Following Other Teams

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

This a curious post to see if, other than Notts, is there a team that people follow or keep an eye out for results? 

For me, I follow Orlando City and keep an eye out on how Coalville Town are doing. 

When Sky Sports started broadcasting the MLS on a regular basis, I was regularly tuning in to watch games (any chance to watch football I took tbf). So when more and more teams started becoming part of the MLS I wanted a team to follow over in the States. Having been to Orlando on multiple occasions and having a real fondness for the place, I thought it fitting to follow Orlando City. Been following them for about 7 or 8 years now. One day I'd love to go back to Orlando and hopefully go see them play. 

As for Coalville, I've been to see them numerous times as their ground is about a 20 minute walk away from where I live. Due to them being local, I often keep an eye out to see how they're doing and go down to watch them with the kids whenever I can. 

The only time I've been against Coalville when watching them was when they came to the San Sirrel in the FA Cup. Imagine the journey I would've had on the way back from Nottingham to Coalville with my lad. I was dreading it, my lad had a Notts County hat and scarf on that day but fortunately not much in terms of Coalville fans while making the journey home 😅

• Like 8

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,408
  • Days Won:  69

Do I really need to comment ?  COYR,COYP,Nuff said?

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,310
  • Days Won:  28

I don't really follow any other teams. The closest i get to that is seeing how other teams near notts position is towards the end of season.

• Like 4

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,960
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I used to work in Chesterfield in an office that had Spirerites, Stags, Owls, Rams, F*rest and Notts fans, you can imagine the banter that used to fly around, so I do follow all those results and look for them on a Saturday but I’m only a fan of Notts of course.

• Like 6

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,408
  • Days Won:  69

2 hours ago, KB1862 said:

@super_ram have you defected to the red side of the trent with "COYR" 😮

:demon::nuke::logik::angry::frantics::no::angry::no::no::super::sheep: NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,EVER- IT'S'''''COME ON YOU RAMS.....GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

• Content Count:  10,960
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
7 minutes ago, super_ram said:

:demon::nuke::logik::angry::frantics::no::angry::no::no::super::sheep: NEVER,NEVER,NEVER,EVER- IT'S'''''COME ON YOU RAMS.....GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear, you’ve upset him now @KB1862 I hope he doesn’t know where you live. Never poke a sleeping Ram. :joker:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,310
  • Days Won:  28

How much we know @super_ram doesn't like the red side, thats not going to happen 🤣

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  422
  • Days Won:  1

It’s basically a no. I don’t, but occasionally I take an interest if a club is doing well and it has a good story behind it.

• Like 5

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I used to keep an eye on Arsenal scores, but I am less interested these days. I grew up liking them because of their stripy socks. Well before they started winning things, I liked to watch football on TV and Arsenal were quite frequently in cup finals etc.

Also, I like Ajax and Aberdeen, but those have also faded over time as I have less interest.

The only team I do keep tabs on, is Juventus.

• Like 4

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

@Chris Aberdeen's a different one to keep an eye out for. Quite interested to know how that came about? 

I'd like to see Juventus to do well, due to the Notts link, but in recent years I've not really cared much if I'm honest especially given all the off field antics that go on with them 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I keep an eye on Kidderminster, Welling and Weymouth. In Scotland, I keep an eye on Queen's Park. In the non-league, it's East Stirling and Fort William. I sponsored a player at Fort William last season. 

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I only loosely follow Juventus and no other teams, not because of their performance, but because I can’t invest the time.

• Like 4

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@KB1862 It used to be a thing with teams with A and that wore red/white shirts.

I had an Aberdeen keeper shirt with padding on the elbows when I was young. I loved the shirt and wanted one ever since Granny Pie had worked on making their shirts from scratch, among many other Scottish clubs.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I don’t follow any other teams, just Notts. I’m not even interested in American sports. I do look for the cricket scores from time to time, but no other football clubs.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

me neither i dont really have the connection or interest in any other clubs.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  57
  • Days Won:  0

Doesn't everyone have a favourite Scottish side?  For me, it's Partick. And even though they're non-league now, I look out for East Stirlingshire's result  (black and white stripes, named after the county, second team in the smallest city to have two teams).
My name on here is a clue that I was born in Lincoln, and Graham Taylor's league 4 winning team in 1976 was my first football memory.  But I'd moved to Notts a year later and was a bit of a Liverpool fan, so I refused to convert to Forest.  My first game at Meadow Lane was to see Liverpool and gradually one thing led to another.  Also have a soft spot for Darlington as it's my Dad's home town and I went to a lot of games at Feethams as a kid.
My local team is Framlingham Town and I get to a few games there as well.

On 05/07/2023 at 15:37, Dripsey3 said:

I keep an eye on Kidderminster, Welling and Weymouth. In Scotland, I keep an eye on Queen's Park. In the non-league, it's East Stirling and Fort William. I sponsored a player at Fort William last season. 

I hate Queens Park!  But I get the black and white bit.

Edited by yelobeli
  • Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

I don’t follow any other clubs or sports; I am only interested in Notts.

@yelobeli

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  15

I don’t follow any other clubs, at least not in football. I occasionally pay attention to England and Nottinghamshire cricket, but no other clubs in football.