New bar in kop

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

For those kopites who like a drink at the match.

• Like 13

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i wont be using it but it has been needed for ages, its good that it helps reduce the crowding around that end of the kop too. it should have a big impact on serving fans and increasing profits.

• Like 9

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  531
  • Days Won:  1

Sensational news, isn't it? Just what the good old kop needed. Will not only serve the fans but also likely uplift the club's profits. Can't wait for a cold pint during the next match!

• Like 11

• Content Count:  374
  • Days Won:  0

The new bar is such a great addition. Coincides well with the cold season too, nothing like a drink to keep the spirits high during the chilly games.

• Like 10

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

Definitely long overdue! I always found myself in dread of the pub crush. Now with this option at the kop, it sounds much more appealing. Looking forward to it.

• Like 9

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355

The improvements made on Saturday significantly enhanced the service, providing ample room for social interaction. It evoked memories of the bar found at Salford and numerous other clubs. This experience certainly surpasses being squeezed into a single area.

• Like 8

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

The long-awaited relief from match day stress is welcome. I hope the club continues to prioritise improvements like this, as it could significantly boost revenue. With recent transformations at The Embankment and Trent Navi, it would be beneficial to encourage spending at Notts instead of these venues. I tend to avoid the Meadow Lane Sports Bar due to its high prices and limited seating. I usually head straight into the ground, and once I turn 18, I’ll likely frequent the bar behind the KOP.

• Like 10

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

Definitely long overdue! I always found myself in dread of the pub crush. Now with this option at the kop, it sounds much more appealing. Looking forward to it.

• Like 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  231

The pub is a brilliant plan, the KOP's been longing for something of this sort for ages. If the club and owners keep putting the earnings back in, the facilities around the entire ground will only get better. It's a lovely upgrade!

• Like 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I intended to go check it out and capture pictures of the fans experience, but I decided to focus on watching the game - so I didn't even see it. It looks amazing though; I know two fans who had recommended this exact thing for many years during fan meetings. So, I personally think the club should acknowledge them as it is mentioned within the fan group meeting minutes that were held during the Trew/Hardy eras.

It should make a massive difference, moving around at half-time in that area of the KOP where the normal bar is getting very crowded.

I think from a safety stance it will benefit the club, as I could see it being deemed unstable with how jammed it gets when we are 10k+ in attendance. People waited the entire half-time period for a pint. That should be a thing of the past now, but much of the issue was the staff itself.

• Like 7

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

The bar’s new look is impressive and certainly adds a touch of charm. However, I believe the club could also invest in improving the existing facilities. I don’t mean to sound demanding, but while the container bar is a nice addition, it feels like a fancy cover-up for a minor flaw. I hope the club plans to use some of the earnings to upgrade the snack and food bars.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

The bar is a great idea, and I agree that the profits should be reinvested into the club. Notts should collaborate more with the Magpie Brewery to offer drinks outside of their beverage partner, if possible.

• Like 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

On 21/11/2023 at 15:15, NottsCountyKev said:

nothing like a drink to keep the spirits high

I see what you did there :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

I'm too young to drink, and I still have a few years to go before I reach that age. However, I believe that young fans of my age and even younger are often overlooked. It's great that efforts are being made to enhance the sale of food and drinks, but it would be nice to have better snacks and sweets in general.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  905
  • Days Won:  3

Having moved from the KOP to the Pavis Stand a few seasons ago, I can see that there’s room for improvement in the latter. However, it’s reassuring to know that the club is cognisant of the areas that need attention. With the additional revenue, it’s crucial that we make smart investments off the pitch to facilitate progress on it. After all, a club’s success isn’t just about what happens during the 90 minutes, it’s also about the decisions made behind the scenes.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

The bar looks brilliant, there’s a real trend with turning containers into homes and other useful things. I’ve heard that the Navi has a container where their car park used to be, right near the main gates. This should compete with that, hopefully the owners start to secure land around the ground. It’s always handy to plan ahead, plenty of projects like this could bring in revenue, much like the peddling centre.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  495

The new bar is a clever idea, it should increase profits while making it easier to get served. Fans will make the short journey, even in the cold, just to get a pint, so it’s a win-win situation.

• Like 2