David Vaughan as the captain? If not, who else would you want??

TheSkipper

I think Kevin Nolan should appoint David Vaughan as the new club captain, what does every else here think?

He has a good level of experience, David's lead previous clubs and he would be an influential player on the field. If not, I would say use the friendlies as a way to mentor who has the best leadership qualities and is able to make others focus/lift them.

Richard Duffy constantly swearing and his habit of making mistakes makes me hopeful somebody else will become the captain.

If not David, who else could be?

I think it would be worth seeing how things develop first, I do agree David Vaughan could be a good captain but we need to see the full squad. Kevin Nolan may prefer to give the role to someone who has been around the squad for a few seasons. 

We don't know, especially with the lack of squad numbers being known just yet.

I actually thought this when we was rumoured to be interested. I think someone experienced is generally better than a younger person, as they tend to adapt to games better - especially those important ones whereby you need to dig deep.

If Richard Duffy gets the armband I would be disappointed.

He's not good enough to lead, he argues and doesn't accept his mistakes (rather blaming someone else). He reminds me of Roy Carroll but at least the players then deserved a kick up the arse.

David Vaughan would be an excellent choice for the captaincy.

i just want notts to have a good captain someone who can motivate and encourage, also its important for them to understand how the games going and i think duffy never understand any of this. people go on about leacock and his hair but duffy always tugged at his arm as if it made him better,

tootle and vaughan, maybe hewitt.

Vaughan would certainly be a strong candidate, but he averaged less than 20 games per season for the unmentionables over the river.  The concern would be that he wouldn't manage the majority of games.

I think he would be ideal if his fitness and injuries could be managed, someone else like Matt Tootle could make a great vice captain.

This would mean Vaughan wouldn't always have to start, similar to Richard Duffy handing over the armband to Michael O'Connor when he first came on. I think Notts do need a strong minded character on the field and has experience on his side to make a good club captain.

18 hours ago, liampie said:

i just want notts to have a good captain someone who can motivate and encourage, also its important for them to understand how the games going and i think duffy never understand any of this. people go on about leacock and his hair but duffy always tugged at his arm as if it made him better,

tootle and vaughan, maybe hewitt.

Most definitely mate 

13 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

Vaughan would certainly be a strong candidate, but he averaged less than 20 games per season for the unmentionables over the river.  The concern would be that he wouldn't manage the majority of games.

Is this due to injury or because he was overlooked?

David Vaughan on paper seems the ideal choice to become the new club captain.

I think the best man for the job would be David Vaughan.

He's got the experience, he's shown that he can take a few knocks and really he links the defence with the attacks. After seeing him feature in the Basford friendly I believe there's no one better for the task.

I think a sensible decision would be to go for someone like David Vaughan.

He has a lot of experience but to be honest, I can see Kevin Nolan choosing someone else like Richard Duffy. I will be looking out for who captains the team tomorrow.

Archived