Is Alan Hardy a true magpie

Magic magpie

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

So Alan Hardy has invested in Notts County the changing rooms and facility’s also paying money for players £2 match days etc. Still people doubt him say he is not truth ful he is not a magpie. What’s your thoughts on Alan Hardy as a owner or a business man even do you think he is true to his word.?

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think he's doing the right things around the club.

He's backing the manager, engaging with fans and he clearly cares otherwise he wouldn't be investing so much of his own time and money. We have seen previously how gimmicks tend to fail, so I am pleased that Alan Hardy is focusing on the 'strength' of the club and breeding new life into Meadow Lane. Nobody would have dreamt we would be sold out for various games, or even see such big attendances last season.

I don't really care to engage with politics, I try to take people at face value and I do think he's the right person to lead us forward as the chairman of Notts County.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

He gets too much stick for trying, he clearly wants to put notts back to where the club would thrive in any sort of supporting environment but gets nonsense thrown at him for it.It makes you wonder why tho. it sounds like someone else who does a lot of great things for notts without any recognition for it.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  2

His obsession with the reds and sucking up to them has to stop.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

He’s the best owner and Chairman we’ve had for along while, he’s a very shrewd business man who gets results, he’s been a success at whatever he does and I’ve no reason to believe he won’t be a complete success at Notts.

Along with that he is a local man who was brought up in Eastwood. What’s not to like?

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I know people bang on about him bigging things up and twisting the truth, but I find Alan Hardy to be refreshing with how he conducts business. He says what he thinks and he interacts with the fans, I don't care what anyone else says, he should be judged on the success and difference he makes rather than anything else. I also have no problems with him doing deals with Forest, without Grant we would have been pretty empty last season.

Hes a hardworking chairman that has built a flourishing friendship with an excellent young manager.

7 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

He’s the best owner and Chairman we’ve had for along while, he’s a very shrewd business man who gets results, he’s been a success at whatever he does and I’ve no reason to believe he won’t be a complete success at Notts.

Along with that he is a local man who was brought up in Eastwood. What’s not to like?

I’ve to it agree @Fan of Big Tone self made still approachable 

8 hours ago, Anti-Red said:

I don’t think he is mate just trying to keep things professional. 

I think he is doing a great job but I can see why fans are like they are after the history of idiots we have had as owners etc. But this is a new era and new leadership. And I think he is genuine and honest and will do what he says and not screw the fan or County. 

On 6/9/2018 at 16:23, Anti-Red said:

why? they have given us some of their better prospects in recent years and before that we had nothing.

i dont see the issue.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
31 minutes ago, liampie said:

why? they have given us some of their better prospects in recent years and before that we had nothing.

i dont see the issue.

I agree with @liampie I wouldn’t call it “sucking up” I would call it forming a relationship that is beneficial to both parties, who wouldn’t want to see players like Grant and Yates at the Lane?

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I had a few exchanges with Alan Hardy, mostly due to how he made everything sound better than it actually appeared but he has earned my respect. I wasn't keen on seeing him offer everything to people on a plate and using the media to leap the stories up but its turned out to be good PR.

He's conducting himself much better, I think most fans would agree he's handling Twitter better too.

The whole Forest thing is to forge a closer relationship with both clubs, I do think sometimes inviting or appealing for Forest fans to attend certain games is kinda desperate but you have to try various things.

Provided they don't cause trouble I have no issues, yet knowing that the Stewards look out for them it does make you wonder and or own fans can easily kick off just seeing them - Overall we wouldn't have landed Grant or Yates on loan so it's hardly a bad thing. I know after the friendly fixtures got released, there was a bit of an out cry over us not playing them in a pre season match.

That was kinda weird, seeing Notts and Forest fans being upset over it.

I just think Hardy is re-shaping the club quite well, obviously its each to their own though.

• Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, liampie said:

i dont see the issue.

Where do I begin? He's obsessed with them in every sense of the word.

After he first arrived he did nothing but speak out about how he wanted to work with them, it got to the point where it seemed he worshiped them. Their fans on Twitter take the piss and he doesn't notice, also he defended them after Yates had been recalled despite him saying that we had the agreement in writing that he would stay. I just don't like how he acts as if the two clubs have no rivalry.

• Content Count:  235
  • Days Won:  0

He's the chairman, his jobs to do the best by the club and so far I would say he is doing a fantastic job of that.

I don't dwell on Twitter, that is his personal account and I find it hard to judge him. Provided he keeps backing the manager and he makes mostly the right decisions, I fail to see how anyone could be unhappy with him.

I think with forest being championship us league 2 he wants thst relationship where they help us out like loaning us grant ... which I wouldn’t mind seeing him coming back or more of there future players cause it benefits everyone. I get the rivalry but as we are not in the same league I think it’s not as big.

• Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

It must be a learning curve taking over a football club, especially one which was on the verge of relegation. I wonder if Alan Hardy dreamed it would turn out like this? Probably not but he's learning all the time. I do wish he would ignore some of the trolls on Twitter but he will learn about them, Notts does have a fair few of those and they'll be never happy.

Personally I am, he's doing his job well and continuously backing Kevin Nolan.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

He engages with the fans, generates a lot of media focus, he's clearly hard working and he's put bums on the seats of Meadow Lane. What more could anyone want?

The fact that he has given Kevin Nolan a lot of backing speaks volumes because without the chairman's support, it only makes a managers job harder. The two seem to have a great understand and friendship. Long may it continue!

2 minutes ago, BromPie said:

He engages with the fans, generates a lot of media focus, he's clearly hard working and he's put bums on the seats of Meadow Lane. What more could anyone want?

The fact that he has given Kevin Nolan a lot of backing speaks volumes because without the chairman's support, it only makes a managers job harder. The two seem to have a great understand and friendship. Long may it continue!

Well said buddy a very positive response which I think he deserves. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

He is doing the right things with the club but I'm really not sure though.

@super_pie Your my son alright, straight to the point but you could add why your not sure matey.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

I used to be skeptical but I do think hes doing a great job, however he hasn't experienced a bad season and his mistakes have not cost us either. He may react different if the pressure is on but so far, so good.

• Content Count:  284
  • Days Won:  0

As a chairman nobody can argue that he's not putting the club first or doing a fantastic job.

On social media I would prefer him to keep his account private, all it takes is a few negative fans to pick something out and it could undone any progress made at a given time. Plus I think other clubs will watch what he says and this might not help us. Did he not once name the squad before the club one time?

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I think he named a few players, not the complete squad. I think it was players who had been out injured if i am right.

i think hes still learning but i cant fault his passion, he wants to better the club and i hope hes rewarded in the future.

Archived