Langstaff to Wrexham, Plymouth, Ipswich?

Piethagoram

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

The website in question is consistently filled with rubbish, as they are notorious for disseminating false tweets. One particular scheme they employ is clickbaiting people. I did come across another source that mentioned interest from Plymouth and Ipswich. However, I shall reserve judgement until there is solid evidence to support this claim.

• Like 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Unfortunately, their reliability is not up to par and can be quite disappointing.

They've thrown Wrexham in there just for the sake of it; can you imagine us selling Macaulay Langstaff to Wrexham? Our supporters base would be annoyed and quite rightly so. I suppose knowing that Football League World makes up nonsense should be a good thing for us. Mangling a story, with fiction and calling it an "exclusive". right. Clickbait at it's worst.

• Like 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Clickbait-tastic. We can ignore this one. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  895
  • Days Won:  11

There are fans that  actually believe this paper talk drivel 

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

They speak nonsense and are not a credible paper or a site run by university-educated individuals. They claim to have information from agents and sources that likely don’t exist. I don’t trust anything from that website.

• Like 7

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

According to reliable sources, he is currently spending time with his family in the north of the country. It is unlikely that he is actively trying to pitch himself to clubs at the moment. Furthermore, it is also unlikely that any clubs are currently in talks with Notts. Not until he returns, the players always have 1 or 2 weeks off.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  5

I’m not sure if Macaualy Langstaff would want to join Wrexham. Plymouth probably can’t afford the transfer fee and I thought Ipswich was broke and having to restructure. Has life resumed for them now that they’ve been promoted?

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

You couldn't invent this sort of thing, but someone clearly has! Wrexham pursuing Macaulay Langstaff seems unlikely, as I doubt he'd be keen on making such a move. It's not that Wrexham isn't appealing, but I'm sceptical he's the kind to depart for a rival. True, Gateshead were promoted, but considering their smaller size, it was a sensible business decision. Wrexham and Plymouth, on the other hand, simply didn't make sense.

• Like 3

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,300
  • Days Won:  69

Another perfect example of the  twaddle clickbait drivel that appears at this time of year.Very annoying.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

plymouth to spend all of their promotion money on one player? the stories been picked up but we dont learn anything new. it just focuses on who langstaff is. 😂 its a slow news day in plymouth.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/plymouth-argyle-linked-notts-county-8472101

• Like 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,466
  • Days Won:  5

I highly doubt that Macaulay Langstaff will join any of those teams. Football League World is known for spamming Facebook groups in an attempt to get views and they’re not a reliable source. I noticed they published another piece that’s barely readable due to all the adverts.

• Like 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

Plymouth will want to spend more wisely on their team. They are being linked because of their promotion, not because they are interested. People in the know are writing false reports. I don’t think Ipswich will make an offer for him either. As for Wrexham, well…

• Like 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  4

On 25/05/2023 at 16:27, Piethagoram said:

Hope @Dry Nelson Ray has £20 million + available to pay😉

I don’t know where they got that information from. Maybe they have a secret source or maybe they’re just making it up. I mean, if Phil Parkinson doesn’t know, you have to assume it’s about as genuine as a $3 bill. Macaulay Langstaff is one hell of a player, but from a Wrexham perspective, there are no plans to place any bids for him. Unless of course, we’re talking about bidding on his autograph on eBay.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

I don't think we should sell him as I believe he has a bright future with us and plenty of goals to come if not breaking the notts all time record, I hope he doesn't leave but if he had to go I wouldn't accept anything less than £3 million.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Macaulay Langstaff was never going to sign for Wrexham; the club wouldn’t sell him to a rival. No matter how much money was offered, it would kill the buzz generated from gaining promotion and send things back into complaining. We don’t need to sell Langstaff right now; if he’s happy we can tell teams to come back later. His value will still be high even if he has only one year left on his deal.

• Like 3

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

If there are quotes from managers, players, agents etc., then I’m inclined to pay more attention to rumours. But my rule of thumb is that everyone fights for clicks/reads at this stage and when this occurs, people are likely to bend the truth. I take what most of these sites say or report with a pinch of salt, as I have zero confidence or faith that what is being said is or will be true.

• Like 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,300
  • Days Won:  69

A few things will be sorted in the next couple of weeks after players return from their holidays.Some contracts expire on 30th June,so expect further activity by the end of June and plenty more  media and fan speculation. Pre season fixtures start in July by which time most new contracts SHOULD be sorted.

• Like 1