Do you still think Kevin Nolan’s is the Manager we need

Magic magpie

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

I think yeah he is this is just temporary glitz which all teams go through. I think he will pick up the team and drive us forward to promotion 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

Nolan is the brightest light we have seen at the Lane for many years (since Alardice I would say). He is new to management and mistakes will be made but we must put our faith in him. 

Yes we have lost 2 games on the bounce which in the scheme of things is far from disaster. The thing is, Notts fans have been without anything to feel positive about for so long that the first hint of success we all get excited. This, coupled with the amazing run we’ve been on has made the recent run of poor results more difficult to stomach. Notts have underachieved for years now but hopefully, (if not this season) we have a brighter future to look forward to.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,146
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's madness to suggest sacking Kevin Nolan, yet it's equally baffling that KN is suggesting that fans are giving him stick.

He makes it sound like it's him vs. the world and, this is simply not true. People just want him to realise that his recent changes don't work, they won't because packing the midfield makes it too light up front. One striker limits our chances and, I suppose playing Forte might help but he's frozen out of the squad. Ameobi and Stead don't suite playing one up top for the whole game.

They need someone to work with, someone to help them and work as a true partnership.

It's a run off poor form, hard work will overcome it. Nolan and Hardy need to acknowledge that fans are more concerned.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

The easiest 'GREAT BIG YES' answer of the season.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

A yes from me , can't believe the question even being asked to be honest , fans who are having a pop , not here I must add , need a reality check , bound to be ups and downs along the way , we do need a little more steel down the spine , for me the job Yates and Hewitt did in midfield was massive , so if we can get a similar recruit alongside Hewitt again then that will solve some issues in midfield ,a striker and CB also would be massive , it's not doom and gloom by any stretch , COYP #inNolanwetrust 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

We've had some dross as managers over the years and he is definitely a few steps above that level, but the sign of a great manager is to admit that he got it wrong and then put it right. Nolan has got is drastically wrong this month, but he still has time to get it right and this is what we will judge him by come the end of the season.

Falling out with the fans doesn't help his cause, we know when it isn't working, so should he.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Yes! No he's not perfect and sometimes his inexperience shows, but the very fact that we're worried about slipping out of the top three shows what a great job he's done. He's earned our patience and trust.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,146
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

There really was never any doubt.

Why any genuine Notts would want Kevin Nolan or Ross Fitzsimons to leave is really beyond me. Kevin just needs to accept he doesn't always know best, why he tried to change the formation from something that works is just very odd - however I still do believe it was due to not wanting to sign any more players. Not signing a striker or defender would be a crime but it's nowhere near enough to cancel the stability that is being created.

Even after the two league defeats...

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

not only do we want him as our manager we need him.

he will make mistakes, but provided he learns and keep the progress going he will be the right man. the club needs stability and he offers that. easy answer!

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I cannot picture anyone else leading Notts forward, we finally have the type of leadership we have all wanted for season. Kevin Nolan just needs to keep his head, we are forgetting how well he's done so far with us I think.

• Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

To be fair @Chris he has changed things around a number of times this season and has nearly always come out smelling of roses. He finally pushed his luck too far last week. But it's all part of the learning curve.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,904
  • Days Won:  17

Yes absolutely. He'll have his off days same as anyone else. he's still learning and has so far, done an amazing job for Notts County.

• Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

There's no need to fix what is not broken, yes Kevin can get it wrong but so can any manager.

He's sorted the formation out and gone back to 442, also he has signed what has been needed. After the performance against Crewe, I feel we are okay now.

Archived