Sign in to follow this  
menzinho

Andy Boyle on Loan?

We're interested apparently, he's a centre back from Preston with one international cap for Ireland, but he's only 5'10". (Maybe he's got some leap on him?)

I wonder if it was someone KN was looking to bring in? It would be strange to sign someone without the new manager being in place.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/3046928/motherwell-and-notts-county-keen-to-land-andy-boyle-on-loan-from-preston-north-end-as-kevin-oconnor-joins-crewe-Alexandra/

• Like 8

if motherwell want him he should be good enough for league two, the height can be someone else. if he can organise and tackle, it would be a big bonus.

• Like 1

5'10" isn't a negative as I am seeing, it depends on if he can organise the defence and do the dirty work others are failing to do now.

I think he's got pedigree about him, it's just a case of if we will sign him.

@menzinho Thanks for the tip off.

This should lead well into the discussion here now.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Chris said:

5'10" isn't a negative as I am seeing, it depends on if he can organise the defence and do the dirty work others are failing to do now.

I think he's got pedigree about him, it's just a case of if we will sign him.

@menzinho Thanks for the tip off.

This should lead well into the discussion here now.

Give him a chance I say .. you never know roll the flaming dice ..

It's a question over his ability to do the job, if Motherwell are keen to acquire his services that should speak volumes about his ability.

Does he have the physical presence to deal with life in League Two?

This should be the question.

• Like 1

If he can defend and play the ball, I would take him in a heart beat regardless of his size.

He could be the missing piece and someone who could tighten up the rocky defence, his experience seems to tick the boxes too.

If it keeps an out of form Richard Duffy or Shaun Brisley out the squad and opens the door for Ben Hall to start with him by all means sign him up.