Tshimanga to Wrexham?

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I wonder if they’ve been sniffing round Langstaff to replace Mullin and that’s why he got a new offer, showed they’ve now switched to Tshimanga.

• Like 6

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Personally, I think he's one of those players who are vastly overrated. I think Wrexham would have done well with the Andy Dallas type players, more than this guy.

I think he can be a great player in the lower levels, but he was a ghost at Chesterfield in the games I watched him play, I know he had his injury but the televised games of Chesterfield before that period he looked awful for them.

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Peterborough fans are happy with the fee banded around and want to sell as they are not impressed at all with him. Totally lost interest when he was at Chesterfield and I’m pretty sure they were quite happy to get rid of him as well. Doesn’t appear to be anywhere near the player he was and is definitely no Mullin substitute.

• Like 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  54

Maybe the Mullin injury is more serious than they imagined, why would you spend a big chunk of money to replace someone for a month or two otherwise? He’s a great player for them but that’s what squads are for, would be a real vote of no confidence to the likes of Dalby and Waters if they sign someone for a month and then Mullin is back!

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i dont rate him as much as some do, he seems to be one of those players who only puts effort in to get a better pay day. i think hes shot himself in the foot not to try harder to make the ppeterborough move work but its what it is.

he may suite wrexham to be fair tho.

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

He will do well with a good League Two team. If Wrexham can get the best out of him, it would be a good move on paper. I don’t rate him much higher, but he’s not a bad player.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,654
  • Days Won:  89

On 10/08/2023 at 18:05, menzinho said:

Maybe the Mullin injury is more serious than they imagined, why would you spend a big chunk of money to replace someone for a month or two otherwise? He’s a great player for them but that’s what squads are for, would be a real vote of no confidence to the likes of Dalby and Waters if they sign someone for a month and then Mullin is back!

You wouldn't, as in.... most normal clubs wouldn't. They've been trying since the day after Mullin got injured. Why? Moneys not an object. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

@menzinho I wouldn't necessarily agree. I believe Wrexham is aiming to enhance their squad's strength, and he would integrate effectively into their system. Paul Mullin's injury shouldn't be overly severe, but it will take several months for him to recover. It appears to me that they are attempting to acquire a versatile player who can fulfill various roles, rather than seeking a long-term remedy for an injury.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Tshimanga would excel in League Two; I had thought he would perform well with Peterborough, but similar to managers, some players require more time to flourish. The predicament lies in the fact that football is heavily focused on immediate results, and if Wrexham is offering money, Peterborough may opt to accept the offer and finalize the transfer.

• Like 3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,133
  • Days Won:  2

There's no resentment towards him or Wrexham; Tshimanga deserved the opportunity, and I still believe he could excel at a higher level with the right team. I had anticipated he would thrive at Peterborough, but the club seems to be less organized than in previous seasons. He is by no means responsible for their inconsistency or unsuccessful promotion bid.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Ha! I don't intend for it to come across as us being resentful towards Tshimanga for joining Chesterfield, as we likely were never genuinely pursuing him despite the rumors that circulated at the time.

His transfer to Peterborough should have been more successful, but I suspect it's more related to their failure to secure promotion. He's a skilled player and would certainly perform admirably in League Two. If he ends up signing with Wrexham, we wish them the best of luck, because there's no need for us to be concerned.

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

I have read stories about Peterborough requesting bidders to put their money where their mouth is and suggestions that Wrexham will pay £500,000 for a forward who has only scored goals in the lower levels of English football. He has scored 8 goals on loan and 1 permanently, but has not scored any goals since leaving Chesterfield. Peterborough should cut their losses if they hope for more money because he is not worth it. He is a good player, but a one-trick pony and not effective at higher levels.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I recall his name being discussed among Notts fans as a player they desired for the club, and his track record in Non League appears commendable. Transitioning to Peterborough should ideally have yielded better results in my opinion; if he's struggling to find the net or create opportunities, there might be an issue with his current playing situation. If Wrexham decides to acquire him, that's their prerogative. My primary concern is Notts, and his presence shouldn't be a significant source of concern for us.