Reading : The rise and fall

Piethagoram

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Very sad but there will be other clubs having financial problems.Which club will it be next?

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I enjoyed watching Reading when they were in the Premier League. I like when teams outside the typical promoted teams go up and do well. Similar to Wigan and Portsmouth.

The issue is, I don't think clubs should gamble on situations if the risk is too great.

A lot of owners don't think with the right mentality, I know football is a harsh business to be in and things can flip at a moment's notice. However, by taking their time to build gradually and solidify their position as a strong team at any given level, the associated risk would decrease significantly, as opposed to rushing into it unprepared. A lot of clubs like Reading overspend to get to the Premier League, then to remain it's repeated. Once they get relegated, the parachute payments do not cover the wages. I think being more prepared in the long term is something that clubs should do, maybe the FA needs to implement some sort of advisory role where they try to ensure that clubs aren't risking the clubs future by chancing their ambitions.

I hate seeing clubs struggle, but much of it could've been avoided if better care had been taken.

• Like 10

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It’s a sad story and one that is becoming more and more frequent. I hope they survive.

• Like 9

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

It’s not good to see another English club in trouble. That’s why I feel we need to do more to encourage UK-based owners in football. I think overseas owners are too risky. It’s not about ambition; it’s more about wanting the promise of the riches that higher-up teams can get. Best of luck to Reading.

• Like 8

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

It’s disheartening to see so many English teams struggling. Good luck to Reading.

• Like 7

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

This is a very interesting article about the recent history of Reading Football Club. It’s sad to see how a financial gamble on reaching the Premier League has turned into a League One nightmare for the club and its fans. The article provides a detailed account of the events that led to the current situation, including the takeover by Chinese businessman Dai Yongge and his sister Dai Xiu Li, and the subsequent penalties and punishments for breaching financial regulations. It’s clear that the supporters feel disconnected from the club they love, and it’s important that their concerns are heard and addressed. Hopefully, Reading can turn things around and regain the success they once had.

• Like 6

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I feel sorry for Reading fans. They had some good times in the Premier League and should be able to find someone to take over. I don’t think it’s fair to single out Asian owners of football clubs as not always having the best interests at heart. Many owners in general see clubs as their own toy, but the amount of Chinese owners making their way into football and letting down the fans is quite high.

• Like 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Fans should be able to call for an internal review when they suspect things are starting to go wrong. The most important part of a club is its fans. Without them, the club is nothing and I feel for Reading. Much like other clubs such as Wigan and Southend, their fans don’t deserve it. I hope Reading manages to get out of their trouble.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

We all desire for Reading to overcome its challenges. It’s not good to see any club struggle. We have been there, so we share the concerns and I wish the club all the best for pulling through this tough period. Their fans do deserve much better!

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

I hope Reading overcomes their issues soon. It's really not good to see them struggling. They need to find solutions and get back on track.

• Like 2

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

It's been a tough time at Reading. Another club failed by its owner. How many more clubs are gonna fall due to poor ownership? As has been said on multiple occasions regarding owners running a club poorly resulting in them declining there needs to be more done to stop this from happening. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

so many teams, wigan, southend etc all struggling, it's horrible but reading should pull through because they have a good stadium and someone should be interested if their owners end up selling.

• Like 1