Trialists at Coalville v Notts

Piethagoram

I sometimes don't see the point in trialists, once you play them in a friendly it alerts other clubs and if a player is good enough, surely they're worth signing on what a scout says.

It makes me think some might not be deemed good enough or ready just yet.

With the reserve team in place it made a lot sense, as the players tended to be younger and more upcoming.

We'll find out who exactly the players are tomorrow, I have been told there might be a third trialist who is expected to start tomorrow.

Sounded like a centre back but I honestly can comment further on the speculation. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yet it does look as if the recruitment is stepping up.

The trialists seem to be players who will give us more grit going forward, I know Ian Burchnall spoke about trying to get some of the deals done before the game or early next week. Once we know who's who, if they're good enough - Notts needs to act fast to ensure they don't go elsewhere.

It won't take long for the fans to confirm if it is one of the players mentioned in here, I never understand why clubs try so hard to keep it quiet especially when they have a friendly coming up. Just sign them if they're good enough.

Playing Coalville Town is hardly going to be a test for them.

19 hours ago, PON_News said:

Speculation into the players are:

Alex Mighten - Nottingham Forest
Lamine Kaba Sherif - Formerly of Accrington Stanley

Or,

Virgil Gomes has also been thrown as a potential name [clarification - isn't he a striker?]

MIghten is contracted to Forest?

Hopefully it's Sherif and not Gomis. Always remember him sprinting the entire pitch only to dribble it out for a goal kick. Terrible. 

Archived