Which player has been the biggest disappointment so far?

AmericanPie

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Which player has been the biggest disappointment so far and why?

It's early days, players can and most likely will improve but until then I would like to know what the PON community thinks.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Brisley. He was very good last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

fitzsimons his poor start has impacted the team the most, he does not command his area, he does not organise it. all the things people praised him for last season he is failing and i think the defence dont have any confidence in him.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Fitzsimmons has been disappointing, not commanding enough for a goalkeeper. Lack of confidence maybe. But when collin was going through a bad spell last season many of us wanting Fitz back after his reckless outburst which saw him suspended. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I would say Dan Jones, he can't be the root of most of the issues with how far he attacks.

He doesn't track back very well, leaving other defenders vulnerable. I usually defend him, as he gets a lot of unfair flack in my opinion but I hate to say it, he's been far the most disappointing player because he can be rock solid. I also can't say Ross Fitzsimons because there was always going to be a struggle with him taking the first choice goalkeeper position, he's a rookie just like Kevin Nolan and needs more experience. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Brisely, Fitz and Tootle. Toots has not made an impact as of yet but he normally does and was labelled "one of the best RB's in L1 and L2" at one stage last season. Yes he was in form but is by no means one of the best. Bang average I would go as far to say. Brisely I think is just lacking some confidence in the new defensive style of play so I will expect him to get back to normal working soon. Fitz just is not a football league goalkeeper yet, he would benefit from time out on loan but his CV is nowhere near strong enough.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Brisley. A shadow of the player he was last year. Same with Jones

Thomas looks idle

Too many to point out 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Richard Duffy.

He masquerades as a defender and captain, for all the praise he earned during the pre season he has been extremely poor. I feel his performances and weaknesses are impacting the good players around him and I don't feel he's a very good captain,

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Shaun Brisley for me.

I am temped to say Ross Fitzsimons or Richard Duffy, but Brisley looks noticeably slower and lacking. He's half the the player he was last season and he's just been very poor so far.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

58 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

Shaun Brisley for me.

I am temped to say Ross Fitzsimons or Richard Duffy, but Brisley looks noticeably slower and lacking. He's half the the player he was last season and he's just been very poor so far.

I think this fair to say.

I don't feel people should be too harsh because we know what type of player the club has when he plays his best, it's about getting him back to that level of performance.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  363
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Chris said:

I would say Dan Jones, he can't be the root of most of the issues with how far he attacks.

He doesn't track back very well, leaving other defenders vulnerable. I usually defend him, as he gets a lot of unfair flack in my opinion but I hate to say it, he's been far the most disappointing player because he can be rock solid. I also can't say Ross Fitzsimons because there was always going to be a struggle with him taking the first choice goalkeeper position, he's a rookie just like Kevin Nolan and needs more experience. 

Dan Jones has been poor since the start of the season from what I have seen.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  534
  • Days Won:  1

Biggest disappointment is Ross Fitzsimons, he's been very poor and it's difficult to see how he can recover with the players in front of him.

Archived