FAO Ray Trew

AmericanPie

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

@RayTrew, I just noticed your welcome topic here on PON. Hopefully it isn't a prank! I have some questions for you which I hope you may answer (I do not read MAD).

1) Do you feel confident that the representation of overseas supporters benefits the football club in the long term? I ask this, as I have been out of the loop until I found PON and prior to that things greatly put me off.

2) Living in the states and doing a fair bit of travelling, I very rarely get to see highlights. Could the club in the future perhaps stream live highlights to those living abroad for a suitable fee?

3) Will Moniz be extending contracts nice and early this season to the players on short deals? Likewise, if Moniz finds success early will you reward him by extending his stay and to protect his services.

4) Behind the scenes, how are the coaching staff preparing for the new season and when do they and the players return?

5) What are your thoughts on the contributions made by genuine, loyal supporters of the club who try to represent the club by keeping interest within the club? i.e PON, the International Pages, Fans who do charity work etc.

6) What is the club doing in order to keep income flowing in and to network closely with the sponsors, advertisers and investors?

7) Will you be more hands on yourself this season? If so, what will your main three focuses be?

In advance for potential answers, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  2,832
  • Days Won:  59

It may be that it is, but they are a little busy... of course it could just be someone on a wind up. Who knows... unless they have the birthmark ;)

• Content Count:  128
  • Days Won:  0

He answered negative comments on the other forum yesterday, he may have forgotten to visit here. No question which is better though! Hopefully PON does not go ignored for that.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It may be that it is, but they are a little busy... of course it could just be someone on a wind up. Who knows... unless they have the birthmark ;)

Probably busy, yet I do hope he checks this site. For the record I do not expect answers go any of the above but I am curious.

I am sure that RT will answer any reasonable question

• Content Count:  33

@RayTrew, I just noticed your welcome topic here on PON. Hopefully it isn't a prank! I have some questions for you which I hope you may answer (I do not read MAD).

1) Do you feel confident that the representation of overseas supporters benefits the football club in the long term? I ask this, as I have been out of the loop until I found PON and prior to that things greatly put me off.

YES I MOST CERTAINLY DO.  WE ARE CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF OPENING OFFICIAL BRANCHES OF THE SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION AND WE HAVE TIED UP WITH  TRAVEL COMPANY FOR OVERSEAS FANS TO TRAVEL TO MEADOW LANE VERY ECONOMICALLY TO GAMES.  

2) Living in the states and doing a fair bit of travelling, I very rarely get to see highlights. Could the club in the future perhaps stream live highlights to those living abroad for a suitable fee?

UNFORTUNATELY THE SKY SPORTS DEAL WITH BOTH THE FL & PL PREVENTS US FROM DOING THIS

3) Will Moniz be extending contracts nice and early this season to the players on short deals? Likewise, if Moniz finds success early will you reward him by extending his stay and to protect his services.

NO PLAYERS ARE BEING SIGNED ON SHORT DEALS.  EVERY  PLAYER SIGNED THUS FAR HAS A MINIMUM OF 2 YEARS.  THERE IS ONE EXCEPTION TO THIS AN DTHIS PLAYER WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS.  WE ARE ALL SIGNING YOUNG PLAYERS FOR THE FUTURE AND YOU WILL SEE 3 SIGNINGS THIS WEEK.  RICARDO HAS SIGNED A 3 YEAR DEAL BUT AS YOU KNOW IN FOOTBALL THIS MEANS NOTHING.  I FULLY EXPECT HIM TO BE AT THIS FOOTBALL CLUB FOR Many YEARS TO COME

4) Behind the scenes, how are the coaching staff preparing for the new season and when do they and the players return?

GUY BRANSTON HAS BEEN WORKING RELENTLESSLY.  DAVE & DEAN HAVE BEEN CALLED TO RECRUITMENT MEETINGS ONLY.  RICARDO IS IN DAILY CONTACT WITH GUY & AILEEN.  

5) What are your thoughts on the contributions made by genuine, loyal supporters of the club who try to represent the club by keeping interest within the club? i.e PON, the International Pages, Fans who do charity work etc.

ALL I CAN SAY THEY DO THE CLUB PROUD

6) What is the club doing in order to keep income flowing in and to network closely with the sponsors, advertisers and investors?

WE HAVE HAD DURING THE CLOSE SEASON A COMPLETE RE-SHUFFLE OF THE BACK OFFICE.  THIS WILL CONTINUE ON A ONGOING BASS UNTIL I AM SATISFIED WE HAVE AS GOOD A TEAM OFF THE PITCH NOW AS WE WILL HAVE ON IT.  THER ARE MANY CHANGES BEING IMPLEMENTED WHICH CAN ONLY BENEFIT SUPPORTERS AND SPONSORS.

7) Will you be more hands on yourself this season? If so, what will your main three focuses be?

SINCE JIMS DEPARTURE I HAVE TAKEN ON A MUCH MORE HANDS ON ROLE.  THIS WILL CONTINUE AND MY FOCUS WE WILL BE IN SUPPORTING RICARDO AND HELPING HIM ACHIEVE SUCCESS

• Content Count:  57

How do you feel on the prices of tickets not being reduced next season? Do you feel like this will make people not want to come to The Lane and thus make the attendance awful in games for a league 2 side?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Can you do anymore to entice youngsters to the lane? I said in another thread that my 6 year old grandson is being courted by the dark side and enticed with a free shirt and ticket to a game, he's already got a free season ticket with Notts so he won't be swapping allegiance but that's because I have a season ticket, how about youngsters who haven't got sensible grandads like me :biggrin:

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Following on from that. has the club ever thought of setting up an education base within the club or maybe Portland? As someone who spent 15 years teaching in the Meadows it always struck me as strange that the Cricket club have one, the redbacks do and we don't. I realise it's another overhead to have a teachers wage and the setup costs of the computers etc...but surely the long term benefits of enticing kids in would be worth it?

It was always sickening having to take my classes on tours over the river instead!

• Content Count:  6

YES I MOST CERTAINLY DO.  WE ARE CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF OPENING OFFICIAL BRANCHES OF THE SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION AND WE HAVE TIED UP WITH  TRAVEL COMPANY FOR OVERSEAS FANS TO TRAVEL TO MEADOW LANE VERY ECONOMICALLY TO GAMES.  

UNFORTUNATELY THE SKY SPORTS DEAL WITH BOTH THE FL & PL PREVENTS US FROM DOING THIS

NO PLAYERS ARE BEING SIGNED ON SHORT DEALS.  EVERY  PLAYER SIGNED THUS FAR HAS A MINIMUM OF 2 YEARS.  THERE IS ONE EXCEPTION TO THIS AN DTHIS PLAYER WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS.  WE ARE ALL SIGNING YOUNG PLAYERS FOR THE FUTURE AND YOU WILL SEE 3 SIGNINGS THIS WEEK.  RICARDO HAS SIGNED A 3 YEAR DEAL BUT AS YOU KNOW IN FOOTBALL THIS MEANS NOTHING.  I FULLY EXPECT HIM TO BE AT THIS FOOTBALL CLUB FOR Many YEARS TO COME

GUY BRANSTON HAS BEEN WORKING RELENTLESSLY.  DAVE & DEAN HAVE BEEN CALLED TO RECRUITMENT MEETINGS ONLY.  RICARDO IS IN DAILY CONTACT WITH GUY & AILEEN.  

ALL I CAN SAY THEY DO THE CLUB PROUD

WE HAVE HAD DURING THE CLOSE SEASON A COMPLETE RE-SHUFFLE OF THE BACK OFFICE.  THIS WILL CONTINUE ON A ONGOING BASS UNTIL I AM SATISFIED WE HAVE AS GOOD A TEAM OFF THE PITCH NOW AS WE WILL HAVE ON IT.  THER ARE MANY CHANGES BEING IMPLEMENTED WHICH CAN ONLY BENEFIT SUPPORTERS AND SPONSORS.

SINCE JIMS DEPARTURE I HAVE TAKEN ON A MUCH MORE HANDS ON ROLE.  THIS WILL CONTINUE AND MY FOCUS WE WILL BE IN SUPPORTING RICARDO AND HELPING HIM ACHIEVE SUCCESS

The Notts County F.C Official Supporters Association elected a committee at a ESM on March 29th 2014 since forming  they have been very successful , success has only come as a result of an experienced hard working committee . The Association liaise with Management when necessary, but also work independently  and are self supporting.   Two forums have been staged for members and supporters to date. The Association has donated  Â£2,574.00 for much needed equipment for our  Academy since forming.  This can only be good news if we get more  Notts County F. C  fans coming  from other areas,  generating income from membership and fundraisers to help our Academy, and  stage forums for fan's.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  687

@RayTrew what are your personal hopes for the attendances this year? What are you and the club aiming to do to further entice fans support?

May I say how nice it is to see you on PON too. 

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Great to see @RayTrew on here and liaising with the many members of the PON community. All the best for the upcoming season - I can feel it's going to be a good one!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  387

@RayTrew do you ever feel overwhelmed by the curiosity of the Notts fan base? Also, how does it feel like not to be attacked or criticized for sharing your views someone?

I imagine both can be quite tiring.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Some interesting responses and questions.

As many folks know, I am apart of the official supporters association and again various people from all over will no doubt know how much I have attempted to bridge in supporters based in areas whereby branches could be formed.

I am interested to see this, it would naturally give the NCFCOSA more of a base.

We all work hard in various roles and have really gotten this off the ground, so branches could be something which allows us to move further together and of course help us in our existing work in supporting the academy.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

- Would you be open to the idea of Shaun Derry coming back to ML in a coaching or assistant manager role in the future, or has the relationship completely deteriorated? 

- In recent seasons, probably last season being the most noticeable, you have appeared to be distancing yourself somewhat from the club, why?

- What is your relationship like with the people in charge over the river?

- Have you seen 'highlights' of Guy Branston's 45 minutes for Notts?

Blimey, the poor fella...

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

lets hope the osa are given more backing to achieve further goals by the fan base.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

- Was Rodwell pushed or left of his own accord? Is it true that he was not very well liked by some in the playing and backroom team?

- If come January, Notts County sit 16th in League Two, would Riccardo's position be under threat?

- Keith Curle has got a bit of a reputation for bullying and dividing dressing rooms ( see: http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-united/latest/shunned-carlisle-utd-striker-billy-paynter-speaks-out-1.1220939),did you see any signs of this at Notts?

- What was the real reason for Irvine's departure?

- Would you be open to the idea of Shaun Derry coming back to ML in a coaching or assistant manager role in the future, or has the relationship completely deteriorated? 

- Before the influx of signings and positive news, there was a bit of apathy from some Notts fans regarding the clubs owners, do you think this was fair, and how do you take it?

- In recent seasons, probably last season being the most noticeable, you have appeared to be distancing yourself somewhat from the club, why?

- What is your relationship like with the people in charge over the river?

- Have you seen 'highlights' of Guy Branston's 45 minutes for Notts?

:lol: 

I realise some of my questions will probably not get responses. 

Some good questions there @Super_Danny_Allsopp,questions I'd also be interested in knowing the answers to but I think it would be unprofessional of @RayTrew to go into too much detail.I also think it's a bit unreasonable for us to expect Mr Trew to divulge some behind the scenes secrets.Lets just be grateful for any responses that @RayTrew feels comfortable in giving us and be grateful for any his participation here on PoN

• Content Count:  6

lets hope the osa are given more backing to achieve further goals by the fan base.

Thank you for you kind comments.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I can't help but agree with my dad folks, now there's a first! Me agreeing with @super_ram ;)

In all seriousness, ask questions but let's try to respect our owner, as it's nice to see him on here (as it was when @erindoors visited). I would also like to echo my comments made in the welcome thread, I am keen to see @RayTrew as a fan and not always answering questions because the fan element would be nice to see. I hope that we may.

Thank you for your time earlier Mr Trew.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

It seems to me that the type of player being recruited points to not only promotion from L2 but to form a basis for promotion from L1 as well?

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

I edited the questions that would not get a response anyway  :thumbsup:

No harm in asking @Super_Danny_Allsopp.I think we'd all like to know the answers but it does put @RayTrew in a very awkward position.

Archived