Does Richard Duffy have a future at Notts County?

AmericanPie

No, I think his time is done. It has finally been proven that he is too small and lightweight nowadays to be a centre half. Never been a fan of his theatrics in throwing himself to the ground in order to try and get a free kick and would put him at least fourth in line, behind Ward, Turley and Brisley. The only way I can see him getting back into the side (without injuries) is if we switch to a back three and I can't see that happening in the near future as our squad isn't balanced for it.

No, Same as @Fozzy said. I think his time at Notts is over and he was only kept on because he was one of Nolan's favourites. He has been stripped of the captaincy and can't see him getting ahead of any of the backup defenders we've got, He is at the bottom of the pile I am afraid maybe even behind Keston Davies.

No he's been found out.

When we signed him I felt we had gotten a very good player at this level, however I can see why he wasn't under contract at the time we signed him and I have said for too long that he's a mistake waiting to happen. Yes, we have looked better at times with him in the squad but compared to Jamie Turley and Elliott Ward there's no way that I can see him getting into the squad.

I said when Haydn Hollis was released that Duffy had to be next.

He's just not good enough, he mind find form elsewhere but here he just doesn't do the job. Shaun Brisley is a far better defender, so those that call him should really take a look at Duffy (and quit defending him).

At the minute no .. he told me at the last home game his injury would be a few more weeks but if the defence keeps improving and standing firm I don’t think he will cause he dose tend to go in hard at times and his temper dose fray but that’s passion for me shows he loves his job we all have different perception of passion. 

It will be interesting to see what happens.  For now, I would take HK at his word... anyone putting in the graft and showing what they've got during training can fight their way back into the match-day squad.  Given that Richard Duffy was team captain under Kevin Nolan, then it was something of a surprise to see that he appeared to be overweight and the least fit of a visibly unfit bunch.  HK will have observed that from even before he took the reins, so RD has a lot to prove in terms of fitness and attitude, even before considering his ability.

i have given him enough chances and people need to accept he was a part of notts that has struggled to work out. duffy keeps showing that hes a weakness and if notts are to improve further they need to strengthen further from ward and turley, so how does this leave duffy room to come back?

Archived