Interviews this afternoon

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

According to Charlie Slater the board have drawn up a short list of candidates and are interviewing this afternoon but have got to talk to clubs to get permission to speak to them, that suggests all or some are in work.

Not Charlie McParland then 😥

He also said that he expected the new man to be in place for Saturdays game and Darren Flaetcher is still on the board and working normally contrary to twitter rumours.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Harry Kewell is in line for an interview I would imagine. Chettle will also get one in my opinion and he will also take charge of the FGR I think. I've just asked SkyBet for John Terry as a request a bet because hes flown under the radar and it's a typical JT thing to pop up with a job like this. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,065
  • Days Won:  54

Pretty underwhelming names in L2 assuming the better managers will be happy at their current clubs. Kewell in particular he's been alright at Crawley but nowhere near as good as KN was with us (bar the start of the season). I wonder if we're delving into the National League for our next manager? Dave Challinor from AFC Fylde, Daryl McMahon from Ebsfleet or Paul Doswell from Sutton United all have decent records. Anyone here follow a bit of non-league football? I can't say I know much.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Kevin Nolan was inexperienced many doubted him but he turned out decent last season this season has been underwhelming not by his own fault. We just need someone experienced who can deal with pressure and a good success history. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

We need someone with a track record of getting the best out of players.

I don't really care if they haven't won promotion before, provided that they have saved a club from relegation and can work with a small budget. I doubt any loan players will arrive, so it will most likely be a manager and a few new coaches. An experienced duo would be nice!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

Inexperienced managers should be rejected, I really think this has to be the way forward.

Hopefully someone can then be appointed by Wednesday so they can get on with training and the job required.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  739
  • Days Won:  3

I would rather the board take time and careful consideration when appointing the next manager, I have no issues with Steve Chettle managing Notts for two games like the rumour suggests that he will be given a chance to become the manager.

He won't win a game, so there is no worry about that happening.

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

2 games with chettle in charge would be depressing.

the club could have given nolan the chance to turn things around whilst they explored their options, if harry kewell gets the job i will seriously question the club and board. it needs to be someone with experience. i hope its soon rather than later.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

12 minutes ago, liampie said:

2 games with chettle in charge would be depressing.

the club could have given nolan the chance to turn things around whilst they explored their options, if harry kewell gets the job i will seriously question the club and board. it needs to be someone with experience. i hope its soon rather than later.

Agreed. If Harry Kewell turns up at the Lane then we should all be questioning why KN was sacked in the first place.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,904
  • Days Won:  17

Just thinking if Harry Kewell is the next one in, well we may as well have stuck with Kevin Nolan. COYP

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Well I have to agree on the prospect of Kewell I don’t think he’s pulled up any trees but let’s wait and see it might be someone else.

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

please dont talk about kewell i am having nightmares now, if he gets appointed ah will have lost his mind. we should have stuck with kn because no of the managers make me feel that they could do the job.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I would have gotten a temporary manager in who knows the club and then review the managerial position at the end of the season.

None of the managers shout out that they are an improvement over Kevin Nolan, each seem to have their own risk and right now I think someone who knows the club [not you Steve Chettle] would do a far better job.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Whispers are flying around and Harry Kewell is the main name on everybody's lips. But we need experience and for me Kewell hasn't done anything spectacular yet. 

• Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

On 27/08/2018 at 15:42, Bainbridge NCFC said:

Kevin Nolan was inexperienced many doubted him but he turned out decent last season this season has been underwhelming not by his own fault. We just need someone experienced who can deal with pressure and a good success history. 

Well said buddy sumed up in a great sentence or two👍🏻👍🏻👏👏

• Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

20 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Well I have to agree on the prospect of Kewell I don’t think he’s pulled up any trees but let’s wait and see it might be someone else.

It’s a waiting game now .. 

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

If Harry Kewell wanted to speak to Notts what was the hold up all about? It seemed like Alan Hardy always wanted him and I would hope that the £400k rumours are false because that is silly money to pay for a manager.

Archived