Chettle

ivansneck

What's his exact role? Youth/Academy Manager???

I would keep him if he's working with the youngsters and reserves, otherwise I would get rid. I think Mark Crossley needs to depart personally, nothing against him but I think a change of goalkeeping coach would bring the best out of Ross Fitzsimons further and the young Max.

Chettle was never brought in to do first team affairs. He's purely just a care-taker who has been given a taste of league football. Going back to the academy is his day job as he keeps saying in his interviews. Hopefully league football will have given him an idea of where to go from here. Anyone who wants him out is a fool. First team was never on the agenda. 

Absolutely gutted to read this thread only to realise that it isn't news that he has left the building. The bloke is useless and can leave now along with his red dog mate Crossley. I just hope that Ardley realises that they are one of the problems at this club and removes them both pretty quickly. 

2 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Absolutely gutted to read this thread only to realise that it isn't news that he has left the building. The bloke is useless and can leave now along with his red dog mate Crossley. I just hope that Ardley realises that they are one of the problems at this club and removes them both pretty quickly. 

thats one way to put it fozzy. 😆

i think he should go too, along with crossley who seems useless and the new fitness coach could move on. can we not get someone who leads by example rather than a butch chubby guy who the players look at and question his ability?

Steve Chettle is experienced working within the Non League, he has little to no experience in the football league and as a youth team coach he seems a bizarre choice to have. I would rather him see out his contract then leave, there's no point paying him compensation.

6 minutes ago, upthepies said:

Steve Chettle is experienced working within the Non League, he has little to no experience in the football league and as a youth team coach he seems a bizarre choice to have. I would rather him see out his contract then leave, there's no point paying him compensation.

That sounds about right because he never seemed good enough for notts.

I think he was out of depth as caretaker but I do feel he is someone who works well with younger players, I would keep him. I don't mind Steve Chettle at all. I think some just dislike him because he played for Forest.

Likewise with Mark Crossley.

Archived