Notts County vs Port Vale

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I had my concerns about Fleetwood, though I am confused and unsure how we will do against Port Vale. It's a tough game to call because both sides are unpredictable, however on paper and form it would obviously sway in favour of the away team and of course we do ourselves no favours when we play at Meadow Lane.

Some fans might see this as an easy game to write off, however I hope people turn up.

Despite the mistakes Derry is and has made, he's human and I do feel we should keep in mind that he is still inexperienced when it comes to him as a manager. I just hope he's learned that a lone striker is negative and that it doesn't work, I hope Garry Thompson plays upfront because that would make me think we have some chance of scoring.

My brothers predicted a narrow 1-0, I certainly hope so.

I think the game will be quite tight, so mistakes have to be avoidable and concentration levels kept high.

My gut feeling is that the game will see goals, yet I do feel Notts can respond here. My score prediction will be 2-1, I don't have much hopes on the new winger being a shinning light but if he scores it would make me happy.

What do you think about the game? Score predictions?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  0

Well hell will be let loose if we don't win or draw, I can see them scoring two flukes and sinking us. If we score before them, it might end differently.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

i dont want to think about us losing.

i think if the players put the work in we can get the job done, i am just nervous about our defence and i also dont see where the goals will come from if they go ahead. we just dont seem to be the same side as the one at the start of the season, the fight and passion is dying in my opinion. perhaps this is because of confidence but we need to respond now rather than later.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's gotta be a win for us, we sure need one. 

I think this is where I'll be glad to behind safety if it does go wrong, I feel very nervous when we go into games expecting wins under our current form but it really is time to get back to winning ways.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Like I said elsewhere, if Paddy Mc starts as fit then that in itself should be enough to solve a few problems. Again the same old same old with 'is it one or two up front' comes into play. 

As I say every match I sincerely hope he throws caution to the wind and sets out an attacking side with the clear instructions to pass forwards rather than hoof and hope.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

I think if we Have 40 points in March then the signs are good for Leauge 1 football next season

We'll win this one 1-0

Bajner

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

What are the chances of us winning at home? I am starting to forget what watching Notts do that is like.

If Derry plays two strikers, we will always have a chance but I think he will lineup defensively against Port Vale. 3-1 Notts, I will stick my neck on the line here.

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

For the one vale fan questions, I predicted a 1-0 win with Bajner being the only one to have his goal count!

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  18

I guess it depends if we retain the ball well, that sounds like something we fail with doing properly. I think we'll do fine!

2-0 Notts.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Port Vale are a decent side. I don't think there is that much better us and them. We beat them at their place in August, but we are a shadow of the side that won that game. I reckon a draw is the most likely outcome. We won't keep a clean sheet. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743
  • Days Won:  3

Please ,please win and put in a really good performance for my old man(super's attending) and all the Notts faithful.

• Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I reckon we can win now with JCR and Paddy bombing down the wings and crossing pin point balls to big Balint. Whoo hoo bring on Saturday. :happy banana::clapping:

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

I reckon we can win now with JCR and Paddy bombing down the wings and crossing pin point balls to big Balint. Whoo hoo bring on Saturday. :happy banana::clapping:

Liked and agreed  :happy banana:  :happy banana:  :happy banana:  :happy banana:  :happy banana:

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

Let's not get carried away, we stand a good chance and I don't want ruin anyone's optimistic views but they are still the inform team.

• Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Let's not get carried away, we stand a good chance and I don't want ruin anyone's optimistic views but they are still the inform team.

I feel all deflated again. :ohdear:

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,234
  • Days Won:  69

I'll be there for this one,please don't spoil my day!

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I have heard the news.... 8-0 if we have both wingers and two up top... even paddy mcginty and his goat would score.. never mind paddy McCourt

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,454
  • Days Won:  5

We stand a better chance with two good wingers who can take on players, I like Hayhurst but he has been less impressive after his debut appearance. My only criticism is that I would hope we dont just give Campbell-Ryce the bloody ball and tell him to run.

Noble and Thompson in the middle should work better also. COYP!

3-1 Notts

• Content Count:  38

I hope we go with noble and thompson down the middle and with jcr and ct down the flanks we should create plenty of chances. Score first we should win 3 1 notts.

• Content Count:  8

So looks like most see a Notts win against form although most going for a tight, nail biting, bit of luck sort of game. I am going to go out a limb here. I think Notts will have a tough half hour and, providing they don't buckle there, will start to realise that they can play football. Should this be the case and we score a decent first and a lucky second we will go on and score at least 1 more. However, if we drop into defending too deep or hitting those 'high dropping ballerz' then I fear we will succumb to the dreaded tenth...

Positive mind says 4-1 Notts.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,299
  • Days Won:  28

I would hope we can get 3 points out of this game. It shouldn't be as hard as previous games.

Archived