Who will captain Notts under Ardley.?

Magic magpie

So with the appointment of the new gaffer will bring some changes to meadow lane back room staff tactics formation set pieces etc. But there is one question ive got in my mind I wanted to ask what you guys thought and it’s this.

John stead, Robert milsom and Duffy have taken the arm band under Kewell and Duffy under Kevin Nolan will Neal change things. ? 

So who will be the captain under the new gaffer.? 

Hopefully Jon Stead will, he did very well before getting injured.

I would personally be tempted to give the armband to Jamie Turley, I have the upmost respect for him and I think he would lead in the right way. I would avoid Rob Milsom has he goes missing and seems a bit inconsistent, other than that maybe Matt Tootle but I think he will be out for awhile.

Difficult to predict really because we don’t know how the players have reacted to Neal on his arrival. 

I am sure he will have spent hours watching video footage of games so he will know in his own mind who could do a job for him.

lets face it a proper skipper is what we’ve been missing since O’Connor got injured.

Jon Stead is the outstanding choice, he's experienced, leads by example and commands respect.

However, he's no spring chicken and misses a lot of games for a captain. Will that give Ardley second thoughts? And if not, who takes the armband when he's out? It's hard to tell. It would be good to have a regular starter who can grow into the role.

On 02/12/2018 at 19:32, Chris said:

Hopefully Jon Stead will, he did very well before getting injured.

I would personally be tempted to give the armband to Jamie Turley, I have the upmost respect for him and I think he would lead in the right way. I would avoid Rob Milsom has he goes missing and seems a bit consistent, other than that maybe Matt Tootle but I think he will be out for awhile.

GIVE IT KING TURLEY.

I would support Jamie for the vice roll too. Lead by example!

Notts don't need a Captain Pugwash ,Nemo,Haddock,Sensible or Ahab.They do need a Captain Kirk to beam them up the League 2 table please Scotty.

Archived