POLL: Who do you hope signs a new deal at Notts?

Countyman

Multi choice poll, who do hope will extend their stay at Notts?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following players do you hope sign new contracts? Say why or explain how important they will be to the squad below.

• Dan Jones
    • Branislav Pindroch
    • Richard Duffy
    • Ross Fitzsimons
    • Michael O'Connor
    • Pierce Bird

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,356
  • Days Won:  1

Who do you hope signs a new deal at Notts? Are there any you hope don't extend there stay?

Multi vote, choose those you hope will stay. Answer below who you want to sign new deals and why..

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

There's only three players I hope successfully agree new terms with Kevin Nolan, which I will name below as my reasoning for this and why I feel they will be important. The three I hope don't are, Richard Duffy, Pierce Bird and Branislav Pindroch.

I just don't see how any of those three will be a player that will someone who is required, Duffy is a liability and has more off days than most. The other two I just don't think are good enough and, I see little reasoning for keeping them. To be honest, I expect all six to agree new terms because I'm not sure anyone one else in League Two or higher would be interested in acquiring their services.

Dan Jones is a decent player, he's proved this enough and at this level he's a good option to have. He should improve with a more solid defence, yet I feel he links up well the attacking play.

Michael O'Connor just looks like a true professional and appears to have come back very strongly after his injury, I want him for his forward thinking and leadership skills.

Ross Fitzsimons looks like a very promising goalkeeper, whilst I hope he does become our number one - I do hope there's someone else there to push him to be his very best (and to avoid kicking any opposition players in the future).

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I voted for the following players, Jones, Fitzsimons, O'Connor and Bird. I hope they agree new terms with Notts, I think Pierce Bird could become a very useful player if hes going to be given game time but since we are linked with two centre backs it seems unlikely.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

i voted for the players that i am only bothered about.

dan jones, ross fitzsimons and michael o'connor. all three players are capable of starting, so i would consider them to be important.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I am tempted to say we should keep Richard Duffy, yet I don't think he can be consistent enough and his lack of responsibility when defending does greatly annoy me. Players seem to be able to go through him without any issue, the fact he also tends to go to ground like an idiot just adds to it.

Like the majority already, I voted for Dan Jones, Ross Fitzsimons and Michael O'Connor.

They can make their presence known and contribute effectively to the team. Plus O'Connor is a natural leader, something which we tend to lack.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

Seems That O’Connor is the favourite to resign among the Pon community and I have to agree..  he is passionate and a quality player hope he dose resign. Along with jones and Fitzsimons 

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I voted for Jones, O'Connor, Fitzsimmons and Bird. I didn't vote for Duffy he's not very mobile in defence and seems to go to ground too easily, if he re-signs I think he should be a squad player rather than first team. Pindroch I wasn't sure about.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

6 minutes ago, UnitedPie said:

Seems That O’Connor is the favourite to resign among the Pon community

Noooooo! I don't want him to resign, I want him to stay!!!

I voted the same as the majority, exceptions being Pindroch and Duffer, but expect both to stay. Bird deserves another year as he was playing for Dunkirk just over a year ago, so his development is behind everyone else. Still holding out hope for him and regular reserve football should help further.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

I see by the poll that hardly anyone wants Pindroch or Duffy, yet Bird has five votes at the time of my post.

I think it goes to show how important O'Connor is to the squad by the fact he has 12 votes, compared Fitzsimons and Jones' 11. Those three are the players who are key to being extended, the other thing I don't personally think will do much.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I left Duffy out of my vote. Included the rest, but don’t know enough about Bird or the keeper. We do need a young keeper to push Fitz as I expect he’ll be number one, it is this chap it? I genuinely don’t know enough to say.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

@hissingdwarf yeah he is tbf.

I've voted for all as we need evolution not revolution and tbh Pierce Bird will learn so much from playing alongside Duffy that its in our best interests to keep Duffy, aside from him being part of the leagues third best defence.

Archived