Sign in to follow this  
Magic magpie

County sign Vaughan

fantastic signing, i think its good to have a experienced head in midfield. we can bring the players out around him and for league two he should be more than good enough.

very pleased by the signing.

• Like 1

I used to admire Crewe's youth system back in the day, they had dozens of really good young players coming through their ranks and many of which was at the same time. Most are playing much higher than them and David Vaughan was one.

He's a very versatile player, I would label him a creative brain in midfield.

You get nothing but his best and I'm pleased, I don't worry that he's injury prone and his age at 35 is nothing. Some wanted Neal Bishop back, I wouldn't at 37 and if the rumours I have been told are true, we have the better player. Vaughan has had the better career, he's a great player and I am certain his experience will show in a positive light.

• Like 5

The experience David Vaughan has is exceptional for this level.

I don't know understand why fans are complaining about it myself, I have noticed people saying they hope its a loan deal or that he's injury prone. Do we have the availability to be picky when it comes the best? I mean there will always be one defining factor for them to be joining a League Two team.

His quality is almost guaranteed, also his legs have not gone like Alan Smith.

Two of my Forest supporting friends have said that they wanted him to stay and that he did well with the youths coming through. It's what Notts needed since Michael O'Connorn left. I would make Vaughan our captain.

• Like 2

Cracking signing!

If people want to see young players there, we have Crawford and Patchings. Plus Hewitt who can be reliable in the centre of midfield, so I am delighted with the arrival of Vaughan.

• Like 1

What more do fans want? Notts have always signed older player and he is quality above League Two.

He could do a job in League One for me.

• Like 2

I agree that David Vaughan has a lot to offer the club.

I am not sure the clubs hype will go down well, he's 35 and most likely would have ended up in League Two anyway. I'm not saying he's not a good player, or a good coup for us. I think he is but to say it's a 'signing of intent' seems quite the stretch.

Good player, his experience does seem handy considering how flimsy we have looked in the past. I welcome the signing personally because he's played at good levels throughout his career.

The risk of injury could be outweighed by him helping to organise the midfield properly.

23 hours ago, Chris said:

I used to admire Crewe's youth system back in the day, they had dozens of really good young players coming through their ranks and many of which was at the same time. Most are playing much higher than them and David Vaughan was one.

He's a very versatile player, I would label him a creative brain in midfield.

You get nothing but his best and I'm pleased, I don't worry that he's injury prone and his age at 35 is nothing. Some wanted Neal Bishop back, I wouldn't at 37 and if the rumours I have been told are true, we have the better player. Vaughan has had the better career, he's a great player and I am certain his experience will show in a positive light.

Vaughan who can pass and attack, or Bishop that just defends and picks the ball up.

We have the better player by far.

Great signing for us, he’s well above League Two standard and we have a player that can just do the sensible stuff required.

Great signing, he looks useful as a utility player.

He can do the dirty walk at the back and express himself creatively by getting the team forward. He's not the best signing but there is still quality in him yet.

Good player, he's exactly what Notts needed since the departure of Michael O'Connor. I think he will prove his worth fairly early on, so I don't worry about his injuries as there is cover.