Plans for tennis complex at the San Sirrel

Piethagoram

With so much land being up for sale around Meadow Lane, it might be worth our owners looking into purchasing some of it themselves - such as where The Globe stands. It could be a decent match day venue, that could alternatively be a nice place for a meal. The issue with parking could be resolved by allowing people to park on site of the ground.

Also, the torn down factory near the train lans - there's plenty of space to build a training ground there.

No, Notts doesn't have all the money in the world but it's investments that our owners could explore with their own money and, then look into bridging into the clubs operations.

The way the article is written it sounds like it's something the club are financing, no other party has been mentioned in the article.

No dates or actual time-frame though, so no idea when it might actually happen.

Upcoming sport, but hopefully there's enough interested people to make it a viable project, once you've built it the upkeep should be quite minimal.

@Piethagoram Is that what its supposed to look like? I don't think its befitting of the stadium.

Part of me thinks the money could help bring in additional revenue, the other half thinks it could be better spent of buying a training facility outright. The club will need to hire people who can make it work and I would imagine that will cost money.

It seems a bit of a risk to me, I don't know how many would take this up or pay. As suggested by @liampie, a gym would be more universal and during certain times it could remain private to the squad, opening up the general public later.

Worth looking into tying it in with the Portland Centre and season ticket holders.

I think Ray Trew had plans to turn the area into the biggest restaurant in the world, at least I think I remember him saying that.

Don't forget about Alan Hardy's plans too, I am not suggest the Danish brothers are adding fluff like our previous owners but sometimes things don't always work out.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/plans-flats-hotel-balcony-views-1321262

Does anyone else recall RT mentioning a restaurant at Meadow Lane?

Archived