumbuya, Sheehan, Liddle, Leacock, Labadie, Trialist, Zoko, Waite, Showumni, Campbell-Ryce

Bench: Pilkington, Smith, Pearce, Tempest, Hollis, Trialist, Trialist, Nangle, Mahon, Haworth, Thompson

Danny Haynes not yet match fit

Galatasary team news: Drogba and Sneijder on the bench, but Eboue starts

Notts County 1-2 Galatasary

Defeat very cruel on Notts who played very well all night. Notts took the lead early in the second half when some hard work from Enoch Showumni (who had a great game and recieved a standing ovation) put the ball in the area and the ball went into the net of a defender.

About ten minutes from time Galatasary equalised and during the course of them equalising Alan Sheehan accidently kicked Bart Bialkowski in the head. There was a lengthy delay while Bart was stretchered off the field. He put his thumbs up to the fans as he was carried off, fingers crossed its not too serius.

His replacement Kevin Pilkington was powerless to stop a long range strike from Wesley Sneijder in injury time which went in off the post to give the Turkish champions the win.

It sounded like Notts gave an excellent account of themselves and there were some brilliant individual performances out there. All bodes well for the season ahead :)

Attendence was 5,337 (926 Galatasary fans)

Next up, Spannish club Rayo Vallacano

Well played lads, done the club proud. Get well soon Bart :)

• Content Count:  10,951
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I thought it was a great match, Notts looked really good at times and played some good passing football. Enoch is like a different player winning some great flick ons for Zoko to chase.

There were quite a few players I didn't recognise, I bought a programme thinking I could identify them but the players in the programme weren't numbered.

There were really big queues to get in and the game had started by the time I got to my seat, nobody told me it was a 7.30 kick off!

Impressive performance by Notts against the Turkish champions.

Preoccupied with two little magpies, who had both decided to play up and I had to be the steward between them at times (though they wasn't all that bad). The game impressive, we need to stop certain aspects but we're moving forward and I almost managed to say we beat them! The goals was given to be fair, if I was one of their fans I'd be disappointed by their performance.

Our lads did well.

No 22. Was impressive! The whole squad deserves credit tho.

Only thing which disappointed me was these people who acted like they had never been to Meadow Lane and got mardy over little things, I had a family who kept standing up despite being on the front row and nothing in their way. Blocking out children behind them, which is selfish. I was close to saying something but this elderly gent told them to sit down rather sternly.

Action Shots | Here - Match Report | To Be Added

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

A great game by the sounds of it.I'm glad all who went enjoyed it.Well done Notts.

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

give us the match report, is JJ on the case? i need my after match fix. where has he been hiding? come back!

brilliant game, loves it. wished the kop had been open!

I'm not sure Liam, we will be trying to hit deadlines at a certain point but sometimes things can be unexpected. It's good to see someone eager to read it, I know @Joe Jones will appreciate your comments.

It will be on as soon as possible mate.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,556
  • Days Won:  9

I drove up and stayed the night at a nearby hotel, decided to give myself a little freedom and stay up until the following friendly. The lads did impress me, I feel that under Chris, Mick and Andy we have progressed. The players seemed more together, brighter and more keen to impress. Joss had a great game, I'm less worried about losing out on Neal Bishop now.

He held the midfield and pressured them, the trialist number 22 is Fotheringham. Good player!

He looked very useful and handy to have around, he much like Joss pushed up and actually marked their defenders.

It would have been nice to see Andy Haworth, I didn't see him play but overall I feel the clubs making steady ground. We just need a few more calmer heads to help these youngsters, who seem to fall prone to little errors. I'm not picking at anyone, though a certain player will no doubt be kicking themselves.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

Great performance by all accounts.Well done Notts

• Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

@upthepies

Is that who it is? Good player, did his job well.

• Content Count:  207
  • Days Won:  1

I hear that our friends @shrewswill and @friendlyshrew side lost to them, I hope for our case we can do one better.

Does Will still post here Joe?

I heard you guys did well playing them, It's a shame you didn't sneak the win really. You guys will be happy right? 

Does Will still post here Joe?

I heard you guys did well playing them, It's a shame you didn't sneak the win really. You guys will be happy right? 

Yes, he tends to dabble around still. ;)

Very happy but more importantly, what is your ex manager - Sir Alex doing at the Lane?

580257_10151589212872983_767060966_n.jpg

• Content Count:  207
  • Days Won:  1

What's he doing wearing the England shirt!?!?!

The walking stick would not turn eyes, after all he needs to do something now he is retired. LMAO  :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  164
  • Days Won:  2

Finally!!!!! :D

Home game and against such a huge European team. It's odd how a Turkish team enters European contests and yet their national side enters African cup of nations. I can recall reading them attempting to get classed as a member of E.U - Divided between Europe and Africa. Regardles we'll be playing their best league team (who are like United over there!)

Wouldn't mind losing but to score would be nice! I actually think if we controlled the game, we might be able to sneak it but of course I've said this and I jinx things.

Personally I wouldn't risk Danny or some of our main players too much tho, they've got some hard tacklers who make Vinnie Jones and Roy Keane seems like pansies.

Might be a friendly, though as we all know the risk could be our loss.

COME ON YOU PIES!!

It was nightmare, things are not looking good for us! You might see me more on here, I'm not sure I will be watching Shrewsbury! I'm not looking forward to the new season. Very daunting!!

You guys nearly won right?

It can't be that bad buddy, goodluck ahead your opener. I hope you guys do okay :)

Archived