Ex Notts loanee Enda Stevens released by Sheffield Utd

Piethagoram

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

Curtis Thompson and Enda Stevens are two players who have surpassed the expectations of many. Interestingly, both of them play on the left side, if memory serves correctly. It is indeed peculiar how their careers have progressed. Given their performance, it could be worthwhile to consider making enquiries about such talented individuals.

• Like 11
  • Surprised 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

I would welcome Enda Stevens back even though he’s now 32 but I doubt he would come all the way down to League Two. I am sure some Championship and upper League One teams will be seeking his signature.

• Like 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Enda Stevens was quite young when he arrived at Notts County. His arrival coincided with the club’s League Cup match against Liverpool.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

Enda Stevens could be an interesting signing, but I’m not sure if he would want to be a rotational player or if he would be able to bring out the best in Adam Chicksen. I hope he finds a good club where he can restart his career.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

Interesting, as I thought he was doing well for them. I suppose they want a change, but his career has been quite good. I wouldn’t mind seeing him back at Meadow Lane; he can cover centre back as did Adam Chicksen, but I think it’s rather likely a younger left-back will sign.

• Like 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I don’t remember his time at Notts; it might have been during a period where I was busy with work or possibly just one of those loans that slipped my radar. If he came back after leaving Sheffield United, it might be seen as a coup for the club.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Enda Stevens always reminded me of an inexperienced Alan Sheehan, with a lot of potential to go further in his career. When he signed for Sheffield United, I thought it wouldn't really suit him, but he did well for them. I remember seeing a couple of their games whilst in the Premier League and in those two games, Stevens seemed to be one of the standard players. Decent in defence and a lot of energy going forward.

Now, I am surprised those rumour mill sites haven't found a 'source' that has confirmed this in no particular way other than to say he's in talks. Which, naturally, everyone should believe because it's on the internet and in writing.

PS. If such a site ever writes 'sauce' instead of 'source', just know their lies will ketchup with'em. 😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It is hard not to like Enda Stevens; he just works hard, but I think there is little chance of seeing him step down to League Two, even if the club sold him the ambitions to make it to League One. I could see him joining a good League One team or maybe a mid-table Championship team.

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

good luck to him finding a new club, i think its highly unlikely he would return to notts.

• Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

I didn’t expect this to happen, but I think he will be fine. Good luck to him in finding a new club. I believe he may sign for Derby or a similar team.

• Content Count:  274

Good luck to Enda Stevens in finding a new club. I wonder if Luton Town might be interested? He has Premier League experience and they could do with a few experienced faces.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  686

I wish Enda Stevens the best of luck. He always showed promise at Notts. I doubt he’ll return here, but I’m sure another club will sign him.

• Like 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Enda Stevens did okay for Notts, considering he was thrown into the team and how the club was performing; it was always going to be a battle for the lad. I thought he had been doing well for Sheffield United. Now that David McGoldrick is here, I don’t think we can rule out that Notts may express interest.