Goals Scored: 6
Goals Conceded: 19

Leyton Orient: LLDWWW
Goals Scored: 9
Goals Conceded: 7

Last Time We Met
Tuesday 17th September 2013

Leyton Orient 5-1 Notts County
Goal Scorer(s) - Lisbie (28, 45 min(s)) Cox (56 min) Haynes (71 min) Batt (80 min) and Stockley (84 min).

Leyton Orient: Jones, Omozusi, Cuthbert, Baudry, Clarke, Vincelot, Cox, James, Odubajo, Lisbie, Mooney.
Used Subs: Batt (62), Stockley (82) and Lasimant (86).

Notts County: Bialkowski, Sheehan, Liddle, Leacock, Grealish, McGregor, Fotheringham, Stevens, Boucaud, Bell, Haber.
Used Subs: Smith (46) Arquin (46) and Murray (65).

http://www.prideofnottingham.co.uk/home/news/the-match-officials-r264' target='_blank'>Match Officials » - http://prideofnottingham.co.uk/community/topic/1362-leyton-orient-h-will-you-be-attending/' target='_blank'>Attendance Thread » - http://www.prideofnottingham.co.uk/home/previews/stat-attack-notts-county-v-leyton-orient-r265' target='_blank'>Match Preview »

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

It's Going to be a Tough one. 

Please Please just plug that hole or we might actually get into Double Figures. 

Although We Must Must Must......Start to play 2 up front. I've been bored  for some time now, Actually it was around the time of Hughesy leaving, was adopted 1 up front. 

Can we rise to the occasion, or wither and Die? I'm going for the First

Notts County 2 - 1 Leyton O

Merreh

Tyson 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I admire your optimism,  but I would advocate extending the scoreboard to fit, otherwise the amount of goals conceded will have to be written too small to be visible with the naked eye...

On the other hand, we might just pull off the shock of the weekend...

Notts 1 Orient 3 seems a more sensible outcome.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,299
  • Days Won:  28

Tough game and not a good one to face after our recent form. I can only hope for the best but i don't think we will win this one.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Leyton Orient do the basics very well, they play as a team. They've a good partnership upfront and a manager who's getting his tactics spot on. Are they punching above their weight? I suspect they're a little, it does seem another 'Tranmere Rovers' situation but I reckon Orient will be able to keep it going. I see them either securing 2nd place (which right now might not be the case) or finishing 3rd for 4th.

Are they unbeatable? Of course not.

They perform knowing that they can win, they have a feel good factor and these things really help teams.

Can I see Notts winning? It depends which side turns up. I think they'll be in this one more, god I hope so because I don't want to see the fans turning on them! I personally see a comfortable Orient win, I'll go with 2-0. However, we will score! It will be ruled out for something daft like offside.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Orient are due to lose and we're due to win! You never know ! We can only live in hope.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

This is kind of a similar situation to when we played Wolves at Meadow Lane. We went into that game off the back of an FA Cup exit to lower league opposition and a 5-1 pasting at Oldham during the week. Nobody gave us much hope, ourselves included, but we battled really well that game. We faught to the bitter end, and the 1-0 loss was one of the cruelest defeats of the season, we definitely deserved something that day.

I'd like to think we could put in a similar type of performance in similar circumstances this weekend. West Ham lost 6-0 to Man City, and have since won 5 of their last 7 league games to climb up to the relative safety of midtable. We could really do with repeating that feat.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

i dont think we have any chance whatsoever, tho i would like to think we can make a difference.

if orient score early, we will sink. i see no fighting spirit now, no passion and its horrible. i think they could hammer us like they did last time, my concern is really about the margin in which we lose.

4-1... Tyson to score on his debut.

• Content Count:  486

Anything could happen! It is about time we sprang a surprise - and, we are due for a win alright.

Defeat on Sat and a failure to win on Tues and it's curtains IMO, all over, kaput, doomed. So, all to play for. Come on you Piiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeees.

• Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Even with another frustrating weekend slipping slowly away, we don't have a chance here or the Tuesday after. For me the fat lady has sung already!

If we do pull a surprise win, it will need to be followed up straight after with another one and I cant see us doing 2 surprises on the bounce!

Hope we do, but I'm picking up my new motor on Saturday so i'll be trying all the buttons in it. 

• Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

not a chance in hell cant see us scoring and can see it being as bad as rotherham if not worse and im trying 2 be positive.

• Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

@william1984 Try and be Negative for once. It could have a reverse effect. 

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Leyton Orient are a well drilled side. They do the basics well and have put together a very capable squad. They are everything I'd like Notts County to be. If we get anything out of the game then it will be a welcome surprise.

Leyton Orient are a well drilled side. They do the basics well and have put together a very capable squad. They are everything I'd like Notts County to be. If we get anything out of the game then it will be a welcome surprise.

They've done very well this season, Russell Slade said earlier in the year that he wanted his side to 'compete' and that his expectations were to be mid table. He's gone over that, it shows you how important a good start is and how the buzz of the camp can make people believe. I'm surprised they're doing so well, though they do have a great foundation.

Plenty of sides I wouldn't mind Notts being like, I think if we can get back into League One (if we do go down) our aim should be similar to MK Don's without the 'We'll go up this season'.

Basically a top/good League One team but don't over push it. Success would come with hard work and a little waiting.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

They've done very well this season, Russell Slade said earlier in the year that he wanted his side to 'compete' and that his expectations were to be mid table. He's gone over that, it shows you how important a good start is and how the buzz of the camp can make people believe. I'm surprised they're doing so well, though they do have a great foundation.

Plenty of sides I wouldn't mind Notts being like, I think if we can get back into League One (if we do go down) our aim should be similar to MK Don's without the 'We'll go up this season'.

Basically a top/good League One team but don't over push it. Success would come with hard work and a little waiting.

We should be a League One side. Championship might be a step too far. We are certainly better than League 2. We are under achieving at the moment.

We should be a League One side. Championship might be a step too far. We are certainly better than League 2. We are under achieving at the moment.

Fully agree with you.

I think if we have any chance remaining of staying up (which is now gone for me), I think we'll have to start winning games which the fans think isn't possible and get 'em behind the lads again. If we can draw or beat Orient, that would be good but I certainly see League Two next season. Stability is the key word for me!

COYP!

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

This will not be a easy game for us as we lost the away fixture 5-1 and our form is not good at the moment. But every one counted us out against coventry but we won that 3-0. I think on saturday we could  win if we do i don't think it will be a big score a 1-0 or 2-1 i think shaun will not them give up. We the fan are doing our bit they need to do theres 

COYP

• Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

This is kind of a similar situation to when we played Wolves at Meadow Lane. We went into that game off the back of an FA Cup exit to lower league opposition and a 5-1 pasting at Oldham during the week. Nobody gave us much hope, ourselves included, but we battled really well that game. We faught to the bitter end, and the 1-0 loss was one of the cruelest defeats of the season, we definitely deserved something that day.

I'd like to think we could put in a similar type of performance in similar circumstances this weekend. West Ham lost 6-0 to Man City, and have since won 5 of their last 7 league games to climb up to the relative safety of midtable. We could really do with repeating that feat.

The club have linked Mullins saying similar today, I just dont see it lad. We will need to see commitment and effort from each, its got to the point where the players are clearly effected.

Orient will not be a push over.

If we beat them, then I will be even more concerned. Too many false dawns already, not enough time to change but we can accept this. Move on and keep backing the club we support. Im afraid its 3-0 to them from me. We may sneak it by 2 goals to 1 but I do not see it.

• Content Count:  896

There isn't a doubt in my mind that this game be a tough one.

After Rotherham, we need to get a grip and quickly. what happened there? 6! 6 goals!! Oh come on Notts! For me it will signal the curtain call very soon and in the minds of the majority of fans it be the same. Leyton Orient arent a side which are riding a wave, massive amount of work done by Slade this season.

Will Notts win? Not in my mind but there isnt a reason why it could happen. This is football and stranger things have happened, yet I see a Notts defeat. 2-1, 1-0, 2-0. Its anyones guess!

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

@upthepies I agree when you say it's clearly effecting players now. You can tell how fragile they are mentally. By all accounts we were the better side for the first 10 minutes at Rotherham, but as soon as the first goal went in the heads dropped and there was no belief that they could get back into it. Low and behold, the game is over after half an hour.

I actually think it's affecting Bart quite badly. Watching the extended highlights, he looked the shakiest I've ever seen him at Notts. IT's as if the constant barrage he's under has started to affect him mentally. There's no denying he's a fantastic goalkeeper but the number of goals we let in (not him, we conceed due to issues elsewhere most of the time) has knocked his confidence badly.

Thing is this isn't the time to throw youngsters in either. If you put them out there and they go down 5 or 6-0 it could destroy them mentally.

If we play as well as we know we can, ie Coventry the other week, we're a match for anyone. But that sums up our season dosen't it? One week we're fantastic, the next it's the worst performance of the season.

• Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

@weymouthPIE Bart does not appear to have any confidence in the players in front of him, the foul for the penalty was a decision he would not have made in my opinion if the people near to their player had dealt with the threat.

It will be interesting to see which players drop their heads when they come out and is Dumbuya ready to set back into the starting line up?

• Content Count:  173
  • Days Won:  2

No reason why notts can't win, home crowd and a good performance. One of the best teams this season, its all for them to throw a way.

Time to prove we can avoid the drop.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Well, I don't think we could possibly be at a lower ebb than we are now. Only a miracle will stop us from dropping down to League 2, and after such a resounding defeat and abysmal performance - I was there on Saturday and it was so bad that even the Millers fans were embarrassed for Notts - I think the chance of us recording a good result on Saturday is slim to none. Then again, I can't see it being a whitewash, but Orient will be too strong for us. 2-0 defeat for the Magpies.

• Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

The teams got a funny name!

I hope we can still mount a challenge to stay up but if we don't let in 6 goals, that will be a bonus. I am really disappointed in our last result, this one must be better for us.

• Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  16

Come on Notts!!

You could do us a massive favour by defeating the O's this weekend. The only way we (Millers) can get anywhere near the top two is for either Orient or Brentford to have a Tranmere style meltdown in the next half dozen games.

Orient are a very, very good side though

Archived