Swindon Town vs Notts County

Chris

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

So, we'll either go into this game expecting them to slaughter us (which I honestly don't think will happen myself) or we will give them a semi decent game, if we played well here and got a decent result I think it should send a much more positive message. I expect the game to actually be much closer than what it was at Meadow Lane - I am confident having more creativity in midfield and fire power upfront will actually aid us in getting anything from the game.

As always it will probably depend on whoever scores first, I just hope if we do - We don't push for a second or sit back, as either way it's likely to lead to us encountering problems.

Whilst, I hope the players re-watch the home highlights - I sort of think they'll end up shouting at the screen.

We just need to block, win back the ball and do whatever we can (bar fouling them) in order to stop them running at us.

By far the better team I have seen all season, so there is that chance we could be in for a repeat but I think we will have learned from that. I'm going to be brave and say I think we'll actually lead this game, though that doesn't mean I think we will win. My heart and head tells me that this one may finish 2-2, so I'm going for that.

I wonder what @medievalmickey thinks.

What about you? What do think the score will be? What are your concerns and how do you think the game will go?

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,391
  • Days Won:  18

Tough game, it would have been easier had we have stuck a couple a way against Colchester but a wins a win. I think they will mostly play far better than us, do I will say 2-0 to them.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Swindon are on a bad run. 1 win in 6 games. Gillingham destroyed them on Tuesday. Still, I don't think we'll get anything out of the game. 3-1 to them. Lita scoring on his full debut.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

its possible we could win, in football anything is possible but i dont think its likely to happen.

we have had a high with playing pretty well in two games and actually winning for the first time in awhile, now we will have another down and the calls for derry to be kicked out will grow louder. we will bounce back after and wonder why it went like the way it did, meanwhile some will realize that we played well in this game. if we avoid having over 2 knocked passed us, it will be a good result.

i just hope they dont bite us in the ar*e.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

I think we can go into the game fairly confident, we have been playing much better.

We have started to create good chance and although we seem to still struggle to score the goals, this can come with confidence. I think there is a chance we can go and do well, a draw would be that for me which is what I think will happen. 2-2!

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,454
  • Days Won:  5

If they play well enough they might slaughter us, though I think we will do well in defence.

Things have improved quite a lot, compared to games where we are out of them for large periods. I hope jamal and paddy can continue to work their magic and we cause them a shock. 1-0 notts for me, Lita with the goal.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  3

We are fairly useless at the moment and if this continues you should be looking for a win.

Our strikers are all out of form and we had no shots on target against the mighty Gills who, in my opinion, easily outplayed us.

I just hope you get the backlash.

• Content Count:  896

I just hope you get the backlash.

Nice of you to say.

I am find waiting until we have played, you can thrash whoever you wish. The mighty pies will press and get a good result, I am fairly sure about that.

• Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I am hoping for a good performance, take the game to them, work hard, harry them, get in their faces, don't give them time on the ball, contest every 50/50 ball. 1-1 draw if we do all that.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  89

------------Carroll-----------
-Mullins--Eddy-Hollis--Adams
------------Jones---------------
-----Noble--C.Thompson---
-JCR----------------McCourt-
-----------Lita------------------

JCR and McCourt higher up the field, advanced wingers, so Lita is alone, but not alone at the same time.

Midfield trio of Jones, Thompson and Noble to cover both the central areas and help out the full-backs out wide if Swindon's full backs push on. Mullins instead of Dumbuya to offer more defensive stability. 

That would do for me! Hoping for a point, a win would be a bonus. 

• Content Count:  8
  • Days Won:  0

Can't say that I enjoyed the game at the lane but since then they have fell away a bit. We on the other hand are improving game on game. I know there are a lot of variables but I think we are in a position where our boys will remember and be up for the fight. Swindon may well think that we are as poor as we were regularly and take us lightly. I am hoping that they take the backlash of our poor finishing and we come back with a win.

I will be happy if we give a performance and will take a point. However, three would be lovely. COYPs

• Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  1

Gutted I'm not going anticipating a Notts win. Swindon vulnerable and Notts in good spirits

Regards Al

You Pies!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

After the last Few Games i'm very confident. We'l let in a goal or 2 But we'll score at least 3

The run to 55 points Started on Tuesdasy Night

CCCOOMMEEE OOONNNN  YYYOOUUUUUUU PPIIEESSSSSSSSSS :D :D :D

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Hoping to see my first Notts away win in over two seasons. Probably unlikely - despite their recent form I'd snap your hand off for a point right now. I do think we'll give them a good game but we have to take what chances we do get tomorrow. I just hope we make a game of it unlike my last two games. On the plus side it ccan't possibly be any worse than last season's game at Swindon, that was truly horrific.

COYP!

Well It's match day, I am excited about what could be. I think we will be the game much more with the recent additions, rather than we would without them. I won't be listening to the game as I am going out with my family but I will be keeping tabs on here and on Facebook.

Hopefully anyone at the game can report back during it, just so that people like myself get that ''insight'.

COYP!

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

I hope for a draw today...

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,743

A good performance and a point at least....please

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,234
  • Days Won:  69

Good luck Notts(sorry@medievalmickey)

Goalless so far? Anyone know how we are playing? Hopefully I don't put my foot in it and we are doing well. COYP!!

• Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

Well, what a shambles that was!

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,333
  • Days Won:  11

50 points is the goal. 13 Games to go.= 39 points up for grabs

We'll do it.

• Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

i feel for the fans who attended, yet we played a good side at home I think we have some good games coming up and I wont dwell on this result.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,932
  • Days Won:  26

From what I heard we gave a good game to an exceptional side for the first 25 mins then they took the ball and told us to do one and get our own.

The referee is never going to help himself when he should send a lad off and then chooses not to because of the earliness of the offence, that said we gave it a go and Foderingham made a couple of very good saves to keep them in the game and if the referee had grown a pair & sent the lad off then who knows but hey ho, onto Bradford where hopefully we can get a point.

On the point of referee's how good is Anthony Taylor in the Villa vs WBA game, why can't they all be like him (then he lets himself down massively just after I praised him!!!)

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

I dont blame the referee much at all, we did not put in a performance good enough to win and a draw seemed the best outcome but we lost. Fair play to Swindon, it took them some time to get going but played well at times.

Archived