Would you change the defence when everyone is fit.?

Magic magpie

I would be mindful about not changing something that works well, it just doesn't normally pay off but from time to time the odd change doesn't hurt. It sometimes helps with tactics and giving a player time to recover from being warn out.

Right now I'd avoid making changes, I don't Bird or Hall would add anything but cover at this stage.

4 hours ago, Who r ya?? You Pies!! said:

It would be good to have the competition for places, but as you say @Magic magpie or ya grandad said if it not broke don’t fix it , I’m in that school of thought as well, while it’s not pretty it is effective and we are going up the league slowly but surely, coyp 

Most definitely mate it’s nit the fear but the unsureity if they will perform as we have been.

2 hours ago, Chris said:

I would be mindful about not changing something that works well, it just doesn't normally pay off but from time to time the odd change doesn't hurt. It sometimes helps with tactics and giving a player time to recover from being warn out.

Right now I'd avoid making changes, I don't Bird or Hall would add anything but cover at this stage.

Some good points mate really good 👍🏻

Reading some really good points I’m unsure my self .. one hand I think as my grandad did not change it as it’s not broken .. but the rotation bit also makes sense makes them hungry for a place. But right now I probably 🤔🤔🤔 wouldn’t change anything .. or would I ??? Still on the fence 

change it? why?? it makes no sense to change what works.

one adjustment could make it harder for someone else to do well and i dont think bird is what people think. u21 caps can be handed out like christmas cards. you just have to think about alan hardy bigging up the will patching signing as an england international.

1 hour ago, liampie said:

change it? why?? it makes no sense to change what works.

one adjustment could make it harder for someone else to do well and i dont think bird is what people think. u21 caps can be handed out like christmas cards. you just have to think about alan hardy bigging up the will patching signing as an england international.

Agree totally. We finally seem tighter and a unit as a back 5 so changing it for the sake of it is daft. No team can avoid injuries etc...but keep it together. Let the rest use games like Tuesdays for a run out and then see.

The defence needs to be left alone while it works, if someone stops performing or needs to be changed. It has to be address then but right now I wouldn't want Harry Kewell to change much of the squad let alone the back four.

They are giving Ross Fitzsimons the protections he needs and one change could alter this.

Archived