Enzio Boldewijn to Newport?

Piethagoram

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think Newport County could spend wages more wisely, although Enzio does have goals in him - he's not very consistant at all, his defensive play is quite detrimental to a team too. He's probably better off at Sutton.

• Like 11

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I was going to say the same thing @Chris Enzio scored some great goals but consistency let him down, he definitely went missing in some games.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

hes just like a luxury car, you can do with it but appreciate the glamour it brings. i thought after leaving us he would improve with a new opportunity but hes the same. good luck to him though.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

@liampieYes I thought he might progress being in a higher league, I’ve seen him in a couple of matches on tv and he hasn’t really stood out. He seems to be treading water I hope going to Newport gives his career new impetus.

• Like 6

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

Enzio was a good player for us but he began to perform poorly and began to be lazy in a way, I fully expect him to be a decent signing for them but I don't expect him to be outstanding.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  102
  • Days Won:  0

Enzio has the talent, but for some reason, he doesn’t seem to put in enough effort. It could be a lack of focus, but all I know is that we’re better off now that he’s not guaranteed to start.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  881
  • Days Won:  1

Enzio started off well but deteriorated over time. When we consider the squad that sent us down, the lack of defending from him, along with Richard Duffy and Ross Fitzsimons, meant we had too many weaknesses.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  561
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

It's quite a curious conundrum when it comes to Enzio. Undoubtedly, the lad possesses immense talent and is truly capable of playing at a higher level where his fellow teammates are able to cover for his shortcomings. However, when he finds himself in the lower echelons of the footballing pyramid, Enzio's limitations are cruelly exposed. Defensively, he leaves his team wanting as any squad can ill-afford to have a player who doesn't pull their weight on the back foot. Moreover, his penchant for drifting out of games or appearing disinterested is deeply worrisome. Of course, he's a good guy off the pitch, but as a footballer, one can't help but feel that his undeniable qualities are tragically overshadowed by a multitude of negatives.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Enzio is a good bloke; he needs a manager who pushes and gets the best out of him. Regrettably, I believe managers in his earlier career never cared enough to set a standard. Or, perhaps they were content with him being more offensive, but he does leave a lot of room to exploit, and better teams will single it out. Good luck to him.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I liked and appreciated Enzio, but I realised much like with Cal Roberts we depended on him too much and the club wouldn’t improve until that stopped. That said, comparing Roberts to Enzio, is like comparing Messi to Snijders (ours). However, we did depend on Roberts and improved after he left. Enzio was always going to be that case.

• Like 3

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171

Enzio appeared disinterested on many occasions and seemed to demand more ball control, which was frustrating for me. I didn't consider him a great player nor did I think he displayed a team-focused attitude. While he may have had a couple of games where he played extraordinarily well, those were not frequent enough. In my opinion, teams should steer clear of him, as his flashy goals are not worth it.

• Like 4

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

Newport was linked to him when he was here, if I believe correct. They must either be desperate to have someone fire in goals or have a wish to put more stress on their own defence.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  5

Enzio may have been a talented player, but once better players came along, he became less valuable to the team. It’s understandable that fans may be upset if Ruben Rodrigues leaves, but at the end of the day, it’s important to move on and support the team no matter who is wearing the shirt.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

I honestly never liked or rated Enzio. I thought he was complacent and a player that was attracted to headline writing rather than focusing on his overall game. I don’t mean that I don’t like him as a person; I mean his ability on the pitch for us was something I never could get my head around.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

He was a good player on his day and scored some excellent goals for Notts. I wish him well if the move happens. He deserves to be somewhere that appreciates him and can allow him to flourish.

• Like 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

Good luck to Enzio if he does make the move. I can’t say we miss him, but it would be nice to know he’s enjoying his football.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  101

How desperate are Newport County, to sign a player like Enzio. It would undo a lot of their good work. Enzio would be better at a side like Orient or Stevenage where the defenders are brutes who can handle their own team mates errors.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

I think Enzio could do well for Newport County, they like players who have the quality to score goals and have other players who can defend.