Will we miss .... Grant

Magic magpie

I think we may, but I do feel Notts will be stronger as a team.

Last season the players was guilty of expecting Jorge Grant to dig us out of situations, we piled the pressure and expectations onto him - he thrived with Ryan Yates but when he left he struggled. Grant at his best, he'd walk this league but he needs good players to push him and of course a team mate he knows well must have helped.

Personally, I think the squad has grown in strengthen and we have more depth with quality. I think Grant might struggle unless he was fully focused because other players should be capable of doing the creative stuff.

11 minutes ago, Chris said:

I think we may, but I do feel Notts will be stronger as a team.

Last season the players was guilty of expecting Jorge Grant to dig us out of situations, we piled the pressure and expectations onto him - he thrived with Ryan Yates but when he left he struggled. Grant at his best, he'd walk this league but he needs good players to push him and of course a team mate he knows well must have helped.

Personally, I think the squad has grown in strengthen and we have more depth with quality. I think Grant might struggle unless he was fully focused because other players should be capable of doing the creative stuff.

As normal @Chris a very detailed and very comprehensive view my mate I agree mate. I will miss him he was a good player and so down to earth and a bloke. Let’s hope he stays fit for next season andnolays well I wish him all the luck in the world but I think we may miss him.

If the signings work hard to perform together, I don't think Notts will miss Jorge Grant.

Don't get me wrong I would welcome him back in a heat beat, but I think the quality is there this season. Grant shines better when he's the star player, we may miss his goals and the skill but not so much as a performer.

I love Grant. Such a humble bloke who just hasn't had the opportunity to tie down to one club and make himself someones item instead hes a product of a loan system. We will miss him and could only think what he would have been like in this seasons team. Put him LM instead of Nathan Thomas and we would've had a right team. Still think this special loan move could be Mason Bennett or Luke Thomas

Supporter+

Definitely miss him and his goals but that’s football as @liampie says we have to move on now with our present squad, let’s not dwell on the past.

12 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Definitely miss him and his goals but that’s football as @liampie says we have to move on now with our present squad, let’s not dwell on the past.

yeah theres no point dwelling on the past, hes moved on and so have we.

Archived